Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a Dane, I am deeply offended by your reference to Scandinavian people and rape and pillage.

It is well known fact that this perception is the result of a pernicious PR campaign by the Saxons who could not handle that my forefathers got all the hot girls when they visited for the purpose of cultural exchange and commerce.

Since Vikings bathed twice a year whether they needed it or not, as opposed to standard once a year, and occasionally combed their hair it is entirely understandable that the local woman would prefer their company.

Instead of improving their own hygiene, Saxons resorted to vicious lies.

Please do not aid in this continuing campaign of misinformation.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure no american that posts here ever owned any slaves, but that doesn't entitle them to use the n-word EVER.

Really? I think we're entitled to use whatever words we want.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're not what?

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [jacknine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As a Dane, I am deeply offended by your reference to Scandinavian people and rape and pillage.

It is well known fact that this perception is the result of a pernicious PR campaign by the Saxons who could not handle that my forefathers got all the hot girls when they visited for the purpose of cultural exchange and commerce.

Since Vikings bathed twice a year whether they needed it or not, as opposed to standard once a year, and occasionally combed their hair it is entirely understandable that the local woman would prefer their company.

Instead of improving their own hygiene, Saxons resorted to vicious lies.

Please do not aid in this continuing campaign of misinformation.
Now that is funny.

And remember if your significantly above average that makes you a Great Dane.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are both descended from nice smelling people, something to be proud of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure that Julian was saying that he is not entitled to use whatever words we want as per Paulo.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, my point was that anyone can say pretty much anything they want. "Entitlement" has nothing to do with it.

Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I do not understand is how Paulo is allowed to go off calling someone ignorant, xenophopic, racist and so forth and how this is contributing to the sport of Triathlon and this forum. I would hope that a moderator would send him an email explaining this is not acceptable and to cool it. Also for any other as well as it is not only Paulo that is doing this but it does appear that he as of late, doing most of it.

I will also say that I should not have called or implied that someone is ignorant and arrogant as this does not contribute anything positive to a triathlon forum so I have deleted the comments made in hopes that other will do the same and make this a nice place to talk about all things triathlon.

I would also like to say that if you do not have anything positive to say or that your intentions are to ridicule, humiliate, name call or anything else not constructive maybe it is time to move on.

If someone does continue to do such things, then I would ask the rest of the forum to ignore the person and let them show who they really are to Dan and the other moderators in the hopes that they will be banned.

One last item that I think should be addressed is the user profiles. I would ban everyone until their user profiles are updated with their real names at least to show that their intention on the site are good. I do not see why someone that is hiding behind an anonymous user name should be allowed to post here.

That is my piece for the day.
Last edited by: Bman: Sep 23, 07 9:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would hope that a moderator would send him an email explaining this is not acceptable and to cool it.

Well except that some fo the moderators have a habit of calling people idiot's and using other such adjectives. Hard to to be a hypocrit.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
One last item that I think should be addressed is the user profiles. I would ban everyone until their user profiles are updated with their real names at least to show that their intention on the site are good. I do not see why someone that is hiding behind an anonymous user name should be allowed to post here.

This is truly priceless. You've been posting anonymously on Slowtwitch for over four years, yet in order to add this little paragraph to your anti-Paulo rant, you updated your profile this morning.

Well, nice to meet you, Brian Cropp from Surrey, Canada. Welcome to Slowtwitch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure no american that posts here ever owned any slaves, but that doesn't entitle them to use the n-word EVER.

Really? I think we're entitled to use whatever words we want.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not what?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I did update my profile this morning to add my last name (which I thought was up there) and to change my city from Near Vancouver to Surrey (as I had moved and did not change it). I have not been posting anonymously for 4 years (as you suggest) as I have had my home email address with my last name in it, my first name and my city (Near Vancouver as most people do not know where Surrey or Coquitlam are, North Shore maybe) up the whole time as I do not have anything to hide. The funny thing is Paul emailed me pictures last night at my home email address asking me to post some pictures of Norman and his new bike. How would he have emailed me at home if I was posting anonymously?

Please Paulo, think before you post and have all the details as well. Once again you go off making assumptions before you know all the detail and just guessed that I had been posting anonymously which is so far from the truth.

This will be my last email ever directed at you. Please try to make sure that you are adding constructive and insightful information to ST instead of what you are currently adding. I am sure that I talk for a lot of people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're wasting your breath. Don't you know that Paulo can do no wrong here?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This will be my last email ever directed at you.
That is really too bad, because exposing you for the hypocrite that I showed you to be was really amusing.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [sprinter_mel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He even has several advanced degrees, in a foreign language no less.

Resistance is futile, we must submit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to Bman, you and Sprinter_Mel should be banned.

At least Paulo hasn't been whining about people getting kicked off the forum...

;-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pray tell why?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Do you enjoy being called a North American?

I really don't care what people call me.

But since I am an Earthling, Northern Hemispherion, North American, United States of American, Michigander, troll, Oakland Countian, Noivite. I would not tell someone not to call me any of these which are all accurate and correct.

Now if you called me a Norwegian, British, English, Danish, I would also not be offended because my ancestors came from those regions, along with others I can not recall at the moment.

Oh and If you want to call me Canadian, thats fine to they have a cool flag, you would be wrong but thats ok with me.

Ya know the more I think about it I would like to be called North American (if we all started that it would be one step closer to uniting with Canada (hey aer money is on even exchange now)

As a fellow Englishman to Julian, I support all of his comments 100%....similarly, I am English, not British, but I am a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. Having said that, what I cannot understand is why DavHamm (not to single you out, but simply for example) would want to be called anything but American, as that is his nationality. I do not understand the American infactuation with being anything but American.....I don't know how many times an American has told me they are Polish or German etc.....never American.

Also DavHamm, a correction on the above, should it not be Novi-ite?

Lastly, for clarification, Ireland has nothing to do with Britain, Great Britain, United Kingdom etc. Northern Ireland does, but not the Republic of Ireland...an entirely separate entity.

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You avoided answering my previous question, still waiting.

As for user profiles, I follow the rules. Change them and I will happily comply but your argument is a non sequitur anyway. How do "real" names assure that their intentions are good? Furthermore, are you suggesting a verification process to validate that the "real" name is not an assumed name?.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What was your question then? Enlighten me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few minutes ago you stated:

According to Bman, you and Sprinter_Mel should be banned.

My question to you as well as Bman is why?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Um...

You have to ask Bman, not me. I am pretty sure I never indicated it was my opinion.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But you sure do like to spread it.

On another note, what the hell are all of us doing sitting at our keyboards on what at least in the Midwest is a gorgeous fall day.

Lets ride!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next