Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you boycott any products? [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
A childish rant deserved a childish response. I'm not immune to making a troll-y response.. I'll own it.

As for not knowing what it means, I was implying he was being a whiny beyotch. Which is exactly what I'd expect a thread like this to devolve into. It didn't disappoint.
So you think that asking if somebody's vagina feels better is a legitimate way to suggest they are being "whiny"?
I bet I'm being "whiny" by asking that. I wonder if there's something wrong with my genitalia?

Anyway, you've confirmed my estimation of your mentality (and also explains why you think his post deserves such a ridiculous response).
Quite pathetic
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
Like you'd even shop Hobby Lobby anyway.
I shop at Michael's (a Hobby Lobby competitor) quite regularly. I bought at the store near me at least four times in the last two months. So in terms of offerings, yes, I'd shop at Hobby Lobby. But I won't because of their anti-LGBTI lobbying.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo
Air Canada
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why Cervelo?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
rossi46 wrote:
dunno wrote:
Any company that pushes a political or SJW agenda, Gillette just got added.

Same.

Companies that push ANY political agenda? Or just political agendas that you disagree with?

I boycott any company that pushes a SIW agenda.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
geetee wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
rossi46 wrote:
dunno wrote:
Any company that pushes a political or SJW agenda, Gillette just got added.

Same.

Companies that push ANY political agenda? Or just political agendas that you disagree with?

I boycott any company that pushes a SIW agenda.

Do you have a problem with the SJ side, or the W side ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yuengling
Hobby Lobby
Chick-fil-A (though more of an avoid since I've never been there, even when they were in the lobby of my work building)

Now I'll have to drop Jimmy John's.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a problem with people who use 'social justice' as a pejorative, like several of the posters upthread. I just assume they're SIJs and support SIJ companies.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
trail wrote:
Oh dear. Come on in to the LR. We'll sort you all out.

Well, he can't come in the main area. He needs to stay on the edges. In the white space. In that area on the edges that is known by it's own name. The margins if you will.

To be clear, Im not feeling marginalized and although I think I will need to check with my therapist, I doubt that an add for razors has had a profound effect on my psyche. I do think its pretty obvious what the flavour of this ad is though and that it will taste very sour to certain demographics. I don't think that sort of messaging is solving problems but rather creating them but more pressingly: I don't want any social messaging with the Venus Proglide I use to shave my legs.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
RandMart wrote:
jt10000 wrote:
cold turtle wrote:
I couldn't care less the political beliefs of the owner, who is featured in commercials,

That seems ridiculous.

No ... ridiculous would be "I could care less ..."

Otherwise, it checks out, if the person is honest about it

People ARE allowed to not give a shit, y'know?

And I'm allowed to ridicule him for not ever caring about any political beliefs of owners. He called caring worthy of ridicule, so back at him. And you if you feel the same.

RandMart wrote:
Not everything has to be a life & death moral decision

Nice straw man bro, with the "everything" and "life and death." Well-played. I sure didn't say we should put politics on everything. But some things. Some.

It's very rare to find a business that is perfect. Assuming the products they produce are equal, I would rather give my money to the company that treats and compensates its employees well, but has a controversial owner or CEO, over one in which the owner or CEO donates to all the trendy sociopolitical movements but treats his employees like crap.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [cold turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cold turtle wrote:
I would rather give my money to the company that treats and compensates its employees well, but has a controversial owner or CEO, over one in which the owner or CEO donates to all the trendy sociopolitical movements but treats his employees like crap.
I'm not sure I agree in all cases, but that's very reasonable. I'd take it case by case myself. Volkwagen treats employees well, but really f*cked over a lot of people with the blue diesel scam, just as an example.

But in any case, you're accepting that we sometimes can or even should bring politics (broadly defined to also include treatment of employees) into our business decisions. I completely agree.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Last edited by: jt10000: Jan 17, 19 8:59
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I just accidentally stumble into the LR? Haven't been drinking that heavily this morning...

In search of the righteous life... we all fall down
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious why you would boycott a brand based off store level interactions? I'm basing this question with the idea that Trek does not own its stores like Gap/Apple etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [ckoch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread has made me realize I’m really good at avoiding commercials and social media. I’m blissfully ignorant of the vast majority of the “social positions” of the above-references companies.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
This thread has made me realize I’m really good at avoiding commercials and social media. I’m blissfully ignorant of the vast majority of the “social positions” of the above-references companies.

