Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The beam is stiffer than a Rocket, though there is still some give, and it makes a huge difference in comfort.

From a comfort perspective, nothing will ever compete with a classic softride beam, but this is a really fast bike that does have some give.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [nebeachbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I should rephrase my comment (should really be working) but there is a white paper on this frame and an updated white paper which Falco can supply you.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, yes and no. Super cars have to be aero but they also need downforce for better handling. The MB G-class for example, simply isn't aero at all and pretty slow despite it's rather powerful engine (G63AMG -- 5.5 V8, 544hp, Top speed 210km/h (130mph)). In fact the Nissan GTR went through a tremendous amount of R&D on its exterior aerodynamic design alone. The process is making the car FAST, and then adding bells and wistles to add down force. In other words, any sacrifice in aero must be fully utilized to generate down force (and not just wasted because you have horsepower to spare).

That being said, aerodynamics is a complex science that no one can generalize it by saying pure smooth roundish surface is the most aero. Some widely accepted counter-examples include:

- Kamm tail
- Golf ball pits on the most successful aero wheel of our generation -- Zipp
- BMC's tripwire design
- Kline¨CFogleman airfoil

In fact there are various tripping mechanisms around aerodynamic designs. These are just a few that jumps to mind.

On this bike, as you can see the edges are more noticeable on the drive side, on top of an asymmetrical down tube (further to the right), this is in light of the front derailleur, the moving crank, and legs. A slightly earlier separation doesn't really hurt you given the various pieces on the drive side. On the NDS, on the other hand, the edges are hardly even noticeable if not for the graphics.

Again, the cross-section chart in the white paper is pretty helpful in explaining this particular point. Nick at Tririg was digging pretty deep on this point and I believe the chart made him happy.

http://www.falcobike.com
https://www.facebook.com/falcobikeglobal
http://www.twitter.com/Falco_Bike
falcobike@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [threefire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to buy one but after a whole week without any response on my mail, I wonder if they still sell these...
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Bavarian_Frank [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Bavarian_Frank: Aug 3, 14 23:36
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
There is wind tunnel data!

Where?
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Garet Jax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To those who send me PMs: I geht the message "You're not allowed to send private messages." when trying to answer. Sorry about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [drullse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drullse wrote:
I'd like to buy one but after a whole week without any response on my mail, I wonder if they still sell these...

kinda pissed too. emailed them got one response a day later. emailed back and that was that.
this about killed my interest.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been getting replies very promptly (a few hours to a day depending on when I posted it). FYI the email address on the To Purchase page on their website is no longer functional / has been compromised. The one on their contact us page is valid and has been working for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just built this beauty. Shimano Ultegra Di2 11 speed, Zipp 808 FC (Super 9 for rear when racing), Adamo TT, Bontrager RXL, TRP Brakes. I tried to use the Tririg Omega but it did not fit. Omega requires 51.5mm between posts. My falco was at 48mm. Quarq Elsa with 52/38 Praxis rings. Check out the custom wiring. Can anyone guess how it's done?

Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's beauty!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it s beautifull but i wish a company would do it seriously. This look like a batman bike. those shape make no sense other than aesthetic. i would like a proper aero beam bike. I wish softride was still in the game or Zipp for that matter!

Diamond make a interesting attempt but i might have to wait until they come down with a cheap trickle down version of there 5.8k frameset.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a stunning build. Love it.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by USPro Tri [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: USPro Tri: Aug 23, 14 16:37
Quote | Reply
Xing triathlete wrote:
Check out the custom wiring. Can anyone guess how it's done?

JC41 x 2 in each extension or in the Basebar near the Levers.

Right JC41 takes Right Shifter, Right Brake, Splitter to Left JC41, with room for 1 more connection (I route mine to Junction A behind the computer.
Left JC41 takes Left Shifter, Left Brake, Splitter, & Connection to Downtube.
You probably had to drill the extensions to wire into the basebar.

Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Katmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just did my first IM distance on the Falco V. I was quite anxious to see if I was able to stay completely aero on the long distance since I haven´t had the bars raised.

Well, Falco took me all the way ... to Hawaii :)

Fastest bike split (female non pro)
Fastest climb challenge split (female non pro)
Fastest age group all over (female non pro)

I was indeed happy with my bike!

