Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [AWC3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realize this was the start, but its not what I'd want to see before the longest monument.

11:15:11 CEST
More staggering images coming in from team cars on their way out to the feed zones.

09:55:36 CEST
So, the race kicks off at 10:15 local time and the team buses have arrived at Liège's Place St Lambert, where the conditions are wet and miserable. Riders are currently making their way to and from the podium for sign-on.
Last edited by: dsmallwood: Apr 24, 16 4:52
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [late race cobbled climb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, that looked hellish
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was this the closest ever spring classics pool? Congrats!
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks; although last year it was tied

you did pick the most number of winners though. I'm doing this the BAR race style (aka been to all the races) without actually winning
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecahppist et al, I appreciate this thread each year as I use it as a source to spur further reading to stay up to speed on my most favorite time of year of bike racing. Just didn't want the season to close out without saying so; thx all for the insights and comments. GT's are great, but this time of year is special.

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twilkas wrote:
ecahppist et al, I appreciate this thread each year as I use it as a source to spur further reading to stay up to speed on my most favorite time of year of bike racing. Just didn't want the season to close out without saying so; thx all for the insights and comments. GT's are great, but this time of year is special.
you are most welcome. rest assured, i'll do something similar for the other classics races of the year

echappist wrote:
thanks; although last year it was tied

you did pick the most number of winners though. I'm doing this the BAR race style (aka been to all the races) without actually winning

opps. corrections, that honor actually goes to Carl Spackler, who would know something about winning as he has a stars & stripes skinsuit

also McNulty made the right call on Zahkarin, who surely will go into beast mode at Romandie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this was fun, thanks for organizing, let's keep talking racing
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, for sure, thanks for putting this together, echappist. I'm having withdrawals but will find a way to carry on until next March.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remembered Carl Spackler having led in the "most winners" category mid-season so I was skeptical ;)

Thanks for keeping score and providing the motivation!
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and thank you all for participating. perhaps we could get something started for the late season races (San Sebastian, Olympics, Plouay, the two Canadian races, and Worlds). Though truth be told, they just don't have the same feel of the spring classics...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe we go stage hunting, picking Giro stage winners and a GC top 10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good racing in Tour of Romandie...interesting to see Ilnur "Menchov" Zacharin up there, with Joe D meanwhile doing good work for Rolland and Uran......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
good racing in Tour of Romandie...interesting to see Ilnur "Menchov" Zacharin up there, with Joe D meanwhile doing good work for Rolland and Uran......

well, he did win it last year, but yeah i'd trust an used sales car dealer more than i trust him

TJ once again is just tanking it on the climbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Froome is getting a bit of an ass-kicking today in the TT.

Wait...hold that. Maybe I read the graphic wrong. Did that last time check just show him in first?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Last edited by: Power13: Apr 29, 16 7:23
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.steephill.tv/2016/giro-d-italia/usa-live-video-note.html

What do we think of this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw this, I would only pay if all cycling was on one channel like Eurosport in the UK. Not a few races like they are offering.

Cycling Hub has an amazing stream and will watch most stages on there. It is 1-2 minutes behind other streams
I recently moved and no longer have Fios where I did have Bein Sport. Now I have Xfinity/Comcast with BEIN Sport not available.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also created a Giro league on Velogames
Enter by tomorrow night!

League Name: Slowtwitch
League Code: 04163558
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:
I saw this, I would only pay if all cycling was on one channel like Eurosport in the UK. Not a few races like they are offering.

Cycling Hub has an amazing stream and will watch most stages on there. It is 1-2 minutes behind other streams
I recently moved and no longer have Fios where I did have Bein Sport. Now I have Xfinity/Comcast with BEIN Sport not available.

$7 (or $10) for a month isn't too bad considering the Giro will be the only big event (other than ToC). The channel also provides futbol coverage, which may be its main draw.

i guess if one likes to watch Ligue 1 and La Liga matches, there are additional values to that package. But i don't. I'd prefer Bundesliga, EPL, Champions League, and USMNT coverage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:
Also created a Giro league on Velogames
Enter by tomorrow night!

League Name: Slowtwitch
League Code: 04163558
Thanks, Chris. This should be fun!

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because it's never too early to start thinking about next year, the Muur is coming back to the Tour of Flanders:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...17-tour-of-flanders/
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Ken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ken wrote:
Because it's never too early to start thinking about next year, the Muur is coming back to the Tour of Flanders:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...17-tour-of-flanders/

(Although with 100k to go, it won't be decisive, but great to see it back!)

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply

Prev Next