Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
JoelO wrote:
Yeh, looks like he has at least an hour between the “start” of each run but not an hour between the end of a run and the start of another.

It actually looks legit Joel. An entire hour rest between each run.

Tough weekend and very long days, starting/stopping like that. Props to him!
(I checked just now, as can anyone, by clicking on his name (or anyone's) in the training log.)

We must support his craziness-as long as no injury comes of it!!
Looks like the work week is getting in the way today-we all know how irritating that is....

#ST100in100

A late airing for a grievance, but my work week has already gotten in the way of me doing a single work all day (and I am behind on my 15 ST postings per day, which barely match blustack's 10 runs per day).

Off to the pool as I am at 1160km out of the annual target of 1200km and need a bunch more 4K swims....100/100 I'll log my second goose egg day.

OK, let's hope Blustack gets to 28 runs by the of today!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
dtoce wrote:
JoelO wrote:
Yeh, looks like he has at least an hour between the “start” of each run but not an hour between the end of a run and the start of another.

It actually looks legit Joel. An entire hour rest between each run.

Tough weekend and very long days, starting/stopping like that. Props to him!
(I checked just now, as can anyone, by clicking on his name (or anyone's) in the training log.)

We must support his craziness-as long as no injury comes of it!!
Looks like the work week is getting in the way today-we all know how irritating that is....

#ST100in100

A late airing for a grievance, but my work week has already gotten in the way of me doing a single work all day (and I am behind on my 15 ST postings per day, which barely match blustack's 10 runs per day).

Off to the pool as I am at 1160km out of the annual target of 1200km and need a bunch more 4K swims....100/100 I'll log my second goose egg day.

OK, let's hope Blustack gets to 28 runs by the of today!

Dude-no whining! I've already been scolded about that and you're the founding father of the thread.
Get that swimming done and get that big goal of yours. You know that you can do it.

Stop talking to everyone when you should be swimming!!

(I'm also 1/0/0 for the 'contest' but I think my back may be good enough to try TM 'yogging' tomorrow.)
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Long live bluestack867.

Frankly - I don’t get what this person is trying to accomplish. Either:

A) ST is being trolled
Or
B) This person is trying to win the internet

Long term gains are a function of consistent smart work. Trying to run 8X a day is neither consistent, nor smart. Yeah, fine he/she will post 100 runs in 10 days - what does this prove to anyone?

/rant over
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anton84 wrote:
Quote:
Long live bluestack867.

A) ST is being trolled
Or

Long term gains are a function of consistent smart work. Trying to run 8X a day is neither consistent, nor smart. Yeah, fine he/she will post 100 runs in 10 days - what does this prove to anyone?

/rant over

C). All he does is win.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anton84 wrote:
Quote:
Long live bluestack867.

A) ST is being trolled
Or

/rant over

Just give in.... Root for the underdog. I hope he pulls it off... Or fails spectacularly trying. What the hell. Go for it!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • Blue - as in balls, due to giving so much energy to running that all other life pleasures take a backseat
  • Stack - refers to how he arranges his runs each one starting 91 minutes after the previous
  • 867 - the number of runs he's going to log in 100 days
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 down, 97 to go. Taking it very easy out of the gate and aiming for the bare minimum time requirement for now.

I was a little worried yesterday as my legs felt like lead and right hamstring was one big monkeyfist. And I was only on day 2!! A little naproxen last night did the trick. Felt great today.

For those still mixing in other disciplines, how do you manage hard bike workouts during this challenge?

Normally, my week would include two 1 hour VO2 workouts and a long endurance ride on the weekend.

