Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 1 was my first stand alone 5k (with enough warm up and cold down) to put me at 30:05. That's the first stand alone 5k I've raced in 5-6 years. Holy crap those are hard, someone shoulda warned me!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Dec 16, 18 4:56
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful weather here in Chicago. 40f, sunny and a little breezy. Run #uno is done.

Goal #1 is to get ready for a marathon on April 14. Will use this challenge to “hang out” with all you crazies :) and to remind myself that I’m not the only idiot logging miles in freezing Chicago winter :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for my first year! Day 1 is tech and icarly a FAIL. Today I did a backcountry ski and wore myself out with no more time or energy to hit that first run. I am shooting for a Bronze medal here, so I'm down to 29 days I can miss. Good luck to all!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, I'm all for getting a jump on the 100/100 and putting a few in the bank but Bluestack is a 7 already and it's 2 in the afternoon on day 1. Srsly!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day1 done. Nothing fancy or picturesque... Just a 4 mile out and back from house.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
If only there was a helpful set of instructions hidden away somewhere on this forum...

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

And remember, I'm more like a guest, not a regular--it's more like a relative's house where I don't know where everything is and should be and what I can and can't touch...or where the bathroom is.

and what do you mean that 'my seat is too high' and 'get off my lawn'...

;)

Wow. 7 runs already. Out of the gate with a burst.
My pace will slow from the 1/1 start I had.

I am saddened by the fact that I injured my back twisting around suddenly while driving today. Will see how tomorrow looks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Okay, I'm all for getting a jump on the 100/100 and putting a few in the bank but Bluestack is a 7 already and it's 2 in the afternoon on day 1. Srsly!

what happens on day 1 doesn't matter. or on day 20. what matters is what happens on day 80. what i have planned is to be well behind by the halfway point. but to make big headway in the last 40 days.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ianpeace wrote:

what happens on day 1 doesn't matter. or on day 20. what matters is what happens on day 80. what i have planned is to be well behind by the halfway point. but to make big headway in the last 40 days.

This is one event in life that rewards procrastination....well, not total slacking off now, but some degree of cruising now is rewarded later. This is totally different from most things at work or school where you get hammered for not pushing early!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He or she is up to 8 now!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But you can't ignore that some are also training for races. I think it's more about finding the right integration, rather than just playing the easy-does-it game. The hare nor the turtle will win. It'll probably be the fox.
Meanwhile, I did my first run shirtless because the weather's so nice here. It was a good run.

NO
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice cool morning. About 25 degrees in northwest iowa. 55 mins, 7.19 miles. Should’ve ran further... Spending family Christmas with my significant others family!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [flychris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flychris wrote:
He or she is up to 8 now!

10 now!

I did 120 laps around a 0.1 mile indoor track to start as the weather was nasty and still snow/slop on my normal long run route. Good mental training for an upcoming ultra. Was planning for another 4 this evening but opted for Mexican food.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, I'm all for getting a jump on the 100/100 and putting a few in the bank but Bluestack is a 7 already and it's 2 in the afternoon on day 1. Srsly!//

Up to 10 now, is this for real???? Maybe someone training for some 100 mile ultra getting a head start, or do we need marathon investigations to look into this...(-;
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [SwizBeats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SwizBeats wrote:
dtoce wrote:
go to the training log

hit connect with strava button
then hit sync with strava now

there will be a pop up telling how many activities were added

recheck the log/leaderboard

Hmmm, I've done that a few times, and again just now...still 0

I keep getting the same message too, Says I have 0 activities to load.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure its been covered but I haven't seen it:

How does one take a day off if we're supposed to run every day for 100 days?
Last edited by: coralsnake: Dec 15, 18 21:07
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [coralsnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coralsnake wrote:

You can "bank" runs. Meaning you can do two (2) 30 min runs in the same day - as long as they are at least an hour apart. This essentially allows you to skip the following day. At least that's my understanding. Others correct me if I'm wrong please.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Don_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I understood, you're wrong. You can bank a litle "extra" ( do 35min a day then 25 the day after) on rare occasions, but you can't take a day off.

EDIT : this is false, it appears you can bank runs
Last edited by: strangename: Dec 16, 18 4:46
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [coralsnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coralsnake wrote:

Read Dan’s opening post on this thread.

I hadn’t bothered to do that until day 1, and so glad I did as I would have done something stupid I am sure.

I have never run so slow but it makes sense and I know it will payoff, which ultimately is the aim of this game.

Upon a rising sun this morning, looking at the farm lands, dodging the spiraling bug clusters, the run thoughts dominated by 2 things, fair dinkum how good is this and I’ve got to be smart and be here in 80 days time.

Just the movitation I needed after 18 months off due to the madness of running a 7 day a week business.

Nice one ‘twits.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
strangename wrote:
From what I understood, you're wrong. You can bank a litle "extra" ( do 35min a day then 25 the day after) on rare occasions, but you can't take a day off.

Strangename - just so we're clear - here's the rule according to Dan (from the top of this thread):

Accumulated Wisdom: This is year-12 of this Challenge. Much has been learned, good and bad.

27. Don't try to bank run sessions early. Just trust the process. You'll probably be more successful "banking" runs, as in, performing double runs, later in the Challenge rather than earlier.
28. Take days off when you need to. As your fitness increases, you may find later in the Challenge you can run doubles. Most who hit their 100/100 do take rest days.

Best,

Don_W

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coralsnake wrote:

The answer is in the name - "Run 100 times in 100 days", not "Run 100 consecutive days".

There are usually some people who will end with over 120 runs, or 1000 runs if the first day is any indication. ;)

Last edited by: tricyclist: Dec 16, 18 4:39
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [tricyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well then I was completly wrong ! thank you for correcting me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [tricyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tricyclist wrote:
coralsnake wrote:

The answer is in the name - "Run 100 times in 100 days", not "Run 100 consecutive days".

There are usually some people who will end with over 120 runs, or 1000 runs if the first day is any indication. ;)

Is there a max amount of runs I can do on a given day?

For example can I run 7 runs on Sunday and then not run again till the following Sunday?

What about skipped runs? Can I skip a week then run 7x to make it up?

Just trying to understand the rules.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
strangename wrote:

Are you also coralsnake? I wasn't correcting anyone, only answering his question - and having a little fun with the unusual start - as a few others have already.

Quote | Reply
coralsnake wrote:
tricyclist wrote:
coralsnake wrote:

Is there a max amount of runs I can do on a given day?

For example can I run 7 runs on Sunday and then not run again till the following Sunday?

What about skipped runs? Can I skip a week then run 7x to make it up?

Just trying to understand the rules.

No max number. "Yes" to each of your other questions above.

Quote | Reply
tricyclist wrote:
strangename wrote:

Are you also coralsnake? I wasn't correcting anyone, only answering his question - and having a little fun with the unusual start - as a few others have already.

Well I was answering to Don W but I forgot to quote him
Quote Reply

Prev Next