Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you boycott any products? [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Trump😂

Before of After POTUS?

I boycotted Macy's for carrying Trump products several years before he became president.

I was buying a fair amount of stuff on their website. Then when Trump became very vocal about his racist birtherism, I wrote to them saying I was done until they stopped carrying his products.

Benv wrote:
Chick-fil-A

I tried that, and guess I do. But I broke it once - late night, just off airplane with child and needed food before going to sleep. That was first place we spotted.

There are a bunch of other places I wouldn't buy from for similar reasons. Hobby Lobby is an example. - but like Chick-fil-A that one is not much around where i live, so it's kind of moot.

Vineyard Vines is on my list for sending me a rather racist catalog.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Last edited by: jt10000: Jan 16, 19 19:24
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [cold turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cold turtle wrote:
I couldn't care less the political beliefs of the owner, who is featured in commercials,
That seems ridiculous.

Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This could also fit nicely under the "Cry Like A Beeyatch" thread...kind of the same thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
cold turtle wrote:
I couldn't care less the political beliefs of the owner, who is featured in commercials,

That seems ridiculous.

No ... ridiculous would be "I could care less ..."

Otherwise, it checks out, if the person is honest about it

People ARE allowed to not give a shit, y'know? Not everything has to be a life & death moral decision

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Signal8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Signal8 wrote:
After watching the DCR video review, I'm pretty sure I'll be boycotting CVRcade. Not due to any philosophical differences I have with the company or the developers. I just can't bring myself to consider CVRcade as a viable option.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...ainer-adventure.html

It's not a boycott if you just don't like the product. That's just normal market behavior.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 16, 19 19:32
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
140triguy wrote:
Me and MANY other alumni have this "mental issue." It's not a disorder. And I'd say it's probably much less fanatical than people who are the "Number 1 Fan!" of any college or pro sports team, with all that entails. Consider those who risk life and limb to watch pro football in outdoor stadiums in January snow storms. Emory competes in Division III athletics, and other than being ambivalent to WashU, Kenyon, or Williams sports teams, that's all we've got. Who cares about the Bears, the Lords and Ladies, or the Ephs, when we've got Pepsi to hate?

I don't even drink much soda any more. I just definitely wouldn't touch a Pepsi under all conceivable circumstances. Being stranded in the desert, I'd have to be ASSURED that I'd live after drinking a Pepsi, just so I could spend the rest of my life doing my penance.

I forgot to mention that I'd rather pass out and have to be taken to medical before I'd drink pickle juice. 140triwife is of the same opinion.
It's one thing to joke about this stuff but in reality to actually refuse to touch an object with your bare hands because of its branding is just illogical, immature and stupid. I'd be concerned about you if I knew you IRL...
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh dear. Come on in to the LR. We'll sort you all out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does your vagina feel better now?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Oh dear. Come on in to the LR. We'll sort you all out.

Well, he can't come in the main area. He needs to stay on the edges. In the white space. In that area on the edges that is known by it's own name. The margins if you will.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
mickison wrote:

It's not like they're out there stopping others from selling guns or lobbying congress to ban all guns.

well, not "all guns" but bans are bans

here's the letter from the CEO

Quote:

At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:

• Ban assault-style firearms
  • Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21
  • Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
  • Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
  • Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
  • Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks

and he put the stockholder's money where his mouth is; they paid lobbyists. I guess that's what "implore" means.

Dick's Sporting Goods hires lobbyists on gun control

But that isn't necessarily "anti-2nd Amendment". Most gun owners I know are for most, if not all, of those regulations...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [mmiloou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmiloou wrote:
Not a fan of Speedplay and Specialized's business ethics. I hate that Garmin software locks devices to have running, cycling and multisport lines ... (I'll get over it)

*owns 2 pairs of speedplay and 1 specialized bike*

What’s up with speedplay?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:

What’s up with speedplay?

I don't know all the details, but I believe they aggressively went after people trying to sell aftermarket bearings or spindles, or positing instructions on how to service them with off-the-shelf parts.

They must have toned that down, though, because after-market Speedplay spindles and bearings are all over eBay.

