Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [CamCom] [ In reply to ]

I think if this member doesn’t want to be outed he shouldn’t be. My friend was outed and it had horrible consequences on his life

I completely respect that

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [RBR] [ In reply to ]

RBR wrote:
I think if this member doesn’t want to be outed he shouldn’t be. My friend was outed and it had horrible consequences on his life

I guess what bothers me is PJC making comments like "Millward was a disgrace of a professional yesterday." behind that veil of anonymity.

Just doesn't strike me as fighting fair....

This is the oddest statement I have come arcoss in a while.

X person was a asshole or troll or something because there was no consequences.

But once Everyone found out who X was he had to pay those consequences.

Therefore we should protect people like X so he ins't hurt or effected.

BUT FUCK THE REAL PEOPLE HE IS TROLLING OR HURTING!!!

good lord.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [-JBMarshTX] [ In reply to ]

Agreed, sometimes all the negativity gets to me. I have found the hide user posts extremely helpful in this regard.

-JBMarshTX wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:
From my perspective you’re totally wrong. The only people that are worried about what the post are the trash you protect. No one comes here for anonymous posting? Do they? That’s the draw? Really?
I come hear for guys like DC, Jim, Cody, MTM etc...who have valuable insight to share in a positive way.

Guys like the original poster are why the majority of people I know, no longer come on slowtwitch. They are an older crowd with families who really don’t have time for the shitty people.

Dan, you really got this one wrong I think but you’ve been doing this longer than anyone so I guess I defer to your expertise. That said, I believe DC is right.

I'm more in Dan's camp. If it weren't for these threads, it would be endless posts of...
- Which tires should I use?
- How can I get faster at swimming without really swimming?
- Please diagnose this...
- Which tires should i use?
- How can I get faster at swimming without really swimming?
- Why do we even have pros?
- What goggles should I use?

I find myself sifting through the threads to see what might have some interest or something that I might be able to contribute to...as opposed to finding the daily outrage is an YELLING!!

Triathletes are pretty much dorks and would ask a lot of the same questions even if the answers were there and someone will happily answer whether or not the one that answers knows shit from clay. I get that a lot of the places that newbies went to get info (some clubs) have disappeared, so this is as good a place as any to ask away, and you're sure to get an answer.

It's just difficult at times to sift through the BS to get to the good stuff.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]

Triathletetoth wrote:
This is the oddest statement I have come arcoss in a while.

X person was a asshole or troll or something because there was no consequences.

But once Everyone found out who X was he had to pay those consequences.

Therefore we should protect people like X so he ins't hurt or effected.

BUT FUCK THE REAL PEOPLE HE IS TROLLING OR HURTING!!!

good lord.

I wasn’t responding to your post, you or the coach

I don’t know any of those people
Last edited by: RBR: Oct 16, 18 17:24

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]

Here is what Cameron Watt says happened on his FB post:

The last 36hrs have been tough as my character has been completely ripped apart due to the factually incorrect allegations that Callum Millward has used to slander me in a way designed for maximum damage on social media, all while I was in transit from USA to Australia.

I have been involved with Triathlon for 29yrs now, did my first race in 1989, with not a single incident like this, not one single altercation and I thank my true friends for the messages of support.

I have received dozens on dozens of private messages threatening to “bash me” “I’m going to come and find you” etc with a couple even threatening worse then this along with messages that my athletes are taking drugs and me being a peadophile. All quite distressing for my family and friends.

In October 2017 Callum contacted me and asked to be coached. I didn’t think it would be a good match, so I politely said no, but Callum wouldn’t take no for an answer and continued to bombard me with calls, emails and messages then even emailed in to be coached by Brett Sutton as well. Eventually someone that works with me emailed him in a more direct manner and told him to look for other options and that stopped the harassment or so I thought, because then he went on to harass about 10 of our mutual friends that would contact me all multiple times that he still wanted to be coached by me and could I reconsider taking him on etc. I didn’t make a big song and dance about this, just continued to let his friends know, it won’t be a good fit and that the answer is still no.

