Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phew!!! Not banned...yippee:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unnecessary roughness... half distance to the goal... automatic: FIRST DOWN..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not a religious man, but AMEN1 thank you Dan. Personally i think the occasional OT post, usually computers Ipods and such are a good part of the forum but some of the stuff we had lately, c'mon folks.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Hookem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Phew!!! Not banned...yippee:-)
I had the same thoughts...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the guest columnist get banished for the column on the nude lesbian website?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The people who were bumping old threads in an effort to bury the "bad" thread made things even worse than if they just left things alone. Especially ridiculous were all the numerous threads congratulating themselves.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did I miss???

Damn! people getting banned...and on the weekend too???? shouldn't you people be training on the weekends??? Slowtwitch is for goofing off during the work week.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 "Did the guest columnist get banished for the column on the nude lesbian website? "

No. God can't you tell that the Suicide Girls have everything to do with triattlon? Come on it's like totally none offensive and tri related.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did I miss???

Let's just say it was not pretty....low and vile, very hurtful to some good people.

shouldn't you people be training on the weekends???

LOL...some of us work on weekends, at least on Saturdays. ST normally proves a nice diversion then as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What did I miss???

Let's just say it was not pretty....low and vile, very hurtful to some good people.

shouldn't you people be training on the weekends???

LOL...some of us work on weekends, at least on Saturdays. ST normally proves a nice diversion then as well.

Not like me to miss a pissing match.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbs: Given these posts, it would seem you are challenging Slowman to ban you--trolling him, as it were--baiting everyone on the forum. You must feel that this would be the best thing for you. Maybe you should get out and ride the P3.

Anyone ever cheated on their spouse? Mr. Tibbs 359 7 Dec 12, 2005, 9:19 AM

Mr. Tibbs

Dec 12, 2005, 9:08 AM

Post #17 of 20 (95 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: OT: Survivor [jhendric] [In reply to] Quote | Reply
Yeah funny how everyone wants to talk about it isn't it. The licking of Dan's feet for coming down like a ton of bricks on the horrdid idea of conversation but the rush to talk about the off topic subject. I find it quite amusing.

Mr. Tibbs

Dec 12, 2005, 9:22 AM

Post #19 of 20 (22 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: OT: Survivor [jhendric] - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply
How difficult is it not too read something? You saw the OT and knew well ahead of time what I was doing yet you came and played my childish game of rebelion. Which makes my whole point. Everyone says they want to keep it real and talk on topic but know down in thier hearts that there is nothing new on topic to talk about and they come here for the people not the 9 millionth Powercrank argument.

Mr. Tibbs

Dec 11, 2005, 8:50 PM

Post #4 of 8 (299 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: Anyone ever cheated on their spouse? [slowguy] [In reply to] Quote | Reply
They like to get you in a compromising position
They like to get you there and smille in your face
They think, they're so cute when they got you in that condition
Well I think, it's a total disgrace

CHORUS:
I fight authority, authority always wins
I been doing it, since I was a young kid
I've come out grinnin'

Last edited by: Monk: Dec 13, 05 15:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I woudn't say I am trolling because it very above the board what I am doing. What am doing, which I can understand is something you find distasteful, is trying to get everyone to talk about what is going on. Everyone loved the cleansing yet everyone wants to post off topic Dan included, JR's writings are my evidence.

So why can't we just ignore what we hate and give Dan sometime away from the computer. The whole cheating thread was kept alive by people nashing there teeth. If you don't like it don't read it goes away fast. I should know my on topic posts die faster then Heavy D.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fought the law and the law won, I fought the law and the law won.

Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If you don't like it don't read it goes away fast. I should know my on topic posts die faster then Heavy D.

I agree it is all about you getting attention, but don't you get enough attention in the Lavender Room? Very few trolls admit they are trolls. If Slowman wants to tolerate you while you dump on him and everyone else, that's fine. In the short run, you may get some "views" and some folks think you are amusing in some way, but in the long run, I think it runs more people off.