Not sure anything more than recovery rides would be possible after a few weeks of this run volume.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
  • Blue - as in balls, due to giving so much energy to running that all other life pleasures take a backseat
  • Stack - refers to how he arranges his runs each one starting 91 minutes after the previous
  • 867 - the number of runs he's going to log in 100 days

I am thinking that BlueStack867 is planning to do 1 week surge to hit 50 runs then take 12 weeks off to recover and return in the final week for the final 50 runs. It's like that guy in university that showed up to class for week 1 and basically plowed through around half of the course work in a week because the prof is going waaaaaay toooooo slooooow for him. That guy then dissappeared and skipped class all the way to the week before finals while he hung out in the pub and chased women. Then he comes back at the end of the semester (after showing up for mid terms that he already studied for in week 1 and scored A's on on account of his week 1 push) and says, "so what' been going on in the course the last 12 weeks and what do I need to do to score an A+ on finals".....then he puts his head down, crams for a week and blows away the rest of us who have been diligently toiling away, hanging on for dear life that we never fall more than a few classes behind so that we can catch up before finals and MAYBE score an A- so we can have a good enough result to get into grad school (or get a decent job).

Every class has a character like that. The rest of us who had moderate abilities but needed to stay on top of things always hailed that superstar. I think this is what is going on at 100/100 right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m just doing a one a day pace. I’m actually at 76 days in a row now. I started to do a streak as a way to get consistent again in running and set a base for marathon training that starts next week. Nice side benefit was losing about 15lbs. Looking forward to continue to keep the streak going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quite contrary to those who 'rank' from 36-100 now with 3 runs (just looking the American continent now, as it's easier to compare because of time zones). Those are 65 participants who seem to follow a more conventional training approach, with most of them logging a long run in the weekend, a focus run, and a recovery run.

I wish we could do a proper research study on this. Let everyone do a controlled half marathon (as much as that's possible), then after 100 days do a repeat. At that point use this goldmine of data to determine possible effectiveness of training programs.

Who would see most gains? The 100/100's? That one guy with 876/100? The big median with 81/100??

NO
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:
Quite contrary to those who 'rank' from 36-100 now with 3 runs (just looking the American continent now, as it's easier to compare because of time zones). Those are 65 participants who seem to follow a more conventional training approach, with most of them logging a long run in the weekend, a focus run, and a recovery run.

I wish we could do a proper research study on this. Let everyone do a controlled half marathon (as much as that's possible), then after 100 days do a repeat. At that point use this goldmine of data to determine possible effectiveness of training programs.

Who would see most gains? The 100/100's? That one guy with 876/100? The big median with 81/100??

I did a 10k after 4 weeks of training and before that 2 years of mostly sitting on my ass. I’m going to try and find a 10k for April or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:

Since most of te athletes on slowtwitch are triathletes I would expect to see a very high percentage following a more balanced training approach. I am impressed by the discipline to crank out a whole slew of 3 mile treadmill runs 90 minutes apart but that is definitely "challenge focused" and not "training focused". I am back into this challenge for the first time in about 10 years. I just got back from a morning run and plan to do my first double of the challenge later today. My balance will shift a bit more towards the run since I am running Boston in April and I should manage the 100 runs but at age 52 I definitely won't be chasing the spreadhseet and doing 4 or 5 in a day or my long run in April won't be anywhere near my goal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:

I already have the answer for you.

The most effective training plan if you can handle it and build up to it is 1 hour in the morning, 1 hour in the afternoon 6 days a week and 2 hours on Sunday for 339-40 at 20 kph average speed. This is roughly the top level macro Kenyan marathoner plan. It's basically the 185 runs out of 100 days for 3600km plan.

Most of us don't have the genetics to aspire to 2x per day all week like the Kenyans, but 2x per day is pretty standard for elite runners. The goal of the challenge is to get people to at least 1x per day. This does not preclude long runs, hills, track or days off. A conventional plan is not 3 runs per week. I am not sure how that even got into the triathlon vocabulary, just like 3x swims per week is a pretty bad swim plan.

I came from a track background doing 2x per day for Mon to Fri (most weeks) and a longer run on the weekend and a day off. Pretty well every swimmer on here did 2x per day their entire swimmer life. It's pretty proven that 2x is a pretty good approach where volume can be accrued, while getting intensity in, without totally trashing the body (if you were to do the same volume on 1x you'd deplete easily).