The reason I did not take him on in the first place is two of my male athletes at the time did not get along with Callum after unprovoked “dramas” and this added up with numerous other stories I had been told of his poor attitude one being from his former swim coach at Noosa, the other that he had a fight with Terrenzo Bozzone in a pool once, and this was all unacceptable behaviour that I just didn’t want to risk bringing into my small training environment.

About 5 weeks ago Callum’s name came up again, as someone alerted me that he had tried to call out one of my athletes on Twitter in a clear attempt to embarrass her on a public forum, again completely unprovoked and with no clear motive to do so other then to cause drama and perhaps some sick and twisted way of self promotion. I calmed everyone down and said you will get sweet revenge in Kona as you run by him, this I was certain would happen and a way to keep my athletes focussed on their job and not caught up in the fake petty world of social media.

At approx 32km mark of Kona, I was on Queen K following my athlete, I saw Callum up ahead, I rode past him, and said
“did you think you were tuff bullying and trying to embarrass one of my female athletes on Twitter”
He replied “yes because she’s a loser and a drop kick and so are you”
I said “well looks like you are the loser now as she’s about to run by you along with half the women’s field”
He then replied with an attack on my 12yr old daughter that still has completely shellshocked me that he even knows her name let alone the very private and personal circumstances that surrounded his comment. I saw red, rode up next to him and said “if you ever speak of my daughter again I will drag you into the lava rocks over there and belt you” during the delivery of this as I tried to hop off the bike I stumbled and embarrassingly fell off the bike. I looked around and saw my athlete coming along with Rinny and Siri so I got back on the bike and rode off to refocus on the race and not one word was spoken after this. The whole incident lasted less then 60sec.

To allege I followed him, bullied him & then ran at him with my bike or even touched him is 100% completely and utterly false. To then fabricate these false events and put them on social media with the clear and main objective to incite hundreds of people against me, some of whom I’ve been friends with for 20years is really a form of evil that I haven’t come across before.

His false version of events are opportunistic to settle some anger he harbours over being declined to be coached by me over a year ago now. He has tried to ruin my career and have extreme negative impact on others that are closely associated with me and may well have succeeded.

I regret verbally threatening him, but it was direct spur of the moment rage that came from him attacking my daughter and our very personal circumstances.

Others have begged me for my side of the story so here it is. I personally wished to leave it be, as I stand little to gain now by getting my side of the story out against an angry falsely influenced mob, but I owe it to my friends and colleagues to set the record straight, as it’s them that I am most upset for in this debacle.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

So we got a He Said, we got a She Said...and then we go to C: what really happened.

So why are non-athletes allowed to be on the course again?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Oct 16, 18 17:16

As usual when these things happen, nobody comes out looking good.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:
So we got a He Said, we got a She Said...and then we go to C: what really happened.

So why are non-athletes allowed to be on the course again?

They are not allowed. Sounds like cam was illegally pacing his athlete.

And of his own admission, when he saw cal, he rode up to him, following him on the bike to verbally abuse him. He admits to instigating this with Cal while he is racing Kona. When Callum responded in kind and allegedly says something but we don't know what about his daughter, Watt escalated to threatening physical violence and at minimum crashed his bike while riding next to Callum during Kona and maybe crashed into him- he leaves that part suspiciously vague.

What was this "call out" on Twitter that was so egregious. Whatever it was, it sounds to me like Watt was still completely in the wrong. I cannot imagine so ng this niatter what someone said on Twitter.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Oct 16, 18 17:48

Supposedly Sarah Crowley has an instagram bot that liked one of his photos or something while she was in the middle of a race as previously discussed in the thread.

What like Siri was pacing hers? Hardly illegal pacing his athlete at 32km of the run... Cam's story to me sounds legit and a fair enough scenario but then again he has had some time to think about it. On field incident by the sounds we all move on and leave the kids to sort it out. I'm sure the twitter stuff will come out in time...

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]

Shambolic wrote:
What like Siri was pacing hers? Hardly illegal pacing his athlete at 32km of the run... Cam's story to me sounds legit and a fair enough scenario but then again he has had some time to think about it. On field incident by the sounds we all move on and leave the kids to sort it out. I'm sure the twitter stuff will come out in time...

Yeah I agree.

