Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's brown alright but I'm not following. I took a few years off from following cycling between 2001 and 2011 or 12.

Cadel won a Giro stage on Strade Bianche roads (white) and got muddy (brown). Not sure where the stage finished.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velonews is reporting that RCS will name a gravel sector after each of its (future) three time winners. Given that Cancellara is the only repeat winner, he has a chance to get sector 6 named after him if he wins this weekend.

So if Cancellara gets a sector named after him for three victories, what does Sagan get if he comes in 2nd for a third time?

... the feed zone?
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kollac wrote:
it's brown alright but I'm not following. I took a few years off from following cycling between 2001 and 2011 or 12.

Cadel won a Giro stage on Strade Bianche roads (white) and got muddy (brown). Not sure where the stage finished.

timbasile wrote:
Velonews is reporting that RCS will name a gravel sector after each of its (future) three time winners. Given that Cancellara is the only repeat winner, he has a chance to get sector 6 named after him if he wins this weekend.

So if Cancellara gets a sector named after him for three victories, what does Sagan get if he comes in 2nd for a third time?

... the feed zone?

three sets of steak knives, duh ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having a hard time picking this one but I'm feeling Sagan getting revenge for last weekend.
Sagan, Stybar, Nibali.
WC: Valverde and GvA

Edit: With the rain I'm flipping Stybar and Valverde
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Mar 4, 16 6:32
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Having a hard time picking this one but I'm feeling Sagan getting revenge for last weekend.
Sagan, Valverde, Nibali.
WC: Stybar and GvA

we pretty much are calling the same five, albeit in different order. i'm thinking of booting Nibali from the list though as he didn't fare well last time he raced the white roads in the rain...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
bump. Strade Bianche coming up next, and apparently it'll be raining. i don't think the race has ever been held in the rain. Picks subject to change

Podium: Stybar Ulissi Valverde, in that order
WC: Nibali and GvA

Podium: Kwiat, Sybar, Valverde
WC: Bakelants and GvA
Last edited by: echappist: Mar 3, 16 22:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm giving this a shot:

Podium: Nibali, Stybar and Sagan
WC: Kwiat and Gesink

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The rain is gonna make this nasty........and awesome

Podium - Sagan, Nibali, Stybar

WC - Cancellara and Benoot

Also, hoping none of the big hitters crash out for the rest of the classics
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
kollac wrote:

timbasile wrote:

... the feed zone?

three sets of steak knives, duh ;)

And not a single drop of coffee.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Here's a hint: what's the color of mud?
Funny no one answered...I would assume you are talking about "Terra di Siena" aka the painters pigment "Sienna", in raw and burnt variations. But the Giro stage 7 ended in Montalcino, which is ~40 km from Siena.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [markg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markg wrote:
echappist wrote:
Here's a hint: what's the color of mud?
Funny no one answered...I would assume you are talking about "Terra di Siena" aka the painters pigment "Sienna", in raw and burnt variations. But the Giro stage 7 ended in Montalcino, which is ~40 km from Siena.

and for what is this particular town renowned? I already gave away half of the answer in a previous post ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brunello. rich , red , delicious.

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually that would be Brunello, the king of wines. Rosso is Brunello's little sister.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twilkas wrote:
Brunello. rich , red , delicious.

Carl Spackler wrote:
Actually that would be Brunello, the king of wines.

It's good to know that we have at least two people who aren't bike racing philistines :)

always surprise me how you can get a really good bottle of brunello for ~$50 whereas a Burgundy or Bourdeaux of similar quality would cost twice the amount. Perhaps it's better that way...

Quote:
Rosso is Brunello's little sister.

more like the red-headed step child, but Brunello is a bit rich for my wallet at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's obvious why I didn't know what the heck you were talking about - last bottle of "wine" I purchased cost $5.99...

will you guys be watching the race? If so, what service/channel? I am not set up with TunnelBear/Eurosport yet as I was out of town last weekend (blowing stuff up with guns and tannerite...another reason I miss cues about Tuscan wine:).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in wine country. General oenology is a requisite within 36 months of changing address.

Few years ago we stayed at an agriturismo at the top of the final hill/climb from that epic Giro stage, about 3k from Montalcino. Incredible area, and I rolled a lot of white road. If Trump gets voted in, screw Canada; I'm moving there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strade Picks
Nibali
Stybar
Avermaet
W.C. Valverde, Sagan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
I live in wine country. General oenology is a requisite within 36 months of changing address.

Few years ago we stayed at an agriturismo at the top of the final hill/climb from that epic Giro stage, about 3k from Montalcino. Incredible area, and I rolled a lot of white road. If Trump gets voted in, screw Canada; I'm moving there.

Ooh...hadn't considered that option as a sanctuary. I like it!

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is sort of on-topic (spring classics) but not remotely related to Italian wine. Quite good nevertheless. Velonews channeling the Velominati.

http://velonews.competitor.com/...egwarmer-code_397158

Apologies for the digression.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

wow, I just took another look at that Giro stage. that was brutal. awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pretty good live stream going on. the weather seems decent.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
source?
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nevermind. Steephill streams are great. First one I clicked on (Italian)...solid. FIgured I'd try Eurosport in English which has never worked for me right....worked as well!

WOOOOO. 40K left. No rain...bummer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KABOOOOM. The race is blowing up. What a group!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 ettix riders. will they find a way to lose?

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next