Re: Falco V - First consumer build [thePharaoh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's absolutely gorgeous. Nice work.

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Rick in the D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those who are interested I have had my falco now for three months and I am wrapped with it! Raced 70.3 honu on it (first falco to race in Hawaii I believe) and it was awesome through the crosswinds!
I ride a large with the seat post at its upper limit and the frame is still crazy stiff, I came from riding a shiv, if I had to choose which one is better in winds, more comfortable and faster I would no doubt say the Falco is the better of the two! I have no doubt you will see more of these bikes at races over the next year, it sure did attract some attention in T1!
If anyone has any questions regarding the build etc let me know as I built mine myself with di2 so I should be able to help out
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Clintred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike!

Does it fit in a bike box if you are travelling?
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [beekay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a sci con box and it fit in then a lot easier than my shiv! Was very easy to travel with actually
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Besides looking bad ass, especially in flat black, what are the benefits of a beam bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [user123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
user123 wrote:
Besides looking bad ass, especially in flat black, what are the benefits of a beam bike?
In theory they are more aerodynamic (though no one has really posted data showing they are better than the top superbikes like P5, etc.), and the beam design should make the ride a little more shock absorbing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thePharaoh wrote:

Whoa, what is that basebar / brake lever setup? That is seriously BfA. 8.O <3
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [trirms] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi!

The Falco V has also found it´s way to Southern China! Yesterday my bike arrived and Sunday I´m taking it to Hong Kong for it´s first race. I used to ride a TREK Speed Concept - the Falco is very different (!) anything I should be aware of?
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Dead Keen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great. I'm uk too and want to internalise my brake cable low you have, is the drilling bit easy? Scares me to death to think of doing it!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Katmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Katmouse wrote:
Hi!

The Falco V has also found it´s way to Southern China! Yesterday my bike arrived and Sunday I´m taking it to Hong Kong for it´s first race. I used to ride a TREK Speed Concept - the Falco is very different (!) anything I should be aware of?

Good luck. Only issue I had when I first took abroad was that I had to take the front brake cable out so that I could get the bars to fit in the bike box. Not a problem if you are happy putting it back and re-doing the brake.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [andyjack12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my first build, and in trave mode. I race uk time trials, this bike is fast! I'm still keeping my giant Trinity for UCI events but in normal uk TT's this is prefect.

First ride report!

I was honestly sceptical about the claims of the non UCI legal Falco V, about how quick it could be.. If all the claims are right I should get close to Alex Dowsett's 10m competition record! My pb is 18.37, 11th fastest in the UK and 1.17 behind Dowsett, a long way!

Saying all that I was mightily impressed.  My first reservation on set up was that I would not be able to get the excellent position I had on my Giant Trinity.  But the full adjust ability on the Falco means I have nailed it bang on.

First ride the position felt perfect and I was able to get the watts down easily and smoothly, the 3T aura bars allow even narrower settings so I think my front end was more aero dynamic and I have a spirit level flat back!

Immediately on riding the way the bike cuts through the air was noticeable, even into a strong head wind I was cruising at 25mph warming up for no huge effort!
The frame feels very stiff with no flex from the 'beam' at all. It honestly did not feel I was riding something that looks so different! Power transfer was instantaneous, and whilst not the lightest, at just under 8kg, it sprinted up any small inclines no problem. (* strava KOM on a steep climb near Harrogate is a good indicator!)

In the race it accelerated up to 30mph + in no time and easily held it there.  It did suffer to a degree from gusty cross winds due to the amount of frame that is exposed, but the deep Hed front wheel I am running will have added to that, but for me at 78kgs it was easy to control.

In the race not only did I win, by over 1min 30 in a 15m hilly TT. I completed in 31.16 a course record on the V2112 in Yorkshire and only 1min 20 off the national record that was set on a much more favourable day and course.  Always telling is the strava KOM's - I took 1 INTO the wind on a race course (unheard of!) and 6 with the wind, including KOm on a corresponding 10m course runn on that circuit - Not bad in a race 50% longer!

Highly reccomended!

I hope the pic links have worked!? If not can someone tell me why!

Ps, anyone any advice on lowering my front end in this position it would help add I reckon there are a few more watts to be saved.

https://www.dropbox.com/...eqm9e54jz/Falco1.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/...G-20140607-00076.jpg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where you guys order the Falco V frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [TriHost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Griffiths is the UK importer, contact him on stevegriffiths28@gmail.com or 07534262855
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Katmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to show by baby off too - very ecxited to see if the Falco can place me in the top 3 in Hong Kong this Sunday in the Olympic Distance. And thanks "Dead Keen" for your reply. I hope I will be able to fit the bike into the suite case - I´m sure I won´t be able to fix the brakes myself!!
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [TriHost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i can help you in the US my name is terry rouillard64@msn.com ,

we dropped one off last week, and another one next week
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andyjack12 wrote:
Looks great. I'm uk too and want to internalise my brake cable low you have, is the drilling bit easy? Scares me to death to think of doing it!
In Reply To:

Yes, it was very easy. I used a narrow bit first of all to make a small hole and then a bigger one, and a bigger one again to enlarge it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheers , I sorted earlier, deaf easy and worth the effort!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [trirms] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the USE1 R1 aerobar.

http://www.use1.com/...triathlon/r1-aerobar

though it would be awkward but feel just fine. Still not reached on it though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

A few photos of my falco in Hawaii 3 weeks ago, extremely happy with the bike!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice !

Mate did you use the rear brake cover? my LBS did not install it they didn't know what it was.

can you post a photos if you have?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I did use the cover, I'll post a photo tomorrow when I pick the bike up from lbs, pretty simple to install the fairing over the rear brake, just one bolt if I remember correctly, this also covers where te cables come out, simple but clever design.... Photos tomorrow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clintred wrote:
Yeah I did use the cover, I'll post a photo tomorrow when I pick the bike up from lbs, pretty simple to install the fairing over the rear brake, just one bolt if I remember correctly, this also covers where te cables come out, simple but clever design.... Photos tomorrow

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clintred, what's your seat height? Looks like you can't get any steeper. Correct? I just ordered mine and was between a large and medium and went with the medium. I ride a large drop like you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next