Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [trail] [ In reply to ]

Much how this all should have been kept in house like men and now the whole story is coming out and Cam has every right to defend himself as he sees fit. Kudos for him sticking up for his daughter and I hope his daughter appreciates it I would say.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]

I wonder about the context - how much was it about Sutto’s behavior with kids?

Regardless, Cam Watt had the power to avoid the situation and chose to pursue it. At some point someone has to be the adult.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]

This Callum guy felt so threatened he went on instagram. That says it all. If felt assaulted he would have gone to the police. Regards conduct of the coach file with TO and race referee.

He went insta, he wanted to make it trial by internet so he could situate the facts to best suit himself

This Cam's guys response is more measured but still has some of that use social to take down the other party.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [stevie g] [ In reply to ]

didn't one of the celebrated trolls on this board hurl abuse at lionel sanders in a race?

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]

Well I guess the longer I'm in this Triathlon "Community" the more I'm aware that we're just a sample of society and that it is not "welcoming" and it is full of folks who are shitheads. Cameron Watt's character doesn't need to be assassinated, he did that himself by working for Sutton. It amazes me that such a person is allowed to coach at all. I don't know Callum Millward from anybody, maybe he's not "professional", but I guess we're seeing two shitheads get after it.

If Watt wanted to be a "man" about it he would have taken this up off the course later or before. Screwing with someone while their racing is just fucked up no matter what you may perceive they've done.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

I can agree on that both should have been better men but I guess blood goes to the head at the opportune time.

I am not sure where everyone gets the 'how can he be allowed to coach?' People choose to be coached by them. They don't need a license of any kind. I guess their coaching credentials do the talking.

In the US there is a program called SafeSport. Had the program been around at the time and he [Sutton] in the US he would have received a ban for life. It's pretty simple as that.

There are still runarounds with that. Being banned simply means you cant use any of the national federation support or be apart of it. If USAT bans a coach, they can still coach unaffliated. But likely means they are banned within race sites, receiving coaching support, etc. Which I believe Sutto is banned in a few different countries (Aussie, US and some Euro countries I believe)

It's likely not advised for an athlete to take on said coach but if they are in a non-federation setup without funding anyways, it wont matter.

I believe it was swimming that a coach was banned for life and then simiply went "private" with his swim team (talking kids swim team).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II

TheStroBro wrote:
In the US there is a program called SafeSport. Had the program been around at the time and he [Sutton] in the US he would have received a ban for life. It's pretty simple as that.

Sutton did get a lifetime ban from coaching in his home country. That's why he doesn't coach there.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]

The only race sites Sutton could potentially be banned from are those where you have to pay to enter, such as perhaps when Olympics were in Beijing when the entire circuit was off-limits without paying / accreditation.

This whole notion that he is 'banned' by ITU is a crock of shit and gets mentioned a lot. I think Brett even wrote a piece rubbishing the whole idea once.

SB.

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching

Shambolic wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
All bets are off once you pick a fight while someone is dead tired during a race man.

Pretty much the same when you get the chance to confront the guy that tried to mess with your star athlete in the lead up to the race and he is about to get chicked by her. All bets are off in that opportunity too IMO...

What are you talking about? Callum made a snarky comment about a bot liking a 3 year old photo while Crowley was racing. On what fucking planet does that necessitate any response at all? Maybe a “whoops?”

And I call bullshit on Watts “defending my daughter,” claim. What kind of low life do you have to be to publically drag your family into this feud? Oh I know. The kind of low life that would work for someone who forced a 14 year old to blow him.

This is exactly the kind of crap the sport has to put up with because athletes sell their soul to be coached by Sutton. Screw you Chrissie, Ryf, Spirig and any of you disgraceful scum.

What do you mean he doesn't coach here? He comes several times a year hosting training camps?

http://blog.trisutto.com/product/sunshine-coast-training-camp-11-12-13-may-2018/

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [salmonsteve] [ In reply to ]

Why is it a crock of shit? He's sex offender.

I guess for me it's crazy that so many athletes knowingly don't care because he gets results. In the other NGB I'm a part of, we just banned a coach for ten years. But the difference here is that it's a team sport (rugby), SafeSport infractions do carry to other NGBs. So he is unemployable with SARU, he was from RSA and fled the country.

trail wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Sutton did get a lifetime ban from coaching in his home country. That's why he doesn't coach there.

