Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Good news for those of us committed to Trainer Road.

Scott

?

Why would the price of oranges matter at all to someone committed to apples?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More of a general reply, but I just finished my third race maybe an hour ago. It was my first race as a C and I absolutely loved it. I went balls out to start (figuratively, resale value of my bike might be gone if I interpreted that sentiment literally), to hang with the lead pack and then we settled in around 3.0 w/kg. It was tough for me to maintain, but I pushed harder than I would have with TR, which I have used and loved. What really makes Zwift work for me (and I was pretty negative before I started last week) is sites like ZwiftPower.com. I was looking at the results from today’s race and it bumps all of the people who raced as C’s but put out the w/kg of a B... I ended up 2nd out of 25. Sure, it’s not a real race and people can always cheat, but my FTP and weight are accurate and I came in second in my class, so it can’t be all bad/unfair.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because increasing demand for apples supports the supply chain for apples.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That looks awesome - like Microsofts Flight Simulator - but for bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Because increasing demand for apples supports the supply chain for apples.

and if the price of apples goes up the growers of oranges can raise their prices just to be inline....if for no other reason
Last edited by: spntrxi: Nov 17, 17 21:10
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
lmar77 wrote:
How can this be a problem? I spend more on gels for my long Saturday morning ride.

Welcome to Slowtwitch where people get mad about a price increase so Zwift can scale but will have no problem buying new tires or an aero helmet because someone did a test and said it was faster without knowing if it’s actually faster for them or not.

Lol

Hilarious.

No issue from me, but I hope they make the bike riders steer instead of running into one another and bouncing around the rider ahead.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mkb wrote:
They will definitely lose some subscribers with this increase. In my opinion they will lose a lot less if they offer an option to sign up for the entire year for a lump sum of something like $150 (just throwing a number out there...)

That would be good for those who use Zwift year round. I would suspect a large percentage of their customers use it seasonally, such as myself, for what amounts to @ 6 months out of the year, which is $60 (or will be $90 next year). For me, it's well worth the price. I hope they don't change the monthly charge option and ability to suspend your account.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good read.

I use ZWIFT with my Kickr.
The increase doesn't bother me at.

However for a years fees to ZWIFT, you could just buy a garmin Elemnt Bolt for the same price and create your own workouts.

I've only done one or two races but mostly workouts. Even lately I have create my own with Trainingpeaks and upload them.

HOWEVER.....

This is an alternative
https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000215450--How-to-Control-the-KICKR-or-KICKR-SNAP-with-the-ELEMNT-BOLT

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive signed up twice thinking i would like it but I just don't get it.

I have done training plans and races. To me there is nothing social about being by myself on a computer seeing my virtual friends.

Trainer Road has my money and will stay with them

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [Bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just when I was about to pull the trigger. I'll stick with Trainer Road
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about getting into a "smarter trainer" and was thinking about maybe Zwifting as my coaches group now does virtual group rides. All I'd need would be a USB dongle and I can do virtual power on my rollers I think.

Honestly I'm probably more into a PerfPro sort of setup, with a Kickr... pay my $100 for the software, ride workouts, create workouts... create courses I actually race or will race. I suppose I'm probably not a Zwift'er anyway, I don't play video games and I'm more interested in training.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Quantum wrote:
spudone wrote:

Let's additionally point out that while Zwift is based in California, they save money by having their backend server work done by a team in Rio.
Doesn't every startup? If they didn't manage their own team, they'd use a contract firm. Even if they have a good path to success, I'd be shocked if they weren't still running at a significant loss.

As a transfer pricing/tax valuation professional, I hope they have a good service provider... having an international structure at a young age means a lot of wires to trip for the unwary.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's hosted on AWS but I didn't look into it.
There is the physical location of the servers, but the tax consequences and compliance can be challenging to manage (especially if you have people on the ground). For instance, the UK would like to believe that some of Zwift's revenue earned from UK customers (subscribers who get delivered the software in the UK) should be taxable in the UK if they have substantial enough activities there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been looking into Zwift quite a bit for several weeks - and here is my concern.....