Whether it is 1x per day or 2x per day, it's going to be better than 3x per week. We don't need to get data to prove this. Coaches already figured this out in the 1960's in both running and swimming.

Now if people can intelligently use the challenge for a run focus (or in my case, I've been applying the approach for a multi year swim focus), then athletes MAY lift their game in running. Most who apply the challenge intelligently and listen to their bodies, they come out ahead off frequent running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:

This would be really interesting. We'll all have to self-report our running gains after the challenge winds down. For me, I have a half in January, a 5k and 10k in Feb, a 10-mile race in March sometime, and a Half in April. I hope to see some significant improvements in all those races (but also, I've been heavily run focused for about 14 weeks now as it is).

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to try to explain my current run volume and goals the best I can. Last November I was coming off a 70.3, everesting, and marathon all very close together. I shut down all activity for a full month to recover. Starting December I challenged myself to do 90 swim, bike, or runs for 90 days straight. The 90 for 90 streak was my own personal challenge, very similar to how Dev started the 100/100 runs - and pretty much for the same reasons. I wanted motivation to get back out there after a month off and string together 3 months of activity in the dead of winter.

Fast forward to today and the 90 for 90 streak is now up to 384 days in a row. I do take rest days, but they are minimum 1 mile on the treadmill to keep my personal streak going.

After my first IM two months ago, I took 2 weeks of recovery where I decreased volume a ton. During that time, I got the urge to run. Running would be my focus all winter. I started run commuting to work 8 miles each way on Mondays and Fridays. I averaged 7 miles per day over 50 days, the majority being outdoor pavement runs. My run volume was increasing a lot and I was having fun. For me (given my personal situation and schedules) it is the best most efficient way to increase fitness without taking away from family time too much. Coming off IM training last year I needed to decrease volume (time) a lot for my family.

I stumbled upon the Slowtwitch 100/100 thread a couple weeks ago and I thought to myself, well I am already running a shit ton and this challenge very closely aligns with my current goals... so why not enter it and throw down hard.

One of my favorite ST advice of all time - I was asking for advice regarding racing Savageman 12 days before my first full. One dude’s advice: “throw down hard, do epic shit. If it costs you 30 minutes and Maryland, so what?”. I loved it.

Anyway, I'm not hiding it - I am doing the absolute bare minimum so far. All but two of my runs have been on a $300 craig's list treadmill in my garage. It is very low impact for me given that I am used to running on pavement. I have only been logging 30-minute runs and doing nothing extra.

Leading up to the start of the challenge I knew I wanted to throw down hard and do 10 runs on day one. I also knew I wanted to follow it up with 4 or 5 runs on day two. I was surprised how well my body reacted to 37 miles on day one so on day two I did the maximum possible and cranked out 9 more runs. My family had plans in the morning of day two with travel so that is why I couldn't get in the full 10 and it is also why I did two of the runs outside in freezing rain. There are three things that I want to stick to.

1. I value my sleep and I know how important it is for recovery - so I’ll never have a run end after 9 pm.
2. I am being extremely productive during 1-hour breaks.
3. when my wife says don’t run, I don’t run.

I have a full-time job, young kids, and my wife works evenings three days a week so any thoughts of 100 in 10 are completely not there.

I'm having a good time, working on my form, getting good sleep, focusing on short recoveries and monitoring my body. My current pace won't last all 100 days. My goals shifted quite a bit yesterday morning when I learned I was moved from the Hyner 50k wait list to the registered list. I wasn’t expecting to be able to race Hyner until April 2020 but now yesterday morning I learned I’ll be racing it in 123 days. Before that I knew I would do 200/100. I was locked in for that. 300/100 was a possibility if I stuck to the bare minimum. But priorities will change soon, and I’ll be doing longer runs, huge elevation, more travel to trails etc to prepare for Hyner. I only race a couple times each year and when I lock into a race I train correctly to the best of my ability. Ten 30-minute treadmill runs spaced 1 hour 1 minute apart is obviously not great physical training. But like Dev had mentioned somewhere in this thread, the hardest part is getting back up and starting the next run after a break. And the next one. And the next one. And the next one. And the next one. I would argue that is good mental training.