TheStroBro wrote:
Supposedly Sarah Crowley has an instagram bot that liked one of his photos or something while she was in the middle of a race as previously discussed in the thread.

Oh... And he said something like, oh, nice of your bot to like my post? Is that really what this is about?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook

Cam Watt is in the wrong 100%.

He has openly admitted to the fact he has initiated an unprovoked verbal attack and intimidation on a competing athlete, during the World Championship race.

He has thrown the first metaphorical punch. End of story.

So Cam admittedly initiated the incident on the Queen K? Two wrongs don't make a right but hard to fault a guy for being defensive when confronted 30+ks into an ironman marathon.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [cartsman] [ In reply to ]

cartsman wrote:
zedzded wrote:
PJC wrote:

Once 50 plus age groupers beat you, do you really deserve your pro card?

It's a valid point. If you were getting beaten consistently by AGers then yeah, you shouldn't be racing pro. Some of the female pros in Australia are putting out ridiculous times, ridiculous as in shit. Like over 5 hours for a 70.3 and they are doing that race after race. Makes racing as a pro a joke. I don't know about Callum, I thought he won a 70.3 recently?

There's always been a grey area between pros and top AGers in triathlon though. There are AGers with the time and money to basically train like a pro. And not many pros are actually making a decent living out of the sport, many have to supplement it with other income, whether that's from taking another job, having a spouse/family that supports them, or living off money they've earned or inherited before turning pro. I don't really understand why somebody who can't break 5 hours for a 70.3 would want to call themselves pro, but it doesn't really bother me and I don't think it makes pro racing a joke any more than a 17 hour finisher makes AG racing a joke.

If an athlete is good enough to have qualified for Kona as a pro then they have every right to be there and clearly being beaten by 50 AGers isn't their normal standard. The qualification system can always be improved, but all the pros are playing by the same rules so nobody should be able to complain that Callum took his place from another athlete.

This opens a whole other can of worms that has been a massive bug bear of mine in particular "age groupers" training fulltime like a pro and yes they work as do some pro's to make ends meet. Thats why it frustrates me seeing Triathlon Coach "Dan Plews" saying he is an age grouper when he should be racing as a pro. He has the ability to train more than any age grouper out there who is working 8 hours or more everday which does not allow them the ability to train during those times, dan plews can he trains with his athletes he finished in 8:24hrs faster than a lot of pros! An age grouper should be someone who cannot train during there normal work hours and must do there training outside of work.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]

Bringing someone's kids into things is more offensive, than defensive in any situation...

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]

Uncle Phil wrote:
Bringing someone's kids into things is more offensive, than defensive in any situation...

That's still an allegation. The only thing both stories have in common is that Cam rode up to Cal and initiated an altercation. After that it's he said/he said.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]

All bets are off once you pick a fight while someone is dead tired during a race man.

RBR wrote:

How so?

RowToTri wrote:
He then replied with an attack on my 12yr old daughter that still has completely shellshocked me that he even knows her name let alone the very private and personal circumstances that surrounded his comment.

It was obviously foolish of Cam to confront Milward during the race, but if the above really happened I don't care about anything else.
In my book if you bring someone's kid into an argument you're an excuse of a man. If I were Cam you can be goddamn sure I'd assault the guy

TheStroBro wrote:
All bets are off once you pick a fight while someone is dead tired during a race man.

Pretty much the same when you get the chance to confront the guy that tried to mess with your star athlete in the lead up to the race and he is about to get chicked by her. All bets are off in that opportunity too IMO...

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [vittorio] [ In reply to ]

vittorio wrote:
In my book if you bring someone's kid into an argument you're an excuse of a man. If I were Cam you can be goddamn sure I'd assault the guy

But Cam is the one who's inserted his daughter into the public conversation. If it'd been me, I wouldn't have done that. I'd leave my daughter entirely out of social media pissing matches. I'd have just written, "He said something intensely personal and way over the line." Or something.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [trail] [ In reply to ]

Wouldn't of had the same impact as to why he flipped his lid

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]

Shambolic wrote:
Wouldn't of had the same impact as to why he flipped his lid

I don't care. I don't want my daughter reading on social media that she was being used as justification for my poor behavior. I'll own my behavior...like a man.

Prev Next