Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: viewing the classics [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WC jersey seems to suit him.

I am guessing the spring campaign target for Sagan is Flanders and Paris Roubaix - still a month away.

He'll need more team support at both of those.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: viewing the classics [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
It appeared to be a "training weekend" for Sagan. Getting his racing legs back. In the finale at OmLoop, and doing a lot of work in the break to keep it away, and then at KBK, indeed, he was the only rider to be able to bridge across the gap solo, on a very windy day. He showed himself at the front of the race a bit, checked things out, but then must have sat up and drifted back to the chasing peleton, where he ended up contesting the field sprint, for second, and acquitting himself reasonably well.

One thing I noticed, and maybe it was because, I missed things, not one other Tinkoff rider supporting Sagan - he did all of this from what I could tell on his own!

And with hairy legs too! You know he's still gearing up when he didn't bother to shave his legs.

I wonder if it cost him OHN.... A few extra watts for a few hours and it adds up in the sprint.
Quote Reply
Re: viewing the classics [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And with hairy legs too! You know he's still gearing up when he didn't bother to shave his legs.

Good grief! :)

That's always been my spring look as well!

Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supersquid wrote:
Quote:
on demand for 7 days afterwards. Best is to use the Dutch eurosport site (http://www.eurosportplayer.nl). Also, apparently ES player doesn't play well with Firefox but works on IE and certain configurations of Chrome.

Thanks. I used a VPN and Eurosport player and it worked well. It worked on Firefox but I had a few issues here and there so maybe I'll switch to IE and see if that helps.

Excellent start to the Classics season!

I have been seeing people mentioning KODI which is available through the amazon firestick. Its a way to get any TV app for free including international apps.

I don't understand how it works or how to even get started. Its very confusing and I am sure very illegal but I would love to figure it out to get the Eurosport app for free.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump. Strade Bianche coming up next, and apparently it'll be raining. i don't think the race has ever been held in the rain. Picks subject to change

Podium: Stybar Ulissi Valverde, in that order
WC: Nibali and GvA
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fabian, Valverde, Stybar

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
Fabian, Valverde, Stybar

Fabian, Sagan/GVA, Valverde.

he he he

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those two will be your WC picks :p
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Giro rode the "white roads" in the rain a few years back (2012?) and it looked ugly.

Has anyone seen the entry list for the women's race? A friend from years back is supposed to be making her European pro debut for Inpa-Bianchi.
Edit: never mind - found it:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/strade-bianche-womens-start-list-1/
INPA - Bianchi 101 Bethany Ann Allen (USA)
Last edited by: markg: Mar 2, 16 13:56
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [markg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markg wrote:
The Giro rode the "white roads" in the rain a few years back (2012?) and it looked ugly.

Yup....Cadel won that stage in the WC jersey (not that you would know it form the pic below)

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great shot, plaster of paris with a spray gun, pfffffffftt.
Strade Bianche quickly became a fave of mine. Thanks to all of you guys who contribute here for the insights to pro cycling i'd not otherwise have,
I look forward to this thread each year. Cheers!

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

that is a great pic. i remember him looking similar in a TdF stage win. perhaps in 2012?
mudders are badasses
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
markg wrote:

Yup....Cadel won that stage in the WC jersey (not that you would know it form the pic below)

without doing research on the internet, name a) the finishing town on that day and b) explain why the color of mud is significant to the said town
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cuddles won only one non-TT stage in the TdF, and that was in 2011
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Power13 wrote:
markg wrote:

without doing research on the internet, name a) the finishing town on that day and b) explain why the color of mud is significant to the said town

I'll be straight-up honest and call a fail on myself. Won't even try and claim I remembered after I actually googled it. Wink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
echappist wrote:
Power13 wrote:
markg wrote:

I'll be straight-up honest and call a fail on myself. Won't even try and claim I remembered after I actually googled it. Wink

i appreciate the honesty. Question is open to others as well. Carl Spackler, however, may need to abstain
Quote Reply
Post deleted by markg [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: markg: Mar 2, 16 19:53
Re: viewing the classics [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Fleck wrote:
It appeared to be a "training weekend" for Sagan. Getting his racing legs back. In the finale at OmLoop, and doing a lot of work in the break to keep it away, and then at KBK, indeed, he was the only rider to be able to bridge across the gap solo, on a very windy day. He showed himself at the front of the race a bit, checked things out, but then must have sat up and drifted back to the chasing peleton, where he ended up contesting the field sprint, for second, and acquitting himself reasonably well.

One thing I noticed, and maybe it was because, I missed things, not one other Tinkoff rider supporting Sagan - he did all of this from what I could tell on his own!

I wonder if it cost him OHN.... A few extra watts for a few hours and it adds up in the sprint.

you should see his head:

Last edited by: coates_hbk: Mar 3, 16 3:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

dang, you are correct. 2010 Giro, stage 7. I think the previous post reminded me .... of itself. LOL

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it end in Sienna? Or are we talking about something else here. No clue on the color. I'll be back with my picks but I'm putting Peto down for 2nd again ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"Cuddles" - I always laugh hard when I see that. Where on earth did that nick-name for Cadel come from?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, my picks:

1. Fabian
2. Peto
3. Zdeno

WC: GvA, Stuyven

I think Kwiato is too small and will get blown off his bike, Same with Valverde.
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a hint: what's the color of mud?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going withe the mudders.

Sagan, Stybar, Cancellara

WC: valVerde, Nibali
Quote Reply
Re: **SPOILERS 2016 Spring Classics Thread SPOILERS** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another hint: where's a good oenophile when you need one.

PS. i be dropping sesquipedalian lexicon on you like the U.S. dropping baloney on Afghanistan...
Quote Reply

Prev Next