Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
McDonalds and other fast food burgers if I have a choice- the price has become nearly as high as going out to an actual restaurant

BP gasoline- we all remember

Zipp even if I had the money

Dunkin Donuts- worst coffee ever (I should be ashamed as a New Englander but it’s true)

McDonald’s is still cheaper than a regular restaurant and there’s no tipping and it’s quick going through the drive through. I rarely go there but if I do it’s typically after a long workout and I just need a quick meal with a giant coke.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
It's hard to support companies that become anti-second amendment when incidents happen. Although I haven't stopped shopping at Dicks, the fact that they don't carry guns chafes my hide.

Yuengling as a beer is American, you should get a truck load of Molson to drown these sins /s

Is it really anti-second amendment? One could argue it's more PR and Marketing. It's not like they're out there stopping others from selling guns or lobbying congress to ban all guns.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Gonefishin5555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gonefishin5555 wrote:
Mcdonalds
Bottled water
Bank of America
Cable TV

you should add Wells Fargo to your bank ban list
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
I try to avoid Dicks

You could have stopped there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
McDonalds and other fast food burgers if I have a choice- the price has become nearly as high as going out to an actual restaurant

Is this really a boycott?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [cold turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cold turtle wrote:
It seems like people boycott companies for the most ridiculous reason these days. Nike, NFL, Chick-fil-a, Giro, etc. boycotts all just seem silly to me. I buy the products that give me the most value for my money and the best customer experience. I couldn't care less the political beliefs of the owner, who is featured in commercials, or what other products that company does/doesn't offer.

It may seem silly, but even though I may disagree with Strobro I support his choice to not shop somewhere. I like that use of consumer power against larger interests.

The shopping public must remember their rights in a capitalistic world. Corporations yield unreal power in government, corporations have more power than government.

The reason I defend a choice is that is because it isn't always some blow hard CEO making a Tweet or FB post. There is sometimes hard cash flowing from the coffers of organizations to shady PACS and organizations. Cash that influences policy. Then the lies. A-la-Facebook lying to Congress and blowing money to divert policy and attention away from themselves.

There has to be a fuse.

Users could end Facebook and ruin them tomorrow if they wanted. Instead of being consumerist morons we could say 'nuff is 'nuff and all log off for a month.

I hear sooooo many complaints about stuff from people continuing to patronize places. I just don't get that.

If we want the power to the people we have to stop patronizing places that exert undue influence on our republic.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Fiji water. You could argue its just smart business and ok that someone are stupid enough to pay 2x the price for it to be named fiji, but it just really pisses me off. It is water.

My kids buy this. :(
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
Jloewe wrote:

Dunkin Donuts- worst coffee ever (I should be ashamed as a New Englander but it’s true)

McDonald’s is still cheaper than a regular restaurant and there’s no tipping and it’s quick going through the drive through. I rarely go there but if I do it’s typically after a long workout and I just need a quick meal with a giant coke.

It’s the concept. Last time I went to McDonalds it cost $18 for me and my daughter. She’s 10. For maybe $22 I could have gone to The Fix in Worcester Ma and had one of the best burgers in all of New England rather than one of the worst.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
mickison wrote:
Jloewe wrote:

It’s the concept. Last time I went to McDonalds it cost $18 for me and my daughter. She’s 10. For maybe $22 I could have gone to The Fix in Worcester Ma and had one of the best burgers in all of New England rather than one of the worst.

I boycott all burger chains since reading "Fast Food Nation" about 15 years ago. I'm not putting that crap in my body..
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are several local restaurants that I stopped going to because they started pushing political candidates with which I disagreed back in 2012.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Fiji water. You could argue its just smart business and ok that someone are stupid enough to pay 2x the price for it to be named fiji, but it just really pisses me off. It is water.

Fiji water is still cheaper than Ted or Voss water...and I think those are just distilled water from the sewer plant.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you weren't supposed to eat pork, God wouldn't have made pigs so tasty
---

If you're concerned about pork, perhaps you should try ham, bacon, or sausage.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
ripple wrote:
fulla wrote:
I would like to boycott pork knowing how sows are treated in general...would also like to boycott meat altogether but I like the taste too much :(

If you weren't supposed to eat pork, God wouldn't have made pigs so tasty.

People taste pretty similar to pigs.

SPAM specifically

Allegedly

http://mentalfloss.com/...astes-someone-i-know

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
Any movie with Ben Stiller in it.

Escape at Dannemora was pretty good, but he only directed it

Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Yeungling beer. Specifically.

Look it up.

Yeungling is garbage water, so that's not hard for me

However, at first it was hard to pass up $15.99 15-packs of All Day IPA

Strike One was selling out

Someone from another forum alerted me to Strike Two & Strike Three

https://detroit.eater.com/...acial-discrimination

https://www.metrotimes.com/...homophobia-after-all

... but 21st Amendment Brew Free or Die IPA is $16.99/15-pack = the extra dollar won't kill me

Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Women - for more than a night.