$10 - $15 - like so many have said based on all the other coin i drop on triathlon this is no big deal

What DOES seem to me to be the big deal is the platform reliability - and the significant amount of user problems with the software. Look at the zwift FB group - the volume of tech problems is staggering to me.

I will also say I have some serious reservation about a company that goes through several days of massive server problems and outages, who before these things are even resolved announces a price increase?!?!?! That seems like terrible business sences and gives me great pause to become a customer

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [Reddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What issues are those? I don't think I have had a single problem with zwift. Any problems I have had are a result of how i have things set up.

BTW, the new app is 1,000x better than the old one

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been on it for 2 years using a computrainer and have never had a problem with the software.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reddy wrote:
I've been looking into Zwift quite a bit for several weeks - and here is my concern.....

$10 - $15 - like so many have said based on all the other coin i drop on triathlon this is no big deal

What DOES seem to me to be the big deal is the platform reliability - and the significant amount of user problems with the software. Look at the zwift FB group - the volume of tech problems is staggering to me.

I will also say I have some serious reservation about a company that goes through several days of massive server problems and outages, who before these things are even resolved announces a price increase?!?!?! That seems like terrible business sences and gives me great pause to become a customer

Interesting. I've been on Zwift a lot over the last 4 or 5 weeks while writing the articles on Zwift on the ST front page, and have not had any kind of software or server issue. I will have a look at the FB group tonight.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this FB group has a ton of traffic, and in the past day or two less tech problems/crashes/complaints - but scroll through lots of issues - admittedly some are user end issues - but not able to log in???

https://www.facebook.com/groups/zwiftriders/

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most problems are user error or poor equipment. But Zwift does go down (usually on weekends) if the server load gets too high. This happens most often around big charity events when the pros show up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using for a while (I cant specifically recall) but no issues with reliability or software issues.

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I'm late to the party but Zwift is now also selling through traditional retailers like Evans in the UK: https://www.evanscycles.com/...-membership-EV329556.

I posted in this thread because Evans is selling the memberships at the same price as Zwift. As Evans will be taking their cut it suggests part of the price increase was to build in extra an extra profit margin which is then negotiable with second party sellers. I doubt it will be long before we start seeing trainers sold with 'Free 12 month memberships to Zwift'. I think this is more ambitious from a market standpoint than anything I have previously seen from Zwift.

I would also really like to see the discount that is being offered to Evans being offered to existing customers in some manner. I'm thinking along the lines of after a full year of paying they credit your account 1 month i.e. pay 11 months get 1 month free.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I missed another thread on this topic but we are on the cusp of the price increase and I am wondering who is canceling or has canceled their membership. I just canceled mine. As did my wife because we are just going to use TR for a while. Maybe I will come back to it someday soon or hopefully a competitor catches up but for now I am trying to trim my monthly expenses down. Not because I can’t afford it but kind of getting fed up with the growing recurring monthly fees across the board. It is downright scary when I added up all the monthly subscription fees I am/was paying for. To each their own.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [Tri0014] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I canceled mine a couple of months ago but, admittedly, that was primarily due to a lack of use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Besides utilities and insurance - my zwift membership is far and away my favorite subscription service

The thought of going back to sufferfest videos (which I love) or TR for months on end again, training alone with no racing, is scary

I’d prob go back to running
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [Tri0014] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri0014 wrote:
Maybe I missed another thread on this topic but we are on the cusp of the price increase and I am wondering who is canceling or has canceled their membership. I just canceled mine. As did my wife because we are just going to use TR for a while. Maybe I will come back to it someday soon or hopefully a competitor catches up but for now I am trying to trim my monthly expenses down. Not because I can’t afford it but kind of getting fed up with the growing recurring monthly fees across the board. It is downright scary when I added up all the monthly subscription fees I am/was paying for. To each their own.

well, they can take a reduction of 33% and still maintain the same profit

personally, i'm happy with paying $15/month and will continue to do so. only gripe is that i wish i could select the training locale (lower CP loop would be ideal), but other than that, not much to complain from me
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next