Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
love seeing Bookwalter up there
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got this from Steephill.tv sorry I posted too late.
http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube3/?title=live+video&dashboard=strade-bianche&id=n9RfvHCxEnk&yr=2016

Sagan, Fab, ZS
awesome
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twilkas wrote:
2 ettix riders. will they find a way to lose?
Was there ever any doubt?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1 - I thought the solo was gonna make it, Fabian clearly waited to long
2 - ha!
3 - surprised that Sagan wasn't more violent at the end. he seemed to coast the final 500m at Omloop. I thought he was going for this.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know right? I had that feeling from about 5K out...he's going to crack....he's going to crack (Sagan, that is). And on that mother of a climb, he did. Marvelous ride by Brambilla. He deserves the podium as much as anyone today - maybe more than Stybar. Chapeau.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same thing about Sagan. He managed to keep his cool when to others attacked, so I thought I had something left for the finale.

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Alvin Tostig wrote:
Twilkas wrote:
2 ettix riders. will they find a way to lose?

Was there ever any doubt?

they beauty of cycling :) not always the strongest team/rider wins.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a fantastic race, the last 20km I was yelling out loud here in excitement; pumped for Fabian!
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't say they found a way to lose as much as FC beat them. Stybar looked primed to put it on him in finale but it was too tight on run in. FC seemed to know when to drill it--where Kwiat blew away Sagan to win--and not let him by, then it was too late.

If anything, it's a strong reminder of how cagey FC is.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
I wouldn't say they found a way to lose as much as FC beat them. Stybar looked primed to put it on him in finale but it was too tight on run in. FC seemed to know when to drill it--where Kwiat blew away Sagan to win--and not let him by, then it was too late.

He's learned a lot more racecraft. Basically the first person at 200m to go wins, and he timed it just right
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Agree. You can't fault the Etixx-QS tactics today.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah u don't see him throwin those 10-15-20k to go solo attacks (dragging half of the field sometimes) anymore.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Last edited by: LuisDF: Mar 5, 16 16:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
Yeah u don't see him throwin those 10-15-20k to go solo attacks (dragging half of the field sometimes) anymore.

Except a few weeks ago when he did a solo attack 23k out and won
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was waiting for that one ha!

Again he doesn't do it as usual as he once did that was my point.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
I was waiting for that one ha!

Again he doesn't do it as usual as he once did that was my point.

I think after Roubaix in 201 he just quit dragging people around, this year might be a bit different as he has nothing left to loose. It is always such a hard balance between closing a gap and not dragging somebody else along for the ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
Probably because he has been injured a lot the last few seasons and therefore didn't race enough at his peak level. Great to have him back at peak strength. Respect for the man...
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
LuisDF wrote:
Probably because he has been injured a lot the last few seasons and therefore didn't race enough at his peak level. Great to have him back at peak strength. Respect for the man...

Cancellara is a smarter rider than he used to be. He would have been world champion instead of Evans if he would have waited for the right moment instead of showing off how strong he was. His rivals are more formidable than they were four or five years ago so he does not have the leeway he used to have. He has lost a half step or so as well. There is a reason why this is his last season.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be cool if Cancellara releases some SRM files after he retires. I´d be interested in what it takes to drop everyone on the paterberg and kwaremont.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [v0coder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, not a classic or one-day race, but looks like Bouhani just earned himself a relegation in the final sprint at Paris-Nice. Judges looking at it, I think.

And damn it looks cold....when you have pros finishing races with arm / leg warmers, full finger gloves and headbands, you know it ain't warm!

ETA - Yup, Bouhanni got relegated. michael Matthews gets the win.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Last edited by: Power13: Mar 8, 16 8:20
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll watch it again but I saw shouldering from both guys. Actually all 3. Tough call. Looked like an argy bargy finish but not dirty. Maybe Bouhani closed that line out against the barrier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shut up, McNulty. Bouhani checked him into the boards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
impressive that they all stayed upright
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Shut up, McNulty. Bouhani checked him into the boards.

I'm glad you said it before I had too!!!

I actually thought his first hard move to the left could have earned him a relegation, but the second move to the left was blatant, especially when you view it from above.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holy crap, that was an impressively long sprint effort from Gavaria. Sprinting on his hoods, no less
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's really good, not just power but positioning. No wonder they were so willing to let Cav go.
Quote Reply

Prev Next