Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [BostonZZZ] [ In reply to ]

The volunteer chasing him is amazing! Dammit, I am getting no work done today. I just had to re-read all the newbz threads too.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [supersilly] [ In reply to ]

supersilly wrote:
M~ wrote:
BostonZZZ wrote:
Had a friend catch him on video. You can see him look at his watch as he comes around the corner.

http://www.youtube.com/...re=player_detailpage

hahaha...did you see the volunteers hoofing it after him?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! Damn, that's funny.

Well - I guess he sure did get to "feel like a rockstar" as he was "leading the race" there for a very brief while (in his mind).

Somebody should post that vid to the Bethel Cycles forum too.
They might as well get to see this clown in action before they send him packing.

float , hammer , and jog

Post deleted by Hydro [ In reply to ]
Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
supersilly wrote:
M~ wrote:
BostonZZZ wrote:
Had a friend catch him on video. You can see him look at his watch as he comes around the corner.

http://www.youtube.com/...re=player_detailpage

hahaha...did you see the volunteers hoofing it after him?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! Damn, that's funny.

Well - I guess he sure did get to "feel like a rockstar" as he was "leading the race" there for a very brief while (in his mind).

Somebody should post that vid to the Bethel Cycles forum too.
They might as well get to see this clown in action before they send him packing.

OH MY GOD WOULD THAT BE FUNNY.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]

Bryancd wrote:
I love the volunteers chasing him!

And the comments captured on the video in real time...he ain't fooling anyone anymore.

First volunteer was hauling ass.

He is not a current member of our club (and I don't recall him ever being in our club).

Greg Pelican President of Bethel Cycle Sport.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Pelican] [ In reply to ]

Pelican wrote:
He is not a current member of our club (and I don't recall him ever being in our club).

So he lied about that as well. I'm loosing track here...

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]

was that 1 or 2 volunteers chasing him down? i can't believe he got out of t1.

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [mag900] [ In reply to ]

mag900 wrote:
was that 1 or 2 volunteers chasing him down? i can't believe he got out of t1.

Yeah that was his fastest split of the day.

Bryancd wrote:
Pelican wrote:

So he lied about that as well. I'm loosing track here...

Video is too funny. Do you think when he checked his watch he realized he had a new course record? A little fist pump in celebration would have been nice!

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [alittleslow] [ In reply to ]

Patience...you can read all about it when his "race report" comes out!

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [alittleslow] [ In reply to ]

alittleslow wrote:
Video is too funny. Do you think when he checked his watch he realized he had a new course world record? A little fist pump in celebration would have been nice!

Fixed your post for you.

Those volleys are awesome. It would have been classic to see the big dude go all citizens arrest on him, flying tackle and wrestling him to the ground fists flying.

Bryancd wrote:
I love the volunteers chasing him!

It was hilarious. The only thing that I can compare it to was watching the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy running away from everyone .... or possibly Forrest Gump carrying a football. Those volunteers were booking, but that guy was on a mission.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [burnman] [ In reply to ]

You can run from the volunteers. But you can't hide from the slowtwitch posse!

“Read the transcript.”

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]

sslothrop wrote:

....and apparently he reads ST and comments as well. Here is his FB wall or whats visible of it.... Race number on his photo matches his bib number at LP from 2011...

OLE!

https://www.facebook.com/...d.carbone.79?sk=wall

Team Zoot Northeast
Last edited by: gadzooks: Jul 24, 12 12:38

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]

Not bad but I kinda like SwimMan.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [BostonZZZ] [ In reply to ]

Even the kid spectating noted "I think the age grouper came out too soon." :-)

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [gadzooks] [ In reply to ]

I just assumed he was the one that said 1 length equals a lap?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012

gadzooks wrote:
sslothrop wrote:

....and apparently he reads ST and comments as well. Here is his FB wall or whats visible of it.... Race number on his photo matches his bib number at LP from 2011...

OLE!

https://www.facebook.com/...d.carbone.79?sk=wall

Post that link again Mike, it didn't work.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project

Looks like he rides a P4 .... Now we have to question all of Cervelo's drag data

/pink

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [zoom] [ In reply to ]

zoom wrote:
Looks like he rides a P4 .... Now we have to question all of Cervelo's drag data

/pink

At least in that photo he's clearly not guilty of his seat being to high! Maybe he has some redeeming qualities?!

Team Zoot Northeast

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [kkoole] [ In reply to ]

kkoole wrote:
alittleslow wrote:

Video is too funny. Do you think when he checked his watch he realized he had a new course world record? A little fist pump in celebration would have been nice!

Fixed your post for you.

Those volleys are awesome. It would have been classic to see the big dude go all citizens arrest on him, flying tackle and wrestling him to the ground fists flying.

Thank you for the correction. Need to give him his the kudos he deserves

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [Jeff Spicoli] [ In reply to ]

Jeff Spicoli wrote:
To answer the question how he was dealt with. I staff member from the race told me they pulled him over on the course and took his chip, then sent him on his merry way to ride his bike. Not sure where he ended up after that.

I thought this might be same guy who I saw who cut the bike course, and now I'm certain it is. I passed him on the stretch of 9N from Upper Jay to Jay and thought he must have been a GREAT swimmer because he wasn't moving all that fast on the bike, but he was still very close to the front of the race. I caught and passed him for a second time going from Wilmington back up 86 to Lake Placid and realized he must have cut the Ausable Forks out and back. I never thought to check his ankle to see if he still had a chip because he definitely had his race numbers on. Guess he was just out for a joyride at that point, but he definitely had me confused for little bit. I was wondering when he was going to get caught for cutting the course, but I guess it had already happened!

Re: 38 Minute Swim Guy At IMLP [dmorris] [ In reply to ]

Dude, you had an awesome race on Sunday.

It's funny that you mention passing this guy multiple times. I have to believe that there's some legal liability to this guy being out on the course after his DQ. I'm surprised that the directors let him continue onward since he was technically not part of the race anymore. Sure, in paying the fees and signing the waver he was covered as a racer, but once you're DQed, doesn't that basically warrant your removal from the race course?? Otherwise, you're just another unnecessary hazard. In this guy's case, you're a d-bag AND a hazard - which is doubly distracting.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell

Prev Next