Speedplay have been great to me, personally. Several times I've lost bits, like the grease port caps, and they've just sent me new parts for free.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's ridiculous. I can pick up replacement bearings for my speedplays from a local shop for $25.
They are just Ezo bearing IIRC.
Had to buy lockring pliers though, damnit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
140triguy wrote:
Me and MANY other alumni have this "mental issue." It's not a disorder. And I'd say it's probably much less fanatical than people who are the "Number 1 Fan!" of any college or pro sports team, with all that entails. Consider those who risk life and limb to watch pro football in outdoor stadiums in January snow storms. Emory competes in Division III athletics, and other than being ambivalent to WashU, Kenyon, or Williams sports teams, that's all we've got. Who cares about the Bears, the Lords and Ladies, or the Ephs, when we've got Pepsi to hate?

I don't even drink much soda any more. I just definitely wouldn't touch a Pepsi under all conceivable circumstances. Being stranded in the desert, I'd have to be ASSURED that I'd live after drinking a Pepsi, just so I could spend the rest of my life doing my penance.

I forgot to mention that I'd rather pass out and have to be taken to medical before I'd drink pickle juice. 140triwife is of the same opinion.
If you're serious, and it sort of seems like you might be, difficult as that is to believe - you are deranged to such an extent that you're the sort of guy who is potentially dangerous given the wrong ideas. Anyone who would rather die than drink a specific brand of cola without even a half coherent reason, makes religious fanatics seem reasonable. And yes, it is essentially the same thing.

You take pride in adherence to a rule that makes zero logical sense, except that you've identified it as criteria for membership of a gang. Not only that but your description makes it clear you consider this institutional hate. Any other illogical, hate based, tribal gangs you've joined? You haven't even given any reason for hating this company. You just said guys from a competing company once gave some money to a university you went to. That constitutes a reason to define yourself by your hate for a drinks company? At best your hate has been bought, and you're proud of it, but there's a much more worrying element to this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't knew Coca Cola was now a religion in the US.
So for you guys Pepsi is the devil ?

Personally I`m in THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER (with meat balls)
https://www.venganza.org
http://www.pastafarian.co.uk

Are you authorized to have a Pepsi... sorry.... Coca bottle in the nose on you identity pictures on your US Passport ?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

As for those who are boycotting companies for social/political/religious reasons, I have a serious question for all of you....do all of your friends and family share precisely the same social, political, religious views as you? Mine certainly don’t; if I have no objection to having a friend who has a different view of such things I have a hard time boycotting an entire company for a similar reason

I will not participate in any religions activity of the family and I will for sure not enter the McDonalds with them if they choice to do so. I have friends with different world views, however I expect them to respect my boundaries and if they act like a racist/xenophobic person I will them them to shut it or to get lost, no matter whom that person might be.
Last edited by: pointless_chip: Jan 17, 19 2:04
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
I didn't knew Coca Cola was now a religion in the US.
So for you guys Pepsi is the devil ?

Personally I`m in THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER (with meat balls)
https://www.venganza.org
http://www.pastafarian.co.uk

Are you authorized to have a Pepsi... sorry.... Coca bottle in the nose on you identity pictures on your US Passport ?
R'amen to that!
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
What does this even mean?

Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
jt10000 wrote:
cold turtle wrote:

That seems ridiculous.

No ... ridiculous would be "I could care less ..."

Otherwise, it checks out, if the person is honest about it

People ARE allowed to not give a shit, y'know?

And I'm allowed to ridicule him for not ever caring about any political beliefs of owners. He called caring worthy of ridicule, so back at him. And you if you feel the same.

RandMart wrote:
Not everything has to be a life & death moral decision

Nice straw man bro, with the "everything" and "life and death." Well-played. I sure didn't say we should put politics on everything. But some things. Some.

Last edited by: jt10000: Jan 17, 19 3:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
ripple wrote:
What does this even mean?
I think it means ripple is a childish fool/troll and I can disregard his opinion safe in the knowledge that I've missed nothing of value.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A childish rant deserved a childish response. I'm not immune to making a troll-y response.. I'll own it.

As for not knowing what it means, I was implying he was being a whiny beyotch. Which is exactly what I'd expect a thread like this to devolve into. It didn't disappoint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek: for kicking out leMonde and His line of bikes after he publically voiced “concerns “ over doping I the pro Peleton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
vagina
ripple wrote:
beyotch
Noted.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Sun, wouldn't even read it if it was free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
ripple wrote:
vagina

ripple wrote:
beyotch

Noted.
Turns already-shaky "triathlon" thread into platform for self-righteous stump speech. Gets called whiner. Seemed appropriate to me. Like you'd even shop Hobby Lobby anyway.
Quote Reply

Prev Next