Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you boycott any products? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:

Brick and mortar (San Diego area): Moment Bicycle and Pulse Endurance stores.

What don't you like about them? PM if you don't want to post details. (I'm not affiliated with either, just curious as a sometime-customer of each)
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wahoo (customer service sucks)
Chick-fil-A
Vista Brands
Anything Time Warner Cable
Citibank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a black list.

New Balance. Bought a pair of trail running shoes. The leather on the toe was coated with a black rubberized paint. The sole of the shoe wrapped up over the toe and was bonded not to the leather but this coating. It took very few runs for the coating to peel away from the leather. I ended up cutting the top part of the sole off with scissors. On the black list because there is no way that company did any product testing whatsoever. Fuck them.

Gore Wear. Received a pair of leg and arm warmers as a gift. The elastic at the top of both was like what you put on a pair of women's panties. No product testing was necessary. With casual inspection it was obvious they would have poor durability. Rubber strands began popping out on the second or third use. On the black list. Fuck them.

I have a bunch of others for the same reason: Poor engineering that would have been revealed if the company cared enough about their customers to do product testing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UFC. I was one of the suckers that went to Vegas with a family of six expecting to see a UFC event in Vegas. Then 2 days before I was supposed to go they moved it to Los Angeles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek as I’ve had poor experiences a multiple trek stores.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boycott - stop interaction with as a punishment or protest.

Nope. I avoid places and companies because I don't like their products or trust them, but there are few places I won't go if they are otherwise the best option at the time. Hell, if I'm hungry enough and they are nearby (and it isn't Sunday) I would even eat that chicken joint.

I don't see how an individual can boycott a company in practice. They will never know.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
Boycott - stop interaction with as a punishment or protest.

Nope. I avoid places and companies because I don't like their products or trust them, but there are few places I won't go if they are otherwise the best option at the time. Hell, if I'm hungry enough and they are nearby (and it isn't Sunday) I would even eat that chicken joint.

I don't see how an individual can boycott a company in practice. They will never know.

Same here. Life is too short to worry about which companies I’m supposed to be mad at. Plus, the people who work there are just trying to make a living, same as me.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a fan of Speedplay and Specialized's business ethics. I hate that Garmin software locks devices to have running, cycling and multisport lines ... (I'll get over it)

*owns 2 pairs of speedplay and 1 specialized bike*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spirit Air

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeungling beer. Specifically.

Look it up.

Avoid?
Also, if at all possible Walmart, Michaels, Starbucks, one specific local Italian restaurant, most fake food restaurant chains ala Chilis etc.

Giro, after I found out...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I absolutely "boycott" products or companies. For instance, GM has decided to close the plant in Ontario and send those jobs elsewhere. So I figure if they aren't going to invest the our population, I won't be purchasing their products. I also have other products I boycott for lack of service or other decisions they have made.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you hate Pennsylvania?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So many incidents of slow slow service. Not on my list for a suit.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Why do you hate Pennsylvania?

Nobody looked? All companies send money and support to campaigns. I can’t boycott them all as I’d starve.

But Yeungling went out of its way to be a vocal supporter of the Cheeto in Chief.

Giro? I’m not anti gun but that association was enough for me. Vista outdoors, NRA, Giro.

I agree with having guns but that was a bad time for them to insert their foot in their mouth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I try to avoid Dicks sporting goods and I won’t buy anything from Yeti.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure i have boycotted per se.

I am more of a person that tries to support a good lbs. It is not that i do not buy online... i do often as my tastes are exotic. But i try to get stuff from the lbs.

I kind of avoid cheap bike clothing brands. The good stuff really is worth it. Castelli and sportful are great.

I also like a lot of smaller boutique brands. They tend to produce or customize things to my unique needs (darimo, berk).

So i guess i kind of biycott bigger brands like specialized, giant, trek. It is a but silly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

As for those who are boycotting companies for social/political/religious reasons, I have a serious question for all of you....do all of your friends and family share precisely the same social, political, religious views as you? Mine certainly don’t; if I have no objection to having a friend who has a different view of such things I have a hard time boycotting an entire company for a similar reason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peloton

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
Peloton

I was having a hard time of thinking of something... but you nailed it.

that and a fancy ramen noodle house near me with sucky service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raley's Grocery Store Farmers Market Organic Vegetable Soup after I literally just took a bite which included a long strand of hair...as I was reading through this thread. No joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything to do with Hincapie. He doped and retired before he got any real penalties.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
boycott lionels youtube channel
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Any company that pushes a political or SJW agenda, Gillette just got added.

This.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Marlonius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to boycott pork knowing how sows are treated in general...would also like to boycott meat altogether but I like the taste too much :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friend boycotts any product that uses advertises "non-GMO" as a selling point. They even quit using carbopro when they added it (I got a free half container).
Quote Reply

Prev Next