Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]

CruseVegas wrote:
Not bad but I kinda like SwimMan.

Maybe call him "Cosmic Carbone" (given his name) as he seems to be able to warp space and time?!

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [burnman] [ In reply to ]

burnman wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
I love the volunteers chasing him!

It was hilarious. The only thing that I can compare it to was watching the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy running away from everyone .... or possibly Forrest Gump carrying a football. Those volunteers were booking, but that guy was on a mission.

HAHA nails.

such a great thread. This thread has cut my productivity today in half!

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [shumphries] [ In reply to ]

shumphries wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:

Maybe call him "Cosmic Carbone" (given his name) as he seems to be able to warp space and time?!

He is the UniLapper.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]

ElGordo wrote:
shumphries wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:

He is the UniLapper.

Ooh yes! I bow to your genius.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [ In reply to ]

to all, regarding this thread:

these incidents occur several times a year or, at least, they're exposed several times a year, and that tends more often than not to happen here on this forum.

in that way, a public service is provided, and those of you on this forum, through your sleuthing, are sort of triathlon's "usada" of course cutting. and, you do it with humor (my favorite was the outboard motor strapped onto the back - via photoshop - of one infamous triathlete of some repute).

at the same time, these threads, after having served their purpose, tend to decay into something that's not helpful. it's good that we can expose behavior that needs to see the light of day. however, i don't want this forum to be a vehicle for public humiliation. i've pulled a couple of posts in this thread that were, in my opinion, guilty of that.

i'm going to let you guys get in your last licks, but, please, be sensitive to the concern i express above. then i'm going to lock the thread down. i'll keep it on the site, but, it'll be locked, which means no more posting to it.

please do not start another thread to take up where this thread leaves off.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Dan, I do think there are some great questions that have been brought up that I would love to see some ideas from the timing guy as to improvements. The main one is they have all these timing mats, but a number of us have heard the stories of top races "missing" them, and getting into races like Kona, etc. So, would be great to take things like this out of this example, and try to brainstorm how to help improve our sport to weed out these few bad apples that even make these type of threads happen.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]

thenicetwin wrote:
First volunteer was hauling ass.

Someone PLEASE make a gif of that volunteer running a 100 and being ahead of Usain Bolt. :D

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

But Dad! He cheated! Sniffle.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]

i think that's certainly worthy of a separate thread.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Prev Next