You sound like my mother. Sprouting incorrect facts.

Brett can totally coach in Australia and even ran a camp there during the ITU Worlds on the Gold Coast. He also has his company setup coaching there. He currently has 5 coaches there and goes there himself all the time to coach. https://www.trisutto.com/...ams/trisutto/coaches

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]

Is that the claim is it on a bot liking a photo? Seems Callum begged to sell his soul too. Oh the irony...

TheStroBro wrote:
Why is it a crock of shit? He's sex offender.

Why is what a crock of shit? I didn't call anything that?

You have me confused....

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [PJC] [ In reply to ]

PJC wrote:
trail wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Brett can totally coach in Australia and even ran a camp there during the ITU Worlds on the Gold Coast. He also has his company setup coaching there. He currently has 5 coaches there and goes there himself all the time to coach. https://www.trisutto.com/...ams/trisutto/coaches

Huh. I'm just going off this article. But maybe the article is wrong? Or the sentence was suspended?

Shambolic wrote:
Is that the claim is it on a bot liking a photo? Seems Callum begged to sell his soul too. Oh the irony...

If that is true. But considering the disgusting way Watt “defended” himself I have my doubts.

I think that's the issue- team sport vs individual athlete. Long course racing is mostly dealing with non-supported federation athletes, so they don't really have any "push back" from anyone with who they get coached by. I'd wager within ITU, the athletes would get more pushback from likely USAT but he did once coach/help Lukas Verbzicas in one of his many comeback attempts post crash years but didn't race much (I dont think he even raced once, but maybe it was some Euro Conti Cup).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II

TheStroBro wrote:
If I understand the consequences well enough then nothing would stop anyone from coaching without a license. https://safesport.org/...disciplinary-records

"permanently ineligible" --> can't participate in any activity in any capacity in a USOC event. So all the other 364 days of the year anyone could perfectly coach anyone, and even on race day you could be present at a race venue as long as you're not officially there as a participant, or coach...

What we know is Callum made some sort of snarky comment about Sarah Crowley's bot liking his photo while she was racing. Because of this we know that Cam admitted to riding up to Cal during the race to verbally abuse him, and that during this incident he at least fell off his bike and may or may not have made physical contact with Cal.

Cam says Cal said something about his daughter after he went to attack him in the middle of Kona. Maybe Cal said something maybe not, but I find Cam to be totally non-credible after instigating this conflict with an athlete in the middle of goddamn Kona. He basically admitted everything Callum accused him of.

Despite his verbose post, there is nothing at all in there that justifies his actions. He was the instigator and he was wrong. He is also not willing to accept that fact.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook

Shambolic wrote:
What do you mean he doesn't coach here? He comes several times a year hosting training camps?

http://blog.trisutto.com/product/sunshine-coast-training-camp-11-12-13-may-2018/

Yeah, I could be wrong. I just read it in several articles (linked one above). Maybe it's just sanctioned swim coaching? I'm a roadie, I don't know about your pedo triathlon coaches and your passive-aggressive social media ghetto dramas!

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [PJC] [ In reply to ]

PJC wrote:
trail wrote:

Brett can totally coach in Australia and even ran a camp there during the ITU Worlds on the Gold Coast. He also has his company setup coaching there. He currently has 5 coaches there and goes there himself all the time to coach...

Only a sex offender apologist would find it necessary to quibble over what being banned means. He cannot represent his country. Obviously any fool can still hire him.

trail wrote:
Shambolic wrote:

Yeah, I could be wrong. I just read it in several articles (linked one above). Maybe it's just sanctioned swim coaching? I'm a roadie, I don't know about your pedo triathlon coaches and your passive-aggressive social media ghetto dramas!

So you only know about drug taking cyclists then..... ;)

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

What we know based on what facts? What we know is there seems to be two sides to the story and should have been kept in house IMO. The rest is just slowtwitch conjecture. If there were witnesses and anything too untoward happened then lets let it play out on a more official level. Both people have put their social media cases forward.

Prev Next