Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]

I can't possibly imagine why anyone would want to block you on social media!? You seem so rational, considerate and pleasant to deal with...
Last edited by: Robijo11: Oct 14, 18 20:45

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Robijo11] [ In reply to ]

Robijo11 wrote:
I can't possibly imagine why anyone would want to block you on social media!? You seem so rational, considerate and pleasant to deal with...

But he calls people cupcakes, he's so sweet.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Robijo11] [ In reply to ]

That's the guy?:

Good enough to get a picture of his character.
Last edited by: windschatten: Oct 14, 18 20:50

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [PJC] [ In reply to ]

So you are the best at your job in the world? Top 148? if not you should just quit because you are a disgrace to your job.

Cal worked to qualify, tried his best on the day, didn't pull the pin when he could of. That's what makes good professionals and good role models. Same for Sanders. Yeah they could do better, and we hope they do to make the competition more exciting.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Timtek] [ In reply to ]

Timtek wrote:
So your beef is with WTC letting too many pros into the WC and you'd like to see more age groupers to fill those spots. Do I have this correct?

I don't have a beef with that.

I suppose if I have a beef its that if you race pro you need to finish within a % of the winner.

It will be worse next year with the new system of win and you are in. But thats another whole thread.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Frankenbike] [ In reply to ]

Frankenbike wrote:
So you are the best at your job in the world? Top 148? if not you should just quit because you are a disgrace to your job.

I am definitely the top 25% of my peers.

Something Callum can't say.

Rhymenocerus wrote:

Does your profession have a world championship that you can validate that claim against?

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Frankenbike] [ In reply to ]

Frankenbike wrote:
Does your profession have a world championship that you can validate that claim against?

yeah sure. Don't all professions?

Rhymenocerus wrote:

So everyone that isn't top 25% in their profession should just give up because they aren't good enough and there's no point trying? So we should now have 5 billion people world wide just sitting at home twiddling their thumbs because they aren't in the top 25% of whatever it is they do...

I forgot about the accountants World Cup. It was a thrilling day watching them go head to head to reconcile the bank account in the quickest time.

PJC wrote:
Timtek wrote:
So your beef is with WTC letting too many pros into the WC and you'd like to see more age groupers to fill those spots. Do I have this correct?

I don't have a beef with that.

I suppose if I have a beef its that if you race pro you need to finish within a % of the winner.

It will be worse next year with the new system of win and you are in. But thats another whole thread.

There are 58 pro male spots at the WC and you said the finish time cutoff should be at about Luke's time at 28th. So you're suggesting the last 30 pros (over 50% of the field) drop out because of finishing times? I'm trying to wrap my head around your system.
Last edited by: Timtek: Oct 14, 18 21:22

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Timtek] [ In reply to ]

My point is there were other pros that missed out that could and wanted it more than Callum.

Yet he went and was overweight as per what Watt said, and clearly gave up.

Once 50 plus age groupers beat you, do you really deserve your pro card?

To be honest starky was the same. He broke the course record and then comes out and says Saturday wasn’t his day.

Anyway it’s a moot point.

Next year will be worse. The first and you are off to Kona is dumb.

Rhymenocerus wrote:

What's funny here is you're lauding a guy who hangs out with a sex offender for a boss.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [aliseselsy] [ In reply to ]

aliseselsy wrote:
A: Its not a spectator, its a high profile Australian coach who is meant to be a 'role model'.

Let's get something straight: coaches are not role models. Hell, professional athlete's should not be considered role models.

Continue on.

PJC wrote:

It's a valid point. If you were getting beaten consistently by AGers then yeah, you shouldn't be racing pro. Some of the female pros in Australia are putting out ridiculous times, ridiculous as in shit. Like over 5 hours for a 70.3 and they are doing that race after race. Makes racing as a pro a joke. I don't know about Callum, I thought he won a 70.3 recently?

