Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [PJC] [ In reply to ]

I feel another 'twitch-hunt' coming on......

:)

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching

PJC wrote:
I was handy on a bike. But as you know the ex was better than me. Not out here. But would prefer to not be as my comments could affect my ex.

Well, those few sentences just confirmed my "outing" of you to me.

Yep, your ex would have 'chicked' you, maybe even on the bike too, over 40km or 180 km.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Hairy Legs] [ In reply to ]

Hairy Legs wrote:
PJC wrote:
I was handy on a bike. But as you know the ex was better than me. Not out here. But would prefer to not be as my comments could affect my ex.

Yep, your ex would have 'chicked' you, maybe even on the bike too, over 40km or 180 km.

but the shorter the distance, the harder that would have been!

be cool, boys and girls, or i'm going to lock the thread. we're all family here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Slowman wrote:
Hairy Legs wrote:
PJC wrote:

but the shorter the distance, the harder that would have been!

be cool, boys and girls, or i'm going to lock the thread. we're all family here.

True, but precede it with a swim and follow it with a 10km run and "PJC" was done...as would all but the very best...except maybe a doper from...:-)

PJC wrote:
Callum is an elite triathlete. Not a professional triathlete.

I think he's both. But if people question if he's good/fast enough to be one, wouldn't he then be a professional triathlete (good at managing his career and leveraging his 'assets'), but not an elite triathlete (fast enough)?

Oh now I know who we're talking with ;)

Thanks.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [salmonsteve] [ In reply to ]

salmonsteve wrote:

Thanks.

No problem. Subtle hints...without getting banned.

Yes, I've often Felt that is the way to go ;)

salmonsteve wrote:

Yes, I've often Felt that is the way to go ;)

Hehehe...good one.

PJC wrote:
Being a professional "Something" isn't a matter of opinion. He makes a living off of triathlon. He is a pro.

It wasn't that subtle!

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Thorax] [ In reply to ]

Thorax wrote:
PJC wrote:

Being a professional "Something" isn't a matter of opinion. He makes a living off of triathlon. He is a pro.

Getting a pro card isn't overly difficult. There are many people who could take a pro card that don't. I look at it as having different levels of pros. For instance the 'a' level pros have a chance to podium or win in Kona and can earn a solid living which requires prize money from races as well as sponsorships. The 'b' level pros might be able to crack the top 10 on a great day, or they may have different incentives such as leading out the swim. There were also some 'c' and 'd' level pros competing in the race. Just because you are a professional doesn't always mean you earn a living. I have known a great many pros across all distances that have had to work jobs to pursue their dreams of being a pro with the hopes of one day earning enough to support themselves through sport(most don't).

Ya'll mthrfckers need Jesus

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [yoyo] [ In reply to ]

Well here is an appropriate post Cameron Watt put up on his Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkH-ZD7lD4m/

Maybe he should stop threatening to beat athletes up and let the ones who are being hard arsed while suffering finish the race.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [yoyo] [ In reply to ]

yoyo wrote:
Ya'll mthrfckers need Jesus

Where was he when I got attacked by a magpie?

salmonsteve wrote:

Thanks.

Same here...

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [-JBMarshTX] [ In reply to ]

Salmonsteve gave it away, what he said was the key.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [eganski] [ In reply to ]

I got it sorted after Dan's reply, but yeah SS completed the dots.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |

PJC wrote:
Richard Blaine wrote:
PJC wrote:

I think Luke McKenzie was on the cusp of times for respectable pros. And he came 28th I think. 40 minutes behind? Guessing.

So anybody finishing 29th or lower in a division 50-something deep is not respectable? Got it.

Math fail much?

Look my point is, it’s the world championships. Every pro that starts should be trying to win. Worst case top 10.

Callum, Luke McKenzie etc... were just making up the numbers.

McKenzie for example should have saved himself, and raced to win IMAZ in the next few weeks which he is entirely capable of.

Callum isn’t capable of winning a major Ironman. Sure, one of the 140 ironman 70.3 events, but not a real Ironman.

So, in this vein, what do you think about the women's field? Enlarge it to 50? hehehe....

PJC wrote:
Richard Blaine wrote:
PJC wrote:

I think Luke McKenzie was on the cusp of times for respectable pros. And he came 28th I think. 40 minutes behind? Guessing.