The Brits - because we wanted to be independent and they were A holes about it
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [cold turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me I don't do the political / spokesperson / agenda boycott. I'm buying a product, if it's a good product, I'll continue to buy it.

Except for McDonalds. Years ago they ran an ad campaign with the most annoying jingle ever, and I vowed to not step foot in their restaurants again for putting that vile tune in my head, usually for several minutes after the commercial aired. Plus, I noticed the patronage of said restaurants... I don't even want to share the same air with some of these people, yuck. Easy to drive by them and get something elsewhere for ~$1 more. The only thing I miss is the fries, those are the absolute best fast food fries anywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trek. Because Lance.

Yeah, I know, I'll get over it some day. Maybe.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
ripple wrote:
fulla wrote:
I would like to boycott pork knowing how sows are treated in general...would also like to boycott meat altogether but I like the taste too much :(

If you weren't supposed to eat pork, God wouldn't have made pigs so tasty.

People taste pretty similar to pigs.
I believe many firefighters don't eat pork because the smell reminds them of nasty professional experiences....
It's also a likely reason why pork is considered unclean or is prohibited as food by several religions. If you're trying to steer people away from cannibalism, best to avoid things that taste similar?

Just saying

I think the religious reasons have more to do with trichinosis. Not knowing about parasitic infections, its easy to assume that if you get sick eating a certain animal means that God doesn't want you to eat that...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
erbrown wrote:
Walmart

I've never had a positive experience. I've always received a sub-par product, slower than promised, in stores that tend to be disgusting.

So the Walmart Kellogs Frosted Flakes, Diet Coke and Little Friskies Cat food are sub-par?

That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

Little Friskies is shit. I tried it once and never again. It's on the Boycott list;)
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USAT - I try at least. For fee that keeps growing I feel I get nothing. I want course distance certification (and safety.. side roads no slow zones).

WTC - taking out grass roots races, killing Olympic distance racing.

Since people bring up McDonald's... I boycott anything that makes false healthy claims. They haven't done that recently, but I still won't go there
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
KingMidas wrote:
I boycott all exotic cars over $200k value, houses over 10k sq feet, expensive caviar, penthouses in hotels, private jets, and celery and okra.

what's wrong with celery? That's essential for a good Caesar.

Don’t like the smell. It’s ok when cooked like in chicken noodle soup. But fresh and raw, it’s very pungent to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

Brick and mortar (San Diego area): Moment Bicycle and Pulse Endurance stores.

What don't you like about them? PM if you don't want to post details. (I'm not affiliated with either, just curious as a sometime-customer of each)
'

I had a really bad experience with a bike fit @ Moment Bicycle. It wasn't a bad fit, just very bad customer service.

Pulse Endurance: Expensive AF. They do "bike fits" for people but they are not really good at it, and they sell you whatever bike they want to get rid of. I have a friend that is 5'9" and they sold her a 48cm bike. She looks huge on her bike, and her fit is horrendous.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
altayloraus wrote:
Cannondale.

Apocalyptic customer service. Refused a warranty claim on seat-tube-top-tube junction because my 'seat had been too high'. Apparently the max extension line in on the seatpost had to be below the seat tube slot or some such crap. I've always had max line at top of seat tube. Bike shop had a WTF moment - but it's deep in the owner's manual. Cause (according to a friend with PhD in Materials Science who's also a fabricator) was poor weld penetration.

Cannondale's suggestion was to give me a discount on a new bike. So, I spend more money on a bike by their lights that cannot be fitted to me. And will be breaking soon. And I'll have to buy ANOTHER new one.

I break frames - always. I've broken every bike I've ever owned, and every road bike was at the seat stay to rear dropout junction - chromo, alloy, carbon. Every time it's been warrantied. Other than Cannondale.

when do you realize that you are the problem if you break every frame ...
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
altayloraus wrote:
Cannondale.

Apocalyptic customer service. Refused a warranty claim on seat-tube-top-tube junction because my 'seat had been too high'. Apparently the max extension line in on the seatpost had to be below the seat tube slot or some such crap. I've always had max line at top of seat tube. Bike shop had a WTF moment - but it's deep in the owner's manual. Cause (according to a friend with PhD in Materials Science who's also a fabricator) was poor weld penetration.

Cannondale's suggestion was to give me a discount on a new bike. So, I spend more money on a bike by their lights that cannot be fitted to me. And will be breaking soon. And I'll have to buy ANOTHER new one.

I break frames - always. I've broken every bike I've ever owned, and every road bike was at the seat stay to rear dropout junction - chromo, alloy, carbon. Every time it's been warrantied. Other than Cannondale.

when do you realize that you are the problem if you break every frame ...
He has to be doing something wrong. Seat stay to rear dropout junction.. something with how the rear wheel is being tightened down with the QR? Frames don't just break all the time. At the risk of sounding insensitive is rider weight the problem?
Quote Reply

Prev Next