Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you boycott any products? [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boycott: Comcast, Apple, M-Dot/USAT.

Avoid except when absolutely necessary: Dick's, Macy's, Kohl's, Newark and JFK. All for being just below-average at absolutely everything and not trying/caring to fix it.

There should also be a list of companies you can't live without...keep the forum balanced and all. That's a much longer list than the boycott/avoid list. :)

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
pk wrote:
altayloraus wrote:
Cannondale.

Refused a warranty claim on seat-tube-top-tube junction because my 'seat had been too high'. ?

And if he spent any time reading this site, this should not be possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boycott? Based on AutomaticJack's definition, I boycott nothing. There are lots of items and companies I avoid, but will occasionally buy depending on my purchase criteria.

I will never buy a product from Toshiba. It could be best in class and the least expensive. I will go elsewhere or go without. Same for Konsberg Group, but I don't think I'm a potential customer anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:

It's not like they're out there stopping others from selling guns or lobbying congress to ban all guns.

well, not "all guns" but bans are bans

here's the letter from the CEO

Quote:

At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:

• Ban assault-style firearms
  • Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21
  • Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
  • Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
  • Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
  • Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks

and he put the stockholder's money where his mouth is; they paid lobbyists. I guess that's what "implore" means.

Dick's Sporting Goods hires lobbyists on gun control

Last edited by: dsmallwood: Jan 16, 19 10:28
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Trek. Because Lance.

Yeah, I know, I'll get over it some day. Maybe.

See, I take it a step further. I boycott anyone who sponsored him. Nike, Trek, Oakley, et al. They supported him when they had to have known he was doping and then dropped him when the Reasoned Decision came out. Either way they are not getting my money 💰.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair call re weight. But at my heaviest was 230 or so at 6'6", normally 210-215.

Used to be able to punch out 2000+ watts in a max sprint, and probably not the most gentle style of rider - think sit and grind as most former rowers do.

And it'd been a long day - should have read chainstay/rear dropout junction.

I'd love to be able to say that it was an error that I had made - I'd have had several more months of cycling in my life if there had been anything re skewers. I've done the break downtube at head tube junction, forks...

As noted, the common factor is one large Australian.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, that's great criteria... Then I'd be curious which sponsor brands you do patronise... Though not really

JMike wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Trek. Because Lance.

See, I take it a step further. I boycott anyone who sponsored him. Nike, Trek, Oakley, et al. They supported him when they had to have known he was doping and then dropped him when the Reasoned Decision came out. Either way they are not getting my money 💰.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JesseR wrote:
Spirit Air

Ditto. They are the worst. Other airline I won't fly is Allegiant
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When it all went down I really looked for a second hand US Postal trek... They were going cheap and I thought it could have ironic appeal and at the same time be like riding a bonnie and Clyde getaway car from planet Hollywood

But then all the other riders started coming out with confessions and busts, so then the scandal wasn't that special...

I still want a t-shirt hanging at my bike shop that says something like. "win the ultimate fun bike ride with Lance Armstrong"

NordicSkier wrote:
Trek. Because Lance.

Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
When it all went down I really looked for a second hand US Postal trek... They were going cheap and I thought it could have ironic appeal and at the same time be like riding a bonnie and Clyde getaway car from planet Hollywood

But then all the other riders started coming out with confessions and busts, so then the scandal wasn't that special...

I still want a t-shirt hanging at my bike shop that says something like. "win the ultimate fun bike ride with Lance Armstrong"

NordicSkier wrote:
Trek. Because Lance.

I've got one.....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Any company that pushes a political or SJW agenda, Gillette just got added.

Same.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [rossi46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rossi46 wrote:
dunno wrote:

Same.

Companies that push ANY political agenda? Or just political agendas that you disagree with?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't like Single Jewish Women's agendas?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pepsi products, except that I had a tough time avoiding Gatorade when I did marathons, IM, and long distance swims. More specifically, I avoid the core Pepsi products, namely the sodas.

The backstory is that I graduated from Emory University. I haven't had a Poopsi product since I applied for early decision admission in the Fall of 1989. Emory has a long-term relationship with The Coca-Cola Company. Emory and Coke are both in Atlanta. Early investments were made in the company by the University. Eventually, heirs of the company attended Emory, and the former Chairman donated $103M when that was a big sum. Several buildings are named for Coke people: Woodruff PE Center, Woodruff School of Nursing, Goizueta Business School, Candler Library, Dobbs University Center, etc. It's a point of pride among alumni to decidedly avoid non-Coke products. I once asked for advice on Facebook about disposing of an unopened diet Pepsi can that was lodged under my car tire. I obviously wasn't going to touch it with my bare hands! Not even kidding, I eventually picked it up with fireplace tongs and tossed it in the recycling bin after my Mrs opened it and poured it down the storm sewer.

