Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]

Andrew Coggan wrote:
I don't get it... whatever happened to:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”?

The man who said that would have stopped running, get the Sutto guy off his bike, hip-throw him on the ground and proceed to choke him out.
I'm not joking.
Last edited by: Thorax: Oct 15, 18 9:32

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]

Mike Alexander wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:

Again...it was a BS move by Sutto's guy......I just find it ironic that Callum (since you think I shouldn't use his nickname) is butthurt about name calling.

again, is callum "butthurt" about name calling? or about several straight minutes of cam's harrassment, uttering threats, and ultimately impeding his progress and/or trying to hit him with his bike?

the choices you've made about characterizing the situation and callum himself are pretty telling here.

yes....he is butthurt about name calling AND having progress impeded. I get the impeding progress part....and don't condone that behavior or messing with an athlete trying to perform....but the name calling (which he specifically calls out) shouldn't have been part of his complaint as he does the same thing. It's ironic, that is my point.

Oh the irony..............

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.

Mike Alexander wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:

Again...it was a BS move by Sutto's guy......I just find it ironic that Callum (since you think I shouldn't use his nickname) is butthurt about name calling.

again, is callum "butthurt" about name calling? or about several straight minutes of cam's harrassment, uttering threats, and ultimately impeding his progress and/or trying to hit him with his bike?

the choices you've made about characterizing the situation and callum himself are pretty telling here.

yes....he is butthurt about name calling AND having progress impeded. I get the impeding progress part....and don't condone that behavior or messing with an athlete trying to perform....but the name calling (which he specifically calls out) shouldn't have been part of his complaint as he does the same thing. It's ironic, that is my point.

well, we got there 5 pages later.

it's strange to me that you're such a fan of 'irony' (whatever you think irony is) that you think that spending several pages focusing on very least of callum's complaints is important. again, the way you've chosen to characterize this whole situation is telling.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Thorax] [ In reply to ]

I've written this exact response about 10x and deleted it...you are the thread hero! Thank you for writing what I've been thinking.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [windschatten] [ In reply to ]

windschatten wrote:
eye3md wrote:
Wow, that's BAD and very disgraceful. Hope we learn more about this and what as the reason behind the Tri Sutto coach being so aggressive?!?!?!

Probably too much sun, booze and/or uppers.

There were some ugly characters out there on the Queen K yesterday. Visible even during coverage.

Vehicular assault is not trivial.

I was watching online and cringed every time a car went screaming down the road. Agree scary

I am not the first and won't be the last to tell a sponsor that their athlete doesn't represent their product well, and I won't be buying anything else from them if they continue to support them. A sponsored professional athlete puts themselves out there as a public figure and needs to act like a professional.

But shouldn't the Company itself be able to decide who to sponsor or not?

I'm just not sure why you feel it's your job.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

Sanuk wrote:
I am not the first and won't be the last to tell a sponsor that their athlete doesn't represent their product well, and I won't be buying anything else from them if they continue to support them. A sponsored professional athlete puts themselves out there as a public figure and needs to act like a professional.

But shouldn't the Company itself be able to decide who to sponsor or not?

I'm just not sure why you feel it's your job.

Because he's a massive arsehole who thinks himself important

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [scott8888] [ In reply to ]

This is the only thing I’ve dug up. Mind you Cameron coaches Crowley. It’s pretty funny and non aggressive so I’m hoping there’s more motive.

In an August post on Twitter Callum tagged her and said :
“ I like it when bots like my pics from training camp 2013. It feels genuine.”

So apparently she was liking random pics from years ago while simultaneously racing. Like I said , I really hope there’s more motive than someone poking fun at social media behaviors.

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Last edited by: Diehl78: Oct 15, 18 11:28

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [PJC] [ In reply to ]

PJC wrote:
aliseselsy wrote:
Sorry, what did you say your IM PR was? And how many professional podiums did you achieve this year? Professional athletes are entitled to a tough day at work from time to time just like everyone else, keyboard warrior.

I'm not a professional. But you can sure bet when I am doing a pitch at work I put everything into it. Especially if it's the biggest one of the year.

I'm not expecting Callum to win. He can even finish last of the pros. But so far behind, it s a joke he is racing pro.

I think Luke McKenzie was on the cusp of times for respectable pros. And he came 28th I think. 40 minutes behind? Guessing.

Kona is a beast of a race. To qualify as one of the top 50 professionals is a huge feat in itself, but you've never done it so you wouldn't realise that. With 5+ podiums in the past year, I'm pretty sure Cal deserves to be racing pro. He won Ironman 70.3 Boulder less than two months ago, how conveniently you forget about that.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [gregk] [ In reply to ]

gregk wrote:
..But f--king A, there is an absolutely astounding amount of negativity and asshole behavior floating around here and other threads. What the hell is wrong with people?

While the rest of the thread might be entertaining to read and bring in page views, it's ultimately what drives people away from ST forums from an actual posting standpoint.

Sure, there's plenty of useful tidbits on ST and I skim the forums daily, but I rarely post anymore for exactly this reason. It's just not worth it most of the time. The level of general hate/assholes/etc here just seems to climb by the month.

I get that the general concept is to let things take care of itself, but at some point it doesn't become any better than a bad Reddit thread. Hell, at least with Reddit a post/comment can get downvoted to oblivion, effectively making it disappear for most.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]

dcrainmaker wrote:
gregk wrote:
..But f--king A, there is an absolutely astounding amount of negativity and asshole behavior floating around here and other threads. What the hell is wrong with people?

While the rest of the thread might be entertaining to read and bring in page views, it's ultimately what drives people away from ST forums from an actual posting standpoint.