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

Callum won 70.3 Boulder 3:47:04

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

zedzded wrote:
PJC wrote:

It's a valid point. If you were getting beaten consistently by AGers then yeah, you shouldn't be racing pro. Some of the female pros in Australia are putting out ridiculous times, ridiculous as in shit. Like over 5 hours for a 70.3 and they are doing that race after race. Makes racing as a pro a joke. I don't know about Callum, I thought he won a 70.3 recently?

There's always been a grey area between pros and top AGers in triathlon though. There are AGers with the time and money to basically train like a pro. And not many pros are actually making a decent living out of the sport, many have to supplement it with other income, whether that's from taking another job, having a spouse/family that supports them, or living off money they've earned or inherited before turning pro. I don't really understand why somebody who can't break 5 hours for a 70.3 would want to call themselves pro, but it doesn't really bother me and I don't think it makes pro racing a joke any more than a 17 hour finisher makes AG racing a joke.

If an athlete is good enough to have qualified for Kona as a pro then they have every right to be there and clearly being beaten by 50 AGers isn't their normal standard. The qualification system can always be improved, but all the pros are playing by the same rules so nobody should be able to complain that Callum took his place from another athlete.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [windschatten] [ In reply to ]

I don’t know. If Callum was running his ballwasher and shitting on someone (doesn’t matter a pro or not), and later Callum is taking a shit and his previous asshole behavior rears it’s head...he kind of deserves it. Yeah, totally a shit move by the coach person on the bike, but we don’t know Callum’s karma balance...this could be totally warranted.

Yeah, fuck Callum!

Lol

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Culley22] [ In reply to ]

Culley22 wrote:
I don’t know. If Callum was running his ballwasher and shitting on someone (doesn’t matter a pro or not), and later Callum is taking a shit and his previous asshole behavior rears it’s head...he kind of deserves it. Yeah, totally a shit move by the coach person on the bike, but we don’t know Callum’s karma balance...this could be totally warranted.

Yeah although it's poor form on Cameron Watt's part to have a go during the race when Callum can do fuck all about it. I'm sure he could have found him during race week and had a "chat". Reminds me of this fat kid in primary school who used to call kids names only when his Mommy was there. Hand in your man card Cameron old chap.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:

Luke Bell was an awesome 70.3 athlete.

Your point?

Rhymenocerus wrote:

PJC wrote:
Frankenbike wrote:

I am definitely the top 25% of my peers.

Something Callum can't say.

I'm pretty sure that fewer than 25% of professional triathletes qualify for Kona.

The whole idea that he is undeserving of being there is stupid, there is a qualifiying system. He qualified. He deserved to be there.

PJC wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Luke Bell was an awesome 70.3 athlete.

Your point?

Luke Bell has won Ironmans. Agreed the best 70.3 athletes don't always make the best Ironman athletes. However, Millward did enough to qualify and compete against the best other professional Ironman athletes. He's finished on multiple Ironman podiums. Sure, he may not be a 'contender' in Kona, and he may not have had his best race, but that's no justification for berating his performance (or judging his fitness to be a professional).

Coaching - Future Endurance

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [steve_c] [ In reply to ]

Can someone point to a post or quote as to what Callum said that actually pissed of this coach?

I feel like I’m missing half the story, or at least the back story.

Thanks,
Maurice

I'm not personally invested in this debate, but I'm just wondering what Luke Bell has to do with this argument?
From memory Luke Bell has two top 10 finishes in Kona, at least two IM wins, and a bunch of second places in IMs against some fairly decent opposition (Simon Lessing, Chris McCormack, Cam Brown and so on). That's apart from winning a whole bunch of 70.3 races. I don't see logical connection with Bell in your line of argument as to the suitability of qualified pros to race , but I am happy to be enlightened.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]

mauricemaher wrote:
Can someone point to a post or quote as to what Callum said that actually pissed of this coach?

I feel like I’m missing half the story, or at least the back story.

Thanks,
Maurice

This is what I'm thinking. You got to make somebody really seething furious for them to want to get revenge on you like this in public.

Prev Next