When I did train for and race marathons, 70.3, and IM races, I SPECIFICALLY asked the aid stations that served Cola's to show me the bottles or cans so I'd be sure I wasn't drinking Poopsi. Yeah, I was that guy, and I'm sure I'd get the backing of almost every other alumna/us throughout history. I have been on record as saying that I could be in the late stages on a hot-weather IM (like the ones I did in Louisville), cramping, dehydrated, hyponatremic, and nearing death, and I'd risk death by refusing Pepsi. True story.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
140triguy wrote:
Pepsi products, except that I had a tough time avoiding Gatorade when I did marathons, IM, and long distance swims. More specifically, I avoid the core Pepsi products, namely the sodas.

The backstory is that I graduated from Emory University. I haven't had a Poopsi product since I applied for early decision admission in the Fall of 1989. Emory has a long-term relationship with The Coca-Cola Company. Emory and Coke are both in Atlanta. Early investments were made in the company by the University. Eventually, heirs of the company attended Emory, and the former Chairman donated $103M when that was a big sum. Several buildings are named for Coke people: Woodruff PE Center, Woodruff School of Nursing, Goizueta Business School, Candler Library, Dobbs University Center, etc. It's a point of pride among alumni to decidedly avoid non-Coke products. I once asked for advice on Facebook about disposing of an unopened diet Pepsi can that was lodged under my car tire. I obviously wasn't going to touch it with my bare hands! Not even kidding, I eventually picked it up with fireplace tongs and tossed it in the recycling bin after my Mrs opened it and poured it down the storm sewer.

When I did train for and race marathons, 70.3, and IM races, I SPECIFICALLY asked the aid stations that served Cola's to show me the bottles or cans so I'd be sure I wasn't drinking Poopsi. Yeah, I was that guy, and I'm sure I'd get the backing of almost every other alumna/us throughout history. I have been on record as saying that I could be in the late stages on a hot-weather IM (like the ones I did in Louisville), cramping, dehydrated, hyponatremic, and nearing death, and I'd risk death by refusing Pepsi. True story.

If this is serious it sounds like you have a serious mental issue and should probably seek help.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yuengling is amazing.

But if you think it's piss, where do you rate Budweiser or MGD? And IPAs are definitely the most overhyped beer styled and taste like actual piss.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me and MANY other alumni have this "mental issue." It's not a disorder. And I'd say it's probably much less fanatical than people who are the "Number 1 Fan!" of any college or pro sports team, with all that entails. Consider those who risk life and limb to watch pro football in outdoor stadiums in January snow storms. Emory competes in Division III athletics, and other than being ambivalent to WashU, Kenyon, or Williams sports teams, that's all we've got. Who cares about the Bears, the Lords and Ladies, or the Ephs, when we've got Pepsi to hate?

I don't even drink much soda any more. I just definitely wouldn't touch a Pepsi under all conceivable circumstances. Being stranded in the desert, I'd have to be ASSURED that I'd live after drinking a Pepsi, just so I could spend the rest of my life doing my penance.

I forgot to mention that I'd rather pass out and have to be taken to medical before I'd drink pickle juice. 140triwife is of the same opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Yuengling is amazing.

But if you think it's piss, where do you rate Budweiser or MGD? And IPAs are definitely the most overhyped beer style and taste like actual piss.

I didn't say that ...I said "garbage water." I haven't been left drifting in a life raft long enough to know what actual piss tastes like

And yes, IPAs ARE overhyped, but I think some of these barrel-aged stouts & what not might even be worse; especially for the $$$ they're asking

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Yuengling is amazing.

But if you think it's piss, where do you rate Budweiser or MGD? And IPAs are definitely the most overhyped beer styled and taste like actual piss.
Yuengling is MGD with brown food coloring. And green bottles? Skunk city.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
It's hard to support companies that become anti-second amendment when incidents happen. Although I haven't stopped shopping at Dicks, the fact that they don't carry guns chafes my hide.

Yuengling as a beer is American, you should get a truck load of Molson to drown these sins /s

Not sure where you live, but around here Dick's does carry guns, in fact I have never been in a Dick's that does not carry guns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rossi46 wrote:
dunno wrote:

Same.

I've never really cared to boycott anything but I will go out of my way to never buy Gillette products again after watching that illogical, sloppy and frankly dangerous shit film on youtube.

As an aside- people complain all the time about Trump but forget how he got elected: by appealing to white males who feel marginalized. Gillette's video couldn't be more direct in its effect to marginalize and further isolate that group. Keep pumping out this crap and treat yourself and treat yourselves to another 4 years you pretend-PC heroes!

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife works for coke, I totally understand. We don't eat at places with a Pepsi account.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All cigarette companies.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You seem triggered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After watching the DCR video review, I'm pretty sure I'll be boycotting CVRcade. Not due to any philosophical differences I have with the company or the developers. I just can't bring myself to consider CVRcade as a viable option.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...ainer-adventure.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next