Sure, there's plenty of useful tidbits on ST and I skim the forums daily, but I rarely post anymore for exactly this reason. It's just not worth it most of the time. The level of general hate/assholes/etc here just seems to climb by the month.

I get that the general concept is to let things take care of itself, but at some point it doesn't become any better than a bad Reddit thread. Hell, at least with Reddit a post/comment can get downvoted to oblivion, effectively making it disappear for most.

Yes, that's something that Reddit at least did well; the downvote button.

I mean, look at what happened with Talbot. Dude was giving us great content and still got shitted on my some of the assholes in ST, this included a dude saying that videos weren't free because he spent 10 minutes of his time watching them.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]

So a lot of pros have bots on the instagrams...why do I know this? Because Angela Naeth definitely does because I'm a nobody and I'll get likes from her and a comment here and there...when I've said thanks in return there's no response. There are a few others but that's burned in my mind.

Thorax wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:
I don't get it... whatever happened to:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”?

The man who said that would have stopped running, get the Sutto guy off his bike, hip-throw him on the ground and proceed to choke him out.
I'm not joking.

That, however, was a time when settling things with fists would settle them instead of resulting in lawsuits and prison time. And as appealingly simple as that sounds, it’s not a moral or civilized approach to conflict resolution.

Regardless of all else, Cal blocking Mike on the social medias looks like an excellent judgement call if nothing else.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

This guy Cameron who coaches a few pros including one is doing really well in the race. Randomly stops to abuse and assault the last pro?

Sounds very thin and with no witness at all?

They have had some disagreements in the past. No doubt he gives it to him, given the form of the cupcake look at me crew and their behaviour sounds like a squaring of the ledger and a bit of creativity with the story.

Thorax wrote:
I'm not joking.

Incorrect. Teddy was a boxer and probably didn't have much of a ground game. He'd have connected with a few crosses. Google the Roosevelt bar fight.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [stevie g] [ In reply to ]

stevie g wrote:
This guy Cameron who coaches a few pros including one is doing really well in the race. Randomly stops to abuse and assault the last pro?

Sounds very thin and with no witness at all?

They have had some disagreements in the past. No doubt he gives it to him, given the form of the cupcake look at me crew and their behaviour sounds like a squaring of the ledger and a bit of creativity with the story.

Looks like there were witnesses.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [stevie g] [ In reply to ]

See post 22, event was witness by several people.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

TulkasTri wrote:
dcrainmaker wrote:
gregk wrote:

I mean, look at what happened with Talbot. Dude was giving us great content and still got shitted on my some of the assholes in ST, this included a dude saying that videos weren't free because he spent 10 minutes of his time watching them.

The Talbot thread was slightly different. He got some feedback that was negative but mostly was articulated properly. People can have opinions it’s just how they’re conveyed. The keyboard warriors on here have been getting worse though and I don’t blame brands and pros from shying away.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [trail] [ In reply to ]

trail wrote:
PJC wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:
This is nothing more than a last ditch effort to be relevant. Good luck Cal. What was the term you used.....Flog?

Millward was a disgrace of a professional yesterday.

He was the last pro and over 1 hour behind the winner.

148th overall.

That is not a professional performance.

I think Cameron Watt was right in his comments. Crashing into him was going a bit far and poor form by watt if true

Please stay away from youth athletes.

Seriously. Good lord.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]

ffmedic84 wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
dcrainmaker wrote:
gregk wrote:

The Talbot thread was slightly different. He got some feedback that was negative but mostly was articulated properly. People can have opinions it’s just how they’re conveyed. The keyboard warriors on here have been getting worse though and I don’t blame brands and pros from shying away.

It’s really not that bad, it’s been better and worse multiple times 10+ years ago. The reason pros aren’t on here is because they can’t show a social media presence through here. 100k followers on Instagram is way more important than posting on here. The reach is also significantly more.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

The incident was witnessed by Siri Lindley and several other athletes thankfully.
That's a statement saying Siri and other people witnessed it, where are they on this thread and what have they done

TulkasTri wrote:

With Talbot though he made a previous thread asking for feedback-he even publicly posted his phone number asking for feedback. And then when he got feedback got upset. He needs to realise all feedback won’t ever be good-you could paint the perfect picture and yet thousands of people will still think it’s a POS.

He needs some maturity to read he feedback when requested and take it or leave it.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]

ffmedic84 wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
dcrainmaker wrote:
gregk wrote:

I am not talking about the people offering advice on different music selection (I particularly don't like the music either), I'm talking about CU427, the dude complaining about videos not being "FREE" because he spend time watching them.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [dunno] [ In reply to ]

dunno wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

With Talbot though he made a previous thread asking for feedback-he even publicly posted his phone number asking for feedback. And then when he got feedback got upset. He needs to realise all feedback won’t ever be good-you could paint the perfect picture and yet thousands of people will still think it’s a POS.

He needs some maturity to read he feedback when requested and take it or leave it.

If you go back and read the thread, Talbot got upset after CU427 started complaining about the videos not being free because he had to spend time watching them, and nothing in this world is free, including his time.

The only other time was when people asked him about using a different genre of music, and Talbot declined to change, as that was his preference. And he didn't seem that upset about it.

TulkasTri wrote:
dunno wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

If you go back and read the thread, Talbot got upset after CU427 started complaining about the videos not being free because he had to spend time watching them, and nothing in this world is free, including his time.

The only other time was when people asked him about using a different genre of music, and Talbot declined to change, as that was his preference. And he didn't seem that upset about it.

Well that makes it even worse then if because of one single poster on the interweb Talbot decides to cancel all his upcoming interviews and not release any more vids-that sound terribly immature.

As I said there will ALWAYS be critics no matter how perfect something is. If your business is putting content out for public consumption and you can’t handle a single negative response then it’s rine to do something else.

Prev Next