So anybody finishing 29th or lower in a division 50-something deep is not respectable? Got it.

Math fail much?

Look my point is, it’s the world championships. Every pro that starts should be trying to win. Worst case top 10.

McKenzie for example should have saved himself, and raced to win IMAZ in the next few weeks which he is entirely capable of.

Callum isn’t capable of winning a major Ironman. Sure, one of the 140 ironman 70.3 events, but not a real Ironman.

Even if everything you say here is true - and I do not think much of it is - it still does not justify anyone, but especially a triathlon coach, abusing Callum while he is racing. It has no place in our sport.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook

Slowman wrote:

are you out here, PJC? because, i know who you are, but if others don't then i don't want to blow your anonymity. just, you and i have known each other a long time, you know my background and i know yours. (if folks here knew who you were they would know you're not just an internet troll or, if you are, you're a troll with some pretty good background and history in triathlon).

we're both well aware of what is elite and what is pro and what is not. i just come down in a different place than you do on this. only 50ish men in the world qualify for kona. it's hard. if you qualify, then you should go if you want to go. if that's your ambition. if 50th shouldn't be here, then standing down so that 51st can come isn't an improvement. by definition you're better than he is, or he'd have been 50th.

cam had a really good last couple of years. he absolutely deserves to be here. and, i don't know any of the particulars of the incident but ironman is hard enough without getting hazed or stalked when you've bonked and you're into the shuffle.

Dan, he's being a dick. I don't really care whom he is, because he's obviously someone of no consequence trying to talk mess on a guy who not only had a bad day at the office but was assaulted by a coach. Screw that noise.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

RowToTri wrote:
PJC wrote:
Richard Blaine wrote:
PJC wrote:

Math fail much?

Even if everything you say here is true - and I do not think much of it is - it still does not justify anyone, but especially a triathlon coach, abusing Callum while he is racing. It has no place in our sport.

I think I said exactly the same thing in my very first post.

What cam said is true. But no he shouldn’t have said it or done what he did.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.

I'm going to disagree with you on your definition of elite versus professional triathlete here.

Cal has done a commendable job diversifying his income streams beyond that of just racing - whether through the content series, the Cupcake team, sponsorship, etc. That's the hallmark of professionalism. An elite athlete just means you happen to hold the license to race in the category. Professional means a lot.

And as I'm sure you know, if you earn the right to race at Kona, you go. Because the industry (whether correctly or incorrectly) pretty much requires you to be there. I know that I missed out on a bunch of things by not going out there. I'll try to catch up as much as I can at TBI, but I'm behind the eight ball.

Luke also could have probably put himself in the ballpark of Top 10 without his penalty - but I think that he pretty much wrote it off once it happened.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter

Slowman wrote:

are you out here, PJC? because, i know who you are, but if others don't then i don't want to blow your anonymity. just, you and i have known each other a long time, you know my background and i know yours. (if folks here knew who you were they would know you're not just an internet troll or, if you are, you're a troll with some pretty good background and history in triathlon).

we're both well aware of what is elite and what is pro and what is not. i just come down in a different place than you do on this. only 50ish men in the world qualify for kona. it's hard. if you qualify, then you should go if you want to go. if that's your ambition. if 50th shouldn't be here, then standing down so that 51st can come isn't an improvement. by definition you're better than he is, or he'd have been 50th.

cam had a really good last couple of years. he absolutely deserves to be here. and, i don't know any of the particulars of the incident but ironman is hard enough without getting hazed or stalked when you've bonked and you're into the shuffle.

Well I would like to know who PJC is! I know my triathlon history so the context would make sense once I know.
John

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]

IamSpartacus wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
So a lot of pros have bots on the instagrams...why do I know this? Because Angela Naeth definitely does because I'm a nobody and I'll get likes from her and a comment here and there...when I've said thanks in return there's no response. There are a few others but that's burned in my mind.

Damn. I got so excited when she replied to one of my inst posts. Even showed my wife and giggled like a school girl. You crushed me dude. Crushed !

LOL! Same thing here. I was a believer up to Saturday afternoon, when she liked my Instagram post while I was watching Kona and she was at mile 80 on the bike. My wife thought it was hilarious

Prev Next