I'm done. See ya.
Last edited by: Monk: Dec 12, 05 10:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's TIBBS, let it go!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to agree with Tibbs. I don't know where this new policy making is coming from. I remember people complaining before about OT posts, and I thought Slowman said it was a "lifestyle" forum, not a triathlon forum. I come here more for the personalities than for the triathlon talk. I've been here since just before the new board came up (over 3 years) - very rarely are there triathlon topics that are new and haven't been rehashed a million times before. But almost always, there are engaging conversations between many different people with different qualities and characterstics.

I think the board is at a fork in the road right now, feeling pressure to define itself. My opinion is that it should stay in the unique niche that it has created - a lifestyle forum. Beyond the over-the-top threads that should be deleted and people who should be banned, I don't understand why things need to change. What's wrong with OT threads? If you don't like it, just don't read it. It's extremely simple. Tibbs is spot on.

And Monk, you have been known to post your share of OT posts. I enjoy your posts very much. I wouldn't want any of it to change.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three cheers...Dan!
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [jackattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What's wrong with OT threads?"

nothing. i like reading them. i like posting them. i like sharing in these discussions with the people i've grown to like here. you'll find these threads in the lavender room. that's where they go.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, that's fair enough. Perhaps it is my problem, as I'm too lazy to spend a bunch of time over there. It seems that everytime I go into that forum people are arguing about religon and government. So, I will explore it more to be fair in my assessment.

I understand that you face challenges to direct this board. I worry, however, about the direction things are heading, and want to voice my opinion that things remain loosely moderated. Perhaps this isn't possible because some people can not handle themselves. I concede we may be past that point. However, I remain hopeful that there is a solution in the middle of a free for all and rigid sets of rules.

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Bump [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump, Bump, Thanks Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not funny
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been off the internet for the last few days - anyone care to say who got banned?
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think anyone knows specifics.

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [jackattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"However, I remain hopeful that there is a solution in the middle of a free for all and rigid sets of rules."

I just don't get this.

Dan has at every turn allowed slightly OT stuff to go on in this forum. Even some pretty WAY OT stuff. The only time things get out of control is when a bunch of people start feeling teh need to start posting tons of things about subjects that are not even remotely tri related and or breaking the few cardinal rules.

1) No bad mouthing Tri realted companies.
2) No posting BS that is hurtfull/slanderous etc etc with some REALLY concrete proof.
3) no politics/religion outside or the LR

Paraphrased of course.

I fail to see the problem with these.

Point is we're in Dan's house as a guest. He invited us. In his house he wants to have certain discussions avoided and certain behaviors curbed. If you came to my house and started BS about how my wife is abitch or kids are A-holes I'd kick you out too. If you came to my house and started flicking boogers on the wall or started using language I felt was not welcome in my house...bye bye.

It's not really freakin' hard people.

For the most part I think Dan is more than leniant and it is HIS personality and flexibilty that allows such freedoms here. If *I* don't like the way things are run here....I'll leave. When in Rome folks. Personally I like the Rome we call ST....and currently the Ceaser is kinda pissed so let it go. There will be time enough later for feeding christians to the lions.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Soooo...are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Your statement that you don't get what I'm saying seems contradictory, but I agree with everything you said. I think it is pretty easy to stick to the 3 rules you paraphrased, and I just hope we don't go much further in censorchip.

"Point is we're in Dan's house as a guest."

Of course the forum is his, but it's more of a business than a house. It wouldn't be successful if we didn't come here and interact - the sole purpose of a forum. I'm not bitching because I feel things should be run my way. I'm just trying to express a desire to more or less keep things the way they've been. Now if this is impossible or if Dan just doesn't want to, then I have the choice to stay and see how things go or leave. I'm fine with those options.

The forum is going through some growing pains right now, that have been coming on for at least the last year, and we should give Slowman as much feedback as possible to keeps things as best as possible for everyone. I see this thread as an opportunity to discuss where we stand - and leave it up to the big guy to make the hard decisions.

Quote Reply

Prev Next