Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [eganski] [ In reply to ]

how awesome would it have been if the 38min swim guy was in fact newbz's dad? (his dad was at that race)

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [bmeer] [ In reply to ]

bmeer wrote:
how awesome would it have been if the 38min swim guy was in fact newbz's dad? (his dad was at that race)

The horse apple doesn't fall far from the, uh, tree?

Yeah, I remember spending time with my Dad as a youth, having him teach all about life, how to cheat at amateur athletics, all the important things.
Good times.

PS - agreed about not slagging on Bethel Cycles. They have absolutely nothing to do with this jackass' antics.

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Jul 24, 12 10:48

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [dongustav] [ In reply to ]

I agree with you, however, they are aware of what happened and someone even posted something about it on their forum. I expected them to at least respond and say something about not condoning those actions, etc...

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [sportstats] [ In reply to ]

sportstats wrote:
Yep, we are adding more mats just to catch anyone cheating....we had timing mats at every turn around.

We could not have all of them LIVE to http://www.ironman.com because LP has no cell reception on some locations like the Turn on Hazelton, the Turn on River road but everything else was covered.

You should see the string of emails and call that went out to catch that guy, 3 of my crew tried to stop him and he kept yelling he did 2 laps.

Jimmy R. stopped him at the first station on the bike, Jimmy made him return to Transition and I got the chip back around 10am...

However, what do you do when an athlete is missing a timing mat split, but otherwise has other splits for the rest of the course??? I would assume an investigation would be done for cheating, but I was at a race this year where NOTHING was done in this scenario and an athlete collected an AG award and had basically a pro time for the course.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]

People redefine English words all the time. Why should swimming be any different. Doing a lap generally means you finish where you started. As a high school and college swimmer back in the 70s, a lap equaled 2 lengths. But maybe this is new math.

Now please, back to the 38 min swimmer guy.

================================
blog
twitter

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [bmeer] [ In reply to ]

Can someone point me to the Newbz thread. I gotta read that shit.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [supersilly] [ In reply to ]

supersilly wrote:
sportstats wrote:
Yep, we are adding more mats just to catch anyone cheating....we had timing mats at every turn around.

We could not have all of them LIVE to http://www.ironman.com because LP has no cell reception on some locations like the Turn on Hazelton, the Turn on River road but everything else was covered.

You should see the string of emails and call that went out to catch that guy, 3 of my crew tried to stop him and he kept yelling he did 2 laps.

Jimmy R. stopped him at the first station on the bike, Jimmy made him return to Transition and I got the chip back around 10am...

However, what do you do when an athlete is missing a timing mat split, but otherwise has other splits for the rest of the course??? I would assume an investigation would be done for cheating, but I was at a race this year where NOTHING was done in this scenario and an athlete collected an AG award and had basically a pro time for the course.

Yep, these are the type of examples we hear about, and nothing seems to be done, which the reason to ask, why have the mats?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

supersilly wrote:
sportstats wrote:

I wonder what goes though those guys heads, I guess if I've been doing IM for 15 years and I'm always last maybe I could see cheating to get into kona for one last hurrah

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [dongustav] [ In reply to ]

X2

Bethel Cycle is a class act, they don't deserve to be dragged down because of this guy. Bethel has some of the better cyclist in Connecticut, I don't know how this guy made their "team".

I was at Rev3 this year, as well as the past 2. I REALLY wish I had known here was a way to cheat the run course, especially the last damn mile.

I don't know this guy, but it would be fun to bump into him at a race and see if he comes out in front of me, you know, being the pro swimmer that he is.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]

Hey, just scanning through this thread, has this guy gotten an official ST name in the vein of Finman? Phantom-mat-man? I don't know, but someone has to come up with a good name, or the entertainment value diminishes.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [jgarza22] [ In reply to ]

jgarza22 wrote:
Can someone point me to the Newbz thread. I gotta read that shit.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tring=bmeer;#3009350

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tring=newbz;#3008996

and here's the true gem
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ofighterfan;#3008451

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]

devashish_paul wrote:
Hey, just scanning through this thread, has this guy gotten an official ST name in the vein of Finman? Phantom-mat-man? I don't know, but someone has to come up with a good name, or the entertainment value diminishes.

A 38-minute IM swim?

devashish_paul wrote:

Maybe?

#cureMS

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]

WelshinPhilly wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

A 38-minute IM swim?

Where are the timing chips on this guy? Is he sending them up the race course on an electric scooter for the bike course or a guy on a mountain bike for the run course? Sheesh, if these guys are going to cheat, seems like there are much better ways than missing mats when you can send the chip up the course to cross the mats with outside assistance using green transport that is faster than the actual events, but still steers clear of having to use fossil fuels...they can cheat and be environmentally aware.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]

h2ofun wrote:
supersilly wrote:
sportstats wrote:

Yep, these are the type of examples we hear about, and nothing seems to be done, which the reason to ask, why have the mats?

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I keep the heat on this....and I might have another good story to that fits PERFECTLY into this line of ST postings......not for IMLP, but another WTC event. I mean, WHY HAVE THE MATS IF YOU DON'T USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]

Had a friend catch him on video. You can see him look at his watch as he comes around the corner.

http://www.youtube.com/...re=player_detailpage

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [KoNP] [ In reply to ]

KoNP wrote:
supersilly wrote:
sportstats wrote:

I wonder what goes though those guys heads, I guess if I've been doing IM for 15 years and I'm always last maybe I could see cheating to get into kona for one last hurrah

Unfortunately, the instance of someone missing splits WAS used to get to Kona...and they quickly took the slot. I kid you not. EVERYONE else had intermediate split BUT this person.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [BostonZZZ] [ In reply to ]

BostonZZZ wrote:
Had a friend catch him on video. You can see him look at his watch as he comes around the corner.

hahaha...did you see the volunteers hoofing it after him?

Not sure about the name for the athlete, but a possible name for the incident could be the One-Loop Dupe (as in..."remember the one-loop dupe of 2012....?)

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [kny] [ In reply to ]

Really?

how do you know finman was only a "one-time" cheater? We only know that he got caught once.

I love the volunteers chasing him!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [M~] [ In reply to ]

M~ wrote:
BostonZZZ wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supersilly wrote:
M~ wrote:
BostonZZZ wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I think they let him get away?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [kny] [ In reply to ]

kny wrote:
World's greatest slowtwitch comment ever was in regards to this shoe:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=3009434#3009434

Thanks! I appreciate the kudos.

F'ing great video!!!

Prev Next