At the end of the day I’m in the mood to run, so I run. My total number can’t be compared to others correctly because I am doing the absolute bare minimum. Others are doing more efficient training and usually swimming and biking as well. I remember mile 9 of my IM run a couple months ago - hearing the leaders finishing hours ahead of me. I still had a personal victory that day because I was racing myself and my own time goals – pretty much in line with another post Dev made in this thread about being the best you and controlling you. Anyone who is chasing their own results in this 100/100 keep it up and post your runs / recaps and let us know how you are doing.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bluestack, your challenge sounds fun and like a really good idea. I'm sure many people tell you it's crazy. But I think we're all crazy for not raising own expectations and doing fun challenges like yours. Yay for you! Yay for your wife for supporting you!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
Going to try to explain my current run volume and goals the best I can. .

Thanks for this! I think it helps when others can see we are all in this together, although with clearly varying motivations. I wish you and everyone, success in their journey.

It'll be fun reading your next race report!

I also like the idea about follow up posts after this challenge is completed as it would be great to hear if goals were achieved or if breakdown was a bigger problem than perceived. I suspect, with proper structure and achieving the goal of consistency and increased volume, most will have big improvements in the R. It's certainly what I hope for...
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
bluestacks867 wrote:
Going to try to explain my current run volume and goals the best I can. .

Thanks for this! I think it helps when others can see we are all in this together, although with clearly varying motivations. I wish you and everyone, success in their journey.

It'll be fun reading your next race report!

I also like the idea about follow up posts after this challenge is completed as it would be great to hear if goals were achieved or if breakdown was a bigger problem than perceived. I suspect, with proper structure and achieving the goal of consistency and increased volume, most will have big improvements in the R. It's certainly what I hope for...

Damn Tyler, you are genuinely on a mission to truly accomplish EPIC goals. Kudos and good luck.

I, too, am lucky to have an understanding spouse; greatest gift ever. And over the years I've learned to blend family time and training time. My 15-yr-old son actually watches my Zwift races; he bikes beside me while I run and hands me my water bottle; when he was little I did a ton of marathon training with him in the stroller; we do relay Tri races.

Gl at Hyner!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Alabama Viking wrote:

This would be really interesting. We'll all have to self-report our running gains after the challenge winds down. For me, I have a half in January, a 5k and 10k in Feb, a 10-mile race in March sometime, and a Half in April. I hope to see some significant improvements in all those races (but also, I've been heavily run focused for about 14 weeks now as it is).

-Eric

To celebrate her 3rd year post Leukemia, the Mrs had an event per month that she wanted to do...hence I also do them.

Midway through her 'challenge', she noted that the 5k goal was sub-19. We would have done it back in May had the course been accurate and not long. But, we came up slow the last couple of attempts.

She's got another 5k on the 30th of December, only 2 weeks into the challenge. And another one in late January, so around 6 weeks into the challenge. The December one will not be on any 'speedwork', but we'll probably add some basic 400s or 800s for January.

Very informal, but it will be interesting to see how the performances compare after much running frequency and more running miles. I've been hovering around 12-14 per week on 3 runs. So, I'm doubling mine and running slower overall for now. Will keep y'all posted.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's badass. You, sir, get a special emoji in the leaderboard for your efforts.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
Going to try to explain my current run volume and goals the best I can. Last November I was coming off a 70.3, everesting, and marathon all very close together. I shut down all activity for a full month to recover. Starting December I challenged myself to do 90 swim, bike, or runs for 90 days straight. The 90 for 90 streak was my own personal challenge, very similar to how Dev started the 100/100 runs - and pretty much for the same reasons. I wanted motivation to get back out there after a month off and string together 3 months of activity in the dead of winter.

