Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a freaking good movie. Tragic loss to comedy that one. #chrisfaley #zailiNsky auto parts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Niiiice
Pair with a Sesto Elemento for maximum awesome.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Last edited by: Staer: Feb 14, 15 13:28
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Screw Falco. I need an exotic sports car sponsor.

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
Screw Falco. I need an exotic sports car sponsor.
You'll post the discount code on here for people to bitch about yes?

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chri55 wrote:
Did you have any input on the paint scheme on the bike.

It looks way better than the Tron paint scheme. I really like it.

That would be me. Black and grey will be matte with a gloss black ghosted "Falco" on the downtube. Red will be gloss as well as the white inside the forks and the chainstay/rear wheel well. I expect a lot of people to be walking around sporting boners in transition when this bike is there,

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still waiting for the race wheels, but here are a few pics. Detailed post will be up in the coming weeks.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like your paint job on this one, the Air Force look is cool...

I see the SRAM crank, I am going with a full SRAM Red 22 set on mine (should have the frame in a few weeks) and I would love to hear how well your component install went.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [eswanson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got lucky and am able to test the Ceramic Speed Prototype BB86 to BB30 bottom bracket. It is called the BB4130 and is the only one out there that I know of. I searched to find something and couldn't so emailed Ben and he was able to let me try it. Not sure what your options are if you go with a BB30 Red22 crank, from my research there is nothing on the market.

The brakes were a bit of a pain to install, but the stopping power is really impressive. I was previously on Omegas on my P3 and thought they were good, but man the TRP's (I am pretty sure that is what they are called) are really good! Running Di2 was really easy and I previously had a seatpost battery on the P3. Just put that down in the battery area on the FALCO, wrapped it in foam and then shoved it in there. Other than that no other issues as of yet, some minor install errors on my part but all seems to be good now.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you find one of the brakes more difficult to work with than the other?

I'd be interested to see your feedback on that BB4130. Interesting concept, for sure!

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wheels Mfg. makes a BB86 to BB30 set of bearings.

http://wheelsmfg.com/...bottom-brackets.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SRAM makes a bb86 to GXP that Binny agrees should work so I can stay out of the bb30 world...
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny enough I actually had problems with the front brake. The spring mechanism gave me the problems. Could me more of my amateur mechanic skills than anything though. I had worked on the brakes on my wifes bike and hated them, but never rode her bike. Once I got them dialed in on the Falco and felt how great they were I didn't mind the maintenance hassle with them.

No problems yet with the BB, works like a charm!

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all, been lurking for here for long enough, but just now my first time to post....so my Falco....

Needs a bit of work I know to finish, as has been built with the control box in a silly place by the bikeshop for an aerobike, but I am waiting to get the full thing fitted and work out where the full stem will sit in position. BUT!!! I have a serious problem!!
Can anybody help me with getting in touch with Falco?
This bike has been shipped to me in the UK via the old importer, but has been shipped minus the seatpost wedge!
The guys that sorted the bike for me cannot get any response, and I have no address for them as the emails on the site do not work and so have sent a message through Facebook but have had no reply.
So I currently have my very expensive dream bike that I cannot sit on!
Anybody help please? :-(
Or anyone got a wedge.....

Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [P.Uffing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM "threefire" on here. Binny is his name and he should be able to help you out.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [P.Uffing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, P Uffing -- just sent PM, we will sort this out for you.

BTW, one of the wildest setups I have seen on the Falco. Nice work!

http://www.falcobike.com
https://www.facebook.com/falcobikeglobal
http://www.twitter.com/Falco_Bike
falcobike@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Updated photo, more details of the build coming soon:

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is there any windtunnel data on this bike yet?

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Sizing [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Binny, thanks for the emails and help so far.

I'm struggling with which frame size to choose so its a shout for help from you and the other Falco 'Twitchers.
I realise both the M and the L could be made to fit but is it better to be on the outer limit of a medium or the lower limit of the large?
Current seat height on my 2009 Felt B2 size 54 (Stack 513mm Reach 414mm 95mm stem raised 5 deg) is 805mm (BB center to top of Adamo PM1.1 saddle) with a 130mm drop to the arm pads. I am 178cm with inside leg of 84cm.

The large frame with its minimum seat height of 770mm looks like the safer option but I'm unsure if it will give me a low enough front end vs being potentially cramped on the medium by not being able to extend the front enough.......
Arrggghhhhh!!!!

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Re: Sizing [DavidUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 183 and I have the medium for over a year now there is plenty of room for adjustment both ways . if you want to go low I think medium probably best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not falco specific BUT are you sure about your seat height?
I'm also 1,78 on the same frame but with 86 inseam and have my seat from center bb to top at 75,5. Guess your seats too high.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Sizing [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoki wrote:
Not falco specific BUT are you sure about your seat height?
I'm also 1,78 on the same frame but with 86 inseam and have my seat from center bb to top at 75,5. Guess your seats too high.

Thank you for the replies Gents.
Shoki, after reading and re reading all the bike fit articles and posts on here I'm not sure I'm even facing the right way on the bike anymore :(
I do like the techy stuff though so will have another look at my seat height.
(Too high?....who'd ve thought that!)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Inseam x 0,889 brings you near the ballpark. Inseam minus 10,5cm is kinda same result.
With your data you must been straight leged and toespointed down or you have special high cleats.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Sizing [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schoolboy error....seat height is "correct", it was how I measured it (following the line of the seat post) that was "wrong".
TBH it never Felt like I was over extending.
Definitely a medium size now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my! they are nice looking pieces of kit

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anth wrote:
Oh my! they are nice looking pieces of kit

Here is an updated post with complete details on the build. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...th%20bomber;#5527842

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply

Prev Next