Ditto... and as much as some on this thread may be bothered by this... I don't care!

In search of the righteous life... we all fall down
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

same here...

Gillette I stopped buying awhile ago.. Would I ever buy gillette again ? not likely. I avoid nike because of Kaperprick. Chik-fil-a ..always closed on Sundays when I want a chicken sandwich.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [ckoch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trigger warning - this is LR territory here.

I was thinking about this, and I think the only "company" (and I'm using that term very loosely here) that I boycott is the Salvation Army donation boxes.

The thing is, I do actually think they do mostly good work. However, I cannot agree with their official positions on LGBTQ issues, so instead I'll put my donations into a different organization that does similar community work as the Salvation Army. for example, we make regular donations to the food bank, we make meals for the local "at-risk" shelter, etc...

There are companies that I don't give my business to because I don't like their product or service, but that's not the same as an actual boycott.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about this, and I think the only "company" (and I'm using that term very loosely here) that I boycott is the Salvation Army donation boxes
---

To continue the main forum LR topic, I 'boycott' the United Way. I don't appreciate their guerilla warfare/ peer pressure type tactics at fundraising. They come in, use work time to show their propaganda video, and try to set up a "Our goal is 100% participation" theme in the organization. Then they want us to fill out their direct deposit forms, even if your donation is $0. I can't stand their approach.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazon

i know one day i will not be alone. not today. one day : )
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

don't want to support near monopoly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pknight wrote:
Not trying to name and shame here, but are you currently boycotting any companies or product for the following reasons?

-Actions of their parent company (don't want to turn this into a political circle jerk).
-Poor customer service/warranty experience in the past
-Poor product reliability
-Poor product value. Maybe you refuse to buy another product of theirs that is more of a "loss leader"

About to end a boycott myself over a poor warranty experience. I figure the new product is a leader in its category and there has probably been full turnover within the company with whoever dealt with my case

In the end, ultimately it probably makes sense to buy what gives you the best value. Ie: I don't agree with what Vista Brands donates to, but from an environmental and economic standpoint, I think less Camelbaks have made their way to the landfill due to leaking than comparable hydration bladders.

Many, but related to the triathlon scene, New Balance and Ironman. New Balance provided abominable customer service for a pair of shoes that failed and Ironman pissed me off because they never responded to multiple inquiries about several race questions I had. Screw them both. I'd rather talk about positive customer service experiences though, which have included Marmot, Big Agnes, Canon Camera, Glock and Chewy. Kudos to them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is hilarious. Talk about first world problems. Please child.

• Love me some spicy chicken sandwich and Peppermint Shakes at the Chick-fil-a. BTW, bring back the cole slaw!
  • Big Macs are wonderful recovery food
  • Walmart is always open late - thank goodness
  • Gillette makes a great razor, which I will continue to buy
  • I love Giro, and Vista makes awesome targets. For shooting. Real guns. The horror.
  • Nike stuff is awesome. And so is New Balance you unamerican haters.
  • The Jimmy John's Turkey Tom sandwich is great
  • My wife loves Hobby Lobby but it is pure torture to go in there
  • Patagonia makes awesome stuff but it is way overpriced
  • Dan Empfield drives me batty although sometimes he can be a great human being
  • Lastly, I love whatever bottled water is offered for free in the conference room.

However, one thing that seems to be an eternal truth:

American Airlines sucks. They are an enemy of mankind and should never, ever, be patronized. I think I would rather have a Big Mac lunch with that moron trump than fly American Airlines. AA can kiss my Puerto Rican behind. Crap, I'm part of the first world...thank the Lord for that.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Do you boycott any products? [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

same here...

Gillette I stopped buying awhile ago.. Would I ever buy gillette again ? not likely. I avoid nike because of Kaperprick. Chik-fil-a ..always closed on Sundays when I want a chicken sandwich.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roka for elitist attitude and ridiculously priced products.
Any fast food. It’s deadly.
Quintana Roo. Stupid name and ugly bikes.
Rudy Project. Cheap as shit quality. Marketing scheme screams “sham-wow”
Quote Reply

Prev Next