Fast forward to today and the 90 for 90 streak is now up to 384 days in a row. I do take rest days, but they are minimum 1 mile on the treadmill to keep my personal streak going.

After my first IM two months ago, I took 2 weeks of recovery where I decreased volume a ton. During that time, I got the urge to run. Running would be my focus all winter. I started run commuting to work 8 miles each way on Mondays and Fridays. I averaged 7 miles per day over 50 days, the majority being outdoor pavement runs. My run volume was increasing a lot and I was having fun. For me (given my personal situation and schedules) it is the best most efficient way to increase fitness without taking away from family time too much. Coming off IM training last year I needed to decrease volume (time) a lot for my family.

I stumbled upon the Slowtwitch 100/100 thread a couple weeks ago and I thought to myself, well I am already running a shit ton and this challenge very closely aligns with my current goals... so why not enter it and throw down hard.

One of my favorite ST advice of all time - I was asking for advice regarding racing Savageman 12 days before my first full. One dude’s advice: “throw down hard, do epic shit. If it costs you 30 minutes and Maryland, so what?”. I loved it.

Anyway, I'm not hiding it - I am doing the absolute bare minimum so far. All but two of my runs have been on a $300 craig's list treadmill in my garage. It is very low impact for me given that I am used to running on pavement. I have only been logging 30-minute runs and doing nothing extra.

Leading up to the start of the challenge I knew I wanted to throw down hard and do 10 runs on day one. I also knew I wanted to follow it up with 4 or 5 runs on day two. I was surprised how well my body reacted to 37 miles on day one so on day two I did the maximum possible and cranked out 9 more runs. My family had plans in the morning of day two with travel so that is why I couldn't get in the full 10 and it is also why I did two of the runs outside in freezing rain. There are three things that I want to stick to.

1. I value my sleep and I know how important it is for recovery - so I’ll never have a run end after 9 pm.
2. I am being extremely productive during 1-hour breaks.
3. when my wife says don’t run, I don’t run.

I have a full-time job, young kids, and my wife works evenings three days a week so any thoughts of 100 in 10 are completely not there.

I'm having a good time, working on my form, getting good sleep, focusing on short recoveries and monitoring my body. My current pace won't last all 100 days. My goals shifted quite a bit yesterday morning when I learned I was moved from the Hyner 50k wait list to the registered list. I wasn’t expecting to be able to race Hyner until April 2020 but now yesterday morning I learned I’ll be racing it in 123 days. Before that I knew I would do 200/100. I was locked in for that. 300/100 was a possibility if I stuck to the bare minimum. But priorities will change soon, and I’ll be doing longer runs, huge elevation, more travel to trails etc to prepare for Hyner. I only race a couple times each year and when I lock into a race I train correctly to the best of my ability. Ten 30-minute treadmill runs spaced 1 hour 1 minute apart is obviously not great physical training. But like Dev had mentioned somewhere in this thread, the hardest part is getting back up and starting the next run after a break. And the next one. And the next one. And the next one. And the next one. I would argue that is good mental training.

At the end of the day I’m in the mood to run, so I run. My total number can’t be compared to others correctly because I am doing the absolute bare minimum. Others are doing more efficient training and usually swimming and biking as well. I remember mile 9 of my IM run a couple months ago - hearing the leaders finishing hours ahead of me. I still had a personal victory that day because I was racing myself and my own time goals – pretty much in line with another post Dev made in this thread about being the best you and controlling you. Anyone who is chasing their own results in this 100/100 keep it up and post your runs / recaps and let us know how you are doing.

OK OK OK....to the part in bold up there about 100/10 being out.....we're only 4 days into this challenge....that leaves 6 days to catch up to out Kenyan the Kenyans to 100/10.....all kidding aside most elite marathoners will likey end up at 185/100. if you end up doing 365/100 you'll double most Kenyan marathoners and do a year of daily runs into roughly a quarter.....Not that we're laying any pressure on you or anything, but hey, someone has to do a double Kenyan/100....you're the best we got.

