Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Height & Weight of Triathletes? [trimanjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my prime wieght is 180-185 and i'm 6 foot even. i have been lighter and didn't feel good at that wieght. as far as a 'typical' goes i don't think there is a typical triaathlete or typical athlete of any sort. i knew a guy we called 'the fat' and he could out hump us on most excerises. he was a round guy who looked more like someone who did the yearly 5k instead of some one who won 50m mile ultra marathons.

don't try to loose muscle!!! i know some will argue with me on this but loosing muscle on purpose is bad news. nature knows how much you should have.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Height & Weight of Triathletes? [ultra-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6-4, 195. And man, I've had to work to get to 195.

My weight is falling and I'm gonna shoot for 185 for IM Moo. Now I'm really in no-man's land: too big to be fast, and too light to be a Clydesdale.

And yes, size matters.

-- Big EE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That does it! Reading the responses to this post confirms my belief that I'm out there racing against a bunch of guys with a 20 -30 pound weight advantage. At 6'0" tall and 177 1/2 lbs. (as of this morning) I'm just too heavy. That weight is actually the lightest I've been in 7 years after spending 10 years lifting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'9, 215lbs. Hope to be at or below 200 for IMOO. Feel much slower now than last summer at 200, especially on run. I think 190 would be the lowest I could go. Was always around 190 in HS and College Hockey. I do alright in swim and flat bike courses but hills and run kill me.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's fair to say that most ITU athletes could have second careers as Horse Jockey's. just kidding....kinda.

I'm 6'2" and 166, and hope to be closer to 162 for my "A" races...btw.

I think the "typical" short course guy is 5'10" or less, and 150 or less. Some of the long course guys tend to be a little taller and lankier. I'm not even going to comment on the weight of any females b/c that could just get me in trouble.

"The more you sweat today, the less you bleed tomorrow"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off, I haven't yet classified myself as a triathlete since I am still training for my first in June. That being said, I am feeling even more on the fringe after reading everyone's posts. I'm 6'3", 220lbs, size 48 shoe (had to throw that one in there, cuz, you know, big feet ... big..shoes).

Rusty
Quote Reply
Re: Height & Weight of Triathletes? [Rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rusty, you're still a little guy. We've got a friend who is 6'6", 280 lbs and is planning on running his first sprint tri this summer. He's almost twice my weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'10" 200 you've got to be a Clydesdale. That's almost no BF, isn't it??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6-1, my best racing weight is 165.

"My strategy is to start out slow and then peter-out altogether" Walt Stack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5' 8.5" and 158 today. Usually average between 153 and 163. Sadly, though somehow 153 still leaves me with a belly. Heck, one point when I was running and not lifting I was down to like 143 and STILL had a belly. I must be livin' wrong...yeah, I know it's kinda vain, but I've got no love for my belly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
46 years young 6'1" 210lbs size 12 running shoe

Clydesdale!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m 5'10 or 5’11, currently about 172. Would like to get down to 160-165 this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Height & Weight of Triathletes? [Chris A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shit! I am the shortest...

5'7'', 135lbs...will be racing midget this season :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Height & Weight of Triathletes? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's amazing how many people are in the 150 - 160lb range. I'm 6' 2.5" 191 lbs today. Came down from 228.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'9" 3/4 (yeah, that 3/4 means a lot to me) and race at 135. Right now I'm boasting a tire at 145. I've got some work to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Height & Weight of Triathletes? [mts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'10" and 160lbs. 7-8% body fat. Feels like a good weight, recovery is good and easy to maintain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'2"

200lbs.

<5%BF

Ross Hoopingarner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5' 9" around 180 an 10% bodyfat. after years of lifiting to gain muscle i stopped tp lose it. around 20 pounds so far n got 5 to go. i think the last 5 is more beer and cheetos though.
Quote Reply
I'm fat [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5' 6" 145... funny in Judo i'm very small and skinny, in Tris I'm a blimp, but still small
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like I'm the tallest.

just over 6'7" and 198 lbs the minimum clydesdale.
Quote Reply
Re: Height & Weight of Triathletes? [ncooksey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'3.5"

177lbs

...gotta get down to 170 or less so that I can be on "Team Skinny" [bunch of guys in my swim class that are as skinny as crack junkies!].
Quote Reply
Re: Height & Weight of Triathletes? [allezjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'6" 185-188. Down from 200 last year.

scott
Quote Reply
Re: Height & Weight of Triathletes? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't call myself a triathlete yet, but I'm 5'9" and 148 from years of running.

Zeke
Quote Reply
Re: Height & Weight of Triathletes? [ultra-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Male, 31, 170lbs @ 6'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooooooo the weight poured on this fall when my girlfriend moved in and I started eating like a grown up. I'm just shy of 6'3" and am, at age 34, starting to not be a skinny kid anymore. I raced last year at around 170 and ballooned to over 190 during cyclocross season. Ouch! I'm working my way down under 180 and hope to be back to 170 by CdA... baby steps on the weight loss thing. Now that I am down more than 10 pounds, I am way faster. It's so much easier dragging less weight up the steep hills here in Portland, OR. Maybe also because I put away the rain bike, so I'm a combined 20 pounds lighter. Hmmm...see how easy it is to loose weight?
Quote Reply

Prev Next