Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [ridgerd] [ In reply to ]

ridgerd wrote:
2010: 1:18 / 7:28 / 3:51 = 12:51
2011: no result / 6:46 / 3:51 = 11:44 - means sub 1hr swim / T1 combined...

so he went from 78 min to ~55min to 38min... pretty consistent improvement!

He pretty obviously got away with a one lap swim last year and would have if he had dogged it a bit this year too.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Jeff Spicoli] [ In reply to ]

Newbz is doing IMs now?!?

speedySTATES

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]

Even the year with the legitimate swim look suspect then. How many guys do you know that ride 7:28 and follow it up with a 3:51 run??

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]

nedbraden wrote:
I am stunned nobody has posted his name, email address and phone number and that nobody has sent an email to his employer. I mean, this is Slowtwitch.

LOL

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [jasondubose] [ In reply to ]

jasondubose wrote:
omg hahahaha watching thread...

Same here: http://bit.ly/jH9wtA

Mediocre Athlete: Stumbling across the finish line since 2008.
http://www.mediocreathlete.com

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [SatMark] [ In reply to ]

There really is no way to cheat the run at IMLP.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]

According to Athlinks he has done multiple open water swim races. His time in the Quassapaug Sailing Center Open Water Swim Festival 3 mile race went from 1:21 in 2009 to 1:09 in 2010. That's a damn huge improvement. Not out of the realm of possibility but still strange given the recent events.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [exstyle] [ In reply to ]

exstyle wrote:
According to Athlinks he has done multiple open water swim races. His time in the Quassapaug Sailing Center Open Water Swim Festival 3 mile race went from 1:21 in 2009 to 1:09 in 2010. That's a damn huge improvement. Not out of the realm of possibility but still strange given the recent events.

Athlete tracker shows him doing 36:47 for the first loop of the swim. I'd say that's pretty telling.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]

Link to his Athlinks results.

http://athlinks.com/racer/results/102257551

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [exstyle] [ In reply to ]

I had a 5 hour ride home from IMLP today and I thought a bit during the ride about this guys thought process.....
Two scenarios...

1.He is a cheater who thought he would somehow come out with the top age groupers and slower pros and blend in with them. My theory is he screwed up and came out too fast. Once he excited there really wasnt much time to decide whether to go right to the transition or go left back in the water. Once he started running, there was no turning back, and he was sprinting WAY faster than everyone else. Kinda like "ride it like you stole it".....it was NOT the transition run of a normal athlete.

2. At the time, my first reaction was he made a bet with a friend. " I bet you I can beat Andy Potts out of transition" Or " I bet you I can lead the race for a mile or so." ... something dumb but then he would voluntarily drop out.

This is why I posted this....hoping someone would know the guy from prior races and get his MO.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [tri_rhody] [ In reply to ]

tri_rhody wrote:
i was a stripper yesterday and they tried to stop him several times, in fact one of the other strippers got in front of him and he kept on running, they sent two volunteers after him as well as calling and radioing to T1 but he was long gone. He had to try to avoid the cattle heard of swimmers moving on to lap two as well as the volunteers blocking the path up the beach...

I was right there and I believe the two strippers did catch the swimmer as I overheard them telling a swim official when they got back that the guy was insistent that he swam both laps

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [sciguy] [ In reply to ]

What's up with the 43 min T1?

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]

The 1500 meter in pool record is something like 14:36 which is about 58.5 sec/100 meters.

A 38 minute swim is 59 sec/100 meters.

So...I think USA swimming should call this guy up...I bet he'd go faster with flip turns!

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [prattzc] [ In reply to ]

prattzc wrote:

Sure there is, that mat on the out and back is a cheater mat....I know someone who cheated there. Got a Kona slot too.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Looking at the IMFL swim, I'd be surprised if people aren't cheating left and right.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [ridgerd] [ In reply to ]

curious - are their splits for the two swims listed.

Anyone who can really swim a 55 isn't making the one lap "mistake".

Need to be a bit trickier like the spaniards in the UK.

2013 Battenkill - Rock the Ridge 50 - AmZof Chris Gleason Memorial - Rev3 Half - IM Tremblant - SOS - Stone Mill 50

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

Why do you say that?

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Jeff Spicoli] [ In reply to ]

Haha...

I came out in front of this guy and while entering my 2nd lap heard the announcer say "Come on age grouper..2 laps no way you did 2 laps!!". I started laughing...

That would have been faster then Potts lol

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [SatMark] [ In reply to ]

SatMark wrote:
Even the year with the legitimate swim look suspect then. How many guys do you know that ride 7:28 and follow it up with a 3:51 run??

Exactly what I was thinking

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

nedbraden wrote:
I am stunned nobody has posted his name, email address and phone number and that nobody has sent an email to his employer. I mean, this is Slowtwitch.

Hahaha so true.

Yea cmon guys someone call his family who spent their kids college funds to see daddy race!

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [prattzc] [ In reply to ]

prattzc wrote:

Well, you could do this pretty easily and still hit the timing mats at the end of each out-and-back:
http://goo.gl/maps/eWJvn

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [kny] [ In reply to ]

kny wrote:
prattzc wrote:

Well, you could do this pretty easily and still hit the timing mats at the end of each out-and-back:
http://goo.gl/maps/eWJvn

I think I would rather do the proper route than have to run that one!

Record10Carbon wrote:
that mat on the out and back is a cheater mat....

OK, I'll bite -- what's a cheater mat? Please indulge me.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [rhys] [ In reply to ]

I'm totally going to swim only one loop at IMC this year to save time! Oh wait...maybe just one bike loop, crap. Then just one loop on the run? Frig, what a stupid race!

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman

nedbraden wrote:

I think you have this place confused with Pirate4X

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com