Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll get a bb to saddle rail measurement this afternoon, my frame is a large and my seatpost is rather high due to riding 165mm cranks and having looooong legs. I ride a very forward position but there is still room for me to go a little further forward but it would be well over 80 degree seat angle. There is a lot of adjustment in the saddle position due to the sliding rail the clamps are mounted on..... I would be surprised if you can't get you desired position ;-)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by FitYak [ In reply to ]
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all! Thought I would get in here and post some pics of my Falco V! I love this bike! It just wants to go, go, go!

[/img]
[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Ryan Albert Olson
http://www.fityak.com
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Clintred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of nice builds, good to see them spreading out around the globe👍
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is all fun and games but I want to see wind tunnel data.

Velosurance - bicycle insurance
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [FitYak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn that looks good. So much better without the Tron Blue. Good work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously the most fun bike I have ever owned! I am still learning its ways and it never ceases to amaze me. Lately I have been having a blast in the wind. The V has been performing very well with all types of wind from different directions. It feels like I am gliding is the only way I can explain it.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Ironwimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll volunteer if you have the tunnel! I have been loving this bike in the wind. The aerodynamics are pretty amazing. If I am getting blasted I just tuck my head, lean into the wind, if its really bad maybe throw in the wheel roll to ride it a little bit and then sail forward. Its seriously fun as f^[<!

I am serious about the wind tunnel thing. Set it up and I am there!
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks [beston]! I have been working with Falco since October and asked them if they could do mine in matte black. I wanted it to look stealthy and stealth is what was delivered. They have been awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that an adjustable degree stem? Bike looks badass. How is the stiffness of the frame? Such a weird geometry has got me thinking...
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah they are adjustable stems, anyone who says they notice the frame flexing needs to lay off the hamburgers......... it's very stiff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a great Idea! Wish Scott would throw that on the plasma haha
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Katmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi - ended up with the fastest bike split (female) and won the race. Yep - I´m VERY pleased with my FALCO. And it fit into the suite case too. Happy days!

Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its pretty stiff and responsive [masa757]! I am 6 foot (182cm) and 170lbs (77Kg). I ride a medium because I have a shorter inseam and I like a smaller frame for climbing. Since I started riding the FalcoV, my climbing speed has improved. (I am not a hill guy.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations Katrine! You are so awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Nice bike and congratulations on your victory!

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys! All these builds look really awesome! I'm hoping to get my frameset next week :)

Since I'm on a tight schedule to build it and test it before Challenge Roth (July 20th) I am hoping you guys could give me some pointers about the build itself.

Is there any heads up you could give me about special parts I might need, that I could already order now and save some time? I plan on using a mechanical setup (SRAM Red) and the TRP brakes.

If it's a straight forward build, even better :)

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Bluesmobile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[Bluesmobile]

I have the Mechanical SRAM build. It works really well on the V. Are you on facebook or google+? I can share some pictures with you or video of cable routing to help you out? http://www.facebook.com/ryanalbertolson or https://www.google.com/+RyanOlsonTeamFityak
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, after much anticipation the Falco V finally made it to Germany :)

The frameset arrived last wednesday and a friend of mine and I built it on Saturday in about 6 hours. the build went pretty well. One of the problems was that apparently I can't read. How else could I explain that I didn't notice that this frame has a BB86 and I can't continue using my BB30 crank ;-)? So please excuse the compact crank in the pictures, I salvaged it from my road bike until I find a better one.

I went with the set that included the 3T Auro Pro handlebars and the TRP brakes. I'm running a SRAM Red group with an Ultegra crank (for now) and Planet X wheels. The saddle is a Specialized Phenom.

What the wind sees. Not much ;-)

We went with a Nokon outer hull instead of the aluminium one to get a tighter loop:

Since I'm running mechanical components I didn't use the compartment for the Di2 battery under the aero bottle. So I tried what else I could use it for. Now I have a spare tubular tire with me at all time :)

The first few rides on this thing were incredible. I'm much faster than on my old bike (Planet X Exocet) and it is much more comfortable. I also already trust it much more than my old one. That one was always twitchy and nervous. The V just feels very controllable even in very strong crosswinds.

Now this baby and I are off to Challenge Roth. It is my first iron distance triathlon and even though I've only been on this bike for a few hours I am really looking forward to the bike stage. I think that says it all ;-)

Is anybody else gonna be there with their V by any chance?

https://www.facebook.com/...n.mueller.triathlete

http://beatcancerfinishroth.blogspot.de/
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Built mine up the other day. This is the US PRO TRI team bike. So far it has been great. I have found it to be very easy to adjust and to dial in the right fit. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Also if you are interested in purchasing one email and I can get you some extras.

http://www.MikeCaiazzo.com
http://www.USProTri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Bluesmobile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm really in love with Falco V and probably gonna order mine next month to ride it in Ironman Brazil - Fortaleza on November 7. My only concern is related to the size which should I order. What is your size frame ? Looks like a large size...isn't it?
I'm a 179cm long course rider who likes agressive low positions, in your opinion what size should I order?
Thanks
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [Ironmendo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 5'10 and have medium. It fits pretty good, but am going to need a stem that is a bit longer so that I can get lower. I ride with a pretty aggressive position. The good thing with the bike is that it is very adjustable. I typically ride 51-52 size frames (Jamis. Planet-X and Orbea).

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. PM me and if you decide to buy and I can get you a few extras.

Thanks

http://www.MikeCaiazzo.com
http://www.USProTri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FitYak wrote:

That is a nice rocket sled. But 2 comments: the plain version above looks way way better than the ones with the "tron" inspired paint jobs. Falco should do other simple paint schemes too: maybe white, blue, red, silver, whatever. The other thing that seems perplexing: I wonder why the designers made the effort to make all those sharp edges in the carbon surfaces? Because, nearly always, smooth transitions between sides and edges are far more aero.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Falco V - First consumer build [mcaiazzo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looking at Falco V and Trek SC for bike build: Falco looks awesome but wondering for HIM or IM how much water and cal can you fit on this bike while still keeping it aero?
Anyone have any pics or ideas how to load this bike down with 70-80oz of fluid and 1500-1700 cal? This is really my only hold up not getting this frame.

Brendan
________

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Post deleted by USPro Tri [ In reply to ]

Prev Next