For anyone interested; read my race report on: https://www.facebook.com/...athleteinasia?ref=hl
Last edited by: Katmouse: Oct 14, 14 8:30
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [andyjack12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Hi Andy
Seen you flying on this bike in a few events and it looks fantastic.Only middle of the bunch myself'but just got to have one'sure you know the feeling Andy Just worried about the high stack height on a medium as i ride with a740 mm seat height even being 6ft[short legs] so not sure if i can get low enough.Know they do an adjustable stem but a bit wary of those.Any advice greatly appreciated mate
Steve Cook [lindsey roads]
Last edited by: oddey1: Oct 18, 14 1:49
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What basebar is that? Is it the Hongfu/PDQ/ADR?

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [JulesRapanga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JulesRapanga wrote:
I've been getting replies very promptly (a few hours to a day depending on when I posted it). FYI the email address on the To Purchase page on their website is no longer functional / has been compromised. The one on their contact us page is valid and has been working for me.
That might explain why I never got a reply to my email to them, but it's not very encouraging that they haven't managed to amend their website in all this time to change the email address on the purchase page to one that will actually reach them.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
What basebar is that? Is it the Hongfu/PDQ/ADR?

Yeah that Basebar came stock on the FM069.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by USPro Tri [ In reply to ]
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [USPro Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ryan

Thanks for your reply thats really helped i,ll go for the long adjustable stem.Now the difficult bit,
running it past the boss at home

Best wishes
steve
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [oddey1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a medium size with the short adjustable stem (75mm) and the 3T Aura Pro at the moment. With that setting I do not get as low as I was used to on my old bike. I think with the adjustable stem in the lowest position I reach something like 13cm difference between saddle top and pads.
I will switch to the carbon stem soon. Seems to be more solid and of course does not weigh that much. Additionally I will switch from the 3T Aura Pro to a Felt Devox Aerobar. That should allow me to get about 3cm lower. This way I will reach the 16cm saddle / bars difference I am used to. I never had any problems with riding such a position and it feels very comfortable to me since thousands of km and after several years now. I am wondering a bit, why so many people adjust their stem on the V so high or why they put so many spacers under the bars.

Edit: I am 174cm big and my legs are 84cm.
Last edited by: glaurung: Oct 24, 14 1:57
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does everyone like that bar setup? I'm considering it for a new build on an NP2.

It seems to have a good combination of adjustability, aero (eyeball, doesn't seem to be any data out there, but if Falco is stocking it, it must be at least ok), looks and price. I got a quote for $235 including shipping. Compared to similar bars that go for $700-1000, this is a steal.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
How does everyone like that bar setup? I'm considering it for a new build on an NP2.

It seems to have a good combination of adjustability, aero (eyeball, doesn't seem to be any data out there, but if Falco is stocking it, it must be at least ok), looks and price. I got a quote for $235 including shipping. Compared to similar bars that go for $700-1000, this is a steal.

It works ok for me. Mind you, I'm riding an FM069 & not the Falco V. However, the Basebar is the same & I got the Adjustable Stem aftermarket, because I had issues with the original Flat Stem & the Top Cap bolt.

The X-Z adjustability depends on the Cups that you use. The stock Cups are ok. I think they have 3 width settings & 1 fore-aft setting, both in 10mm increments. They are almost identical to the original Felt Devox Cups. Zipp Cups work well because they are compatible & you can also adjust the width, even more so if you have the Pad Width Extenders. Also, there is probably a 20mm fore-aft range created by just reversing the Zipp Cups, which are approximately 120mm long to begin with.
The Y adjustability can be achieved with risers. From clamp center to the top of the pad is about 65mm in the lowest setting. There is no option to mount the Extensions beneath the Basebar.
There is no option to adjust the tilt of the Extensions, but you can roll them in, as with most other alternatives.

I'm not too thrilled about the cables exiting below the Basebar instead of the rear, but it's not a major issue. The Basebar is made to work with their Stems (similar to how the Pro Missile Basebar matches the curvature of the Missile & Scott Stems). Using the Adjustable Stem, at extreme angles, to get the Basebar level it won't exactly sit flush with the Stem body.

I can't comment on whether or not it's very aerodynamic. Both the Basebar & Risers make use of Airfoil shapes - reminds me of Vision. It also works well with Di2.

That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited by: Jamaican: Oct 24, 14 8:14
Quote Reply

Prev Next