On my end, I was having a discussion with slowman today and said it was funny that I am a recipient of this challenge now, using it as a rehab motivation tool, rather than trying to use it for me to motivate others to get out and run.

I did 34 minutes on the treadmill today with a bunch of stretching breaks such that I actually ran for 30 minutes. Eventually my target will be to run continuously for 30 min outside without having to stop to stretch to avoid disc compression related nerve spasms. Thanks to slowman, I did several 15 minute jogs/shuffles in the 2 week lead up to "spring train" for this challenge. As I mentioned elswhere I am on year three of a injury induced swim focus on track for my third 1200km year in 3 years. First year was mainly all free, second year was learning all 4 strokes and doing a decent amount of fly. This year, around half has been the other 3 strokes and training like 'real swimmer'. Its a different world away from when I was a track guy, but running is my native sport. Swimming is taking its place, but I enjoy watching all of you really feel the freedom of what running allows in life.

Keep pushing all of you.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Alabama Viking wrote:

I already have the answer for you.

The most effective training plan if you can handle it and build up to it is 1 hour in the morning, 1 hour in the afternoon 6 days a week and 2 hours on Sunday for 339-40 at 20 kph average speed. This is roughly the top level macro Kenyan marathoner plan. It's basically the 185 runs out of 100 days for 3600km plan.

Most of us don't have the genetics to aspire to 2x per day all week like the Kenyans, but 2x per day is pretty standard for elite runners. The goal of the challenge is to get people to at least 1x per day. This does not preclude long runs, hills, track or days off. A conventional plan is not 3 runs per week. I am not sure how that even got into the triathlon vocabulary, just like 3x swims per week is a pretty bad swim plan.

I came from a track background doing 2x per day for Mon to Fri (most weeks) and a longer run on the weekend and a day off. Pretty well every swimmer on here did 2x per day their entire swimmer life. It's pretty proven that 2x is a pretty good approach where volume can be accrued, while getting intensity in, without totally trashing the body (if you were to do the same volume on 1x you'd deplete easily).

Whether it is 1x per day or 2x per day, it's going to be better than 3x per week. We don't need to get data to prove this. Coaches already figured this out in the 1960's in both running and swimming.

Now if people can intelligently use the challenge for a run focus (or in my case, I've been applying the approach for a multi year swim focus), then athletes MAY lift their game in running. Most who apply the challenge intelligently and listen to their bodies, they come out ahead off frequent running.

That is not the answer, because we don't have any pro runners on here (just assuming). I'm interested to see where the median lies for the average person interested in endurance sports. Like you, who is trying to get smoother running after injury. Like me, who is a full-time single dad of a 10 year old, less than 4 years off a pack-a-day smoking (and who is taking a day off today because he;s really tired).

I'm predicting that the most gain will be recorded by someone with a 95/100. That's 6.65 /week. The median for max gain will likely be lower, probably 84/100. Over 95 will decline improvement because either fatigue, injury, or high run level before challenge. Below 84 you will see decline because of undertraining,existing injury, or diminished ability.

To recap, I'm interested in what real people do.

NO
Quote Reply
Re: Official 12th Annual 2018/19 Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Alabama Viking wrote:

-Eric

You are me (as we are both Bikings or Vikings). I had a 43:02 10K October 3rd. That was a month into my run block. January 26th another one, I hope to go under 42. And In February I have my first ever 50K. Which I ideally want to do without getting hurt.
I hope indeed a number of people post their result. I am very aware that information is disputable, but there is a certain power in empirical data.

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really do enjoy your approach. I'm not sure if it's the best training-wise, but it sure is the best attitude-wise!

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How come I don't see this special icon? Bkuestack and mcclandon both show NO icon.
Quote Reply

Prev Next