Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, your pep talk worked. The discourse has immeasureably improved since the weekend ;)

Jim_n_La
...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but only until it kills you - Cousin Elwood
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally I am glad that Bill saw to revive this thread (even though I think Bill is Dan's nomme de guerre). What with the ill natured pissing contest between House and Paulo and the unbelievable attack on Tom D it's time for people to step back and have a look at how things are going.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the unbelievable attack on Tom D it's time for people to step back and have a look at how things are going.

I missed that, what thread was that?

Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
lol

this thread was made a year and a half ago.

What the heck! I've just about read this entire thread and wondering what I missed this last weekend in September of 07!
Thanks for pointing that out.
Wow! Didn't realize what the heck was going on either. Now I DO know what the hubub was about - 16 months ago. I remember it well.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I promise I'll behave myself.
Don't send me to the corner AGAIN.
I won't be a potty mouth any more.
Sniff sniff

rtk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Personally I am glad that Bill saw to revive this thread (even though I think Bill is Dan's nomme de guerre). What with the ill natured pissing contest between House and Paulo and the unbelievable attack on Tom D it's time for people to step back and have a look at how things are going.
Another thing that needs to stop are the offensive sig lines, especially the ones with xenophobe overtones.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is my sig line offensive, when it is a request not to apply a phrase to me?

FWTW, I don't believe you started the argument with House but then didn't let it go either.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, it is interesting to see what all the little scamps can come up with our collective unconciousness. Slowman, when are you going on vacation next? I been saving up some good stuff. Oh, Ironman ain't all that far away.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good grief, triathletes cannot fucking count, no wonder we say we rode 50 when it was actually 40.1, a 3 mile run is 8 miles and all the guys' dicks are 10" long......

"16 months ago" would have been May, 2006....December 2005 was 21+ months ago...and indeed, the thread that prompted Slowman's response was a doozy...

But who's counting....

;-)

(P.S., reply in general, not to you G-man...)
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, you want to help me with my math homework??

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure...12+9=16, right?

;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Um, I have to get a passing grade to get tuition reimbursement from my employer....

Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ooohhhhh yeah, I remember that one now... that was crazy. beyond anything that should have been here.

P

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Um, I have to get a passing grade to get tuition reimbursement from my employer....

Priceless....!

;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So that's a "No" on the homework help, right?

Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
the unbelievable attack on Tom D it's time for people to step back and have a look at how things are going.

I missed that, what thread was that?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1485355;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

But it looks like the negative post was slowmaned.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why is my sig line offensive, when it is a request not to apply a phrase to me?

FWTW, I don't believe you started the argument with House but then didn't let it go either.

But if your English, Irish or Scotish (EDIT to add Welsh) are you not also British? Of course European geography is not my strong suit. But I can find Michigan on a world map.

I am a Michigander and don't call me an American.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Sep 21, 07 18:29
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ireland is a separate country. You may have meant Wales. Northern Ireland can be included as British but in a weaker sense.

Calling any of Britain European is likely to cause you further problems :)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"So that's a "No" on the homework help, right?"

No....I would be happy to help. So while there is a "no" in *this* particular response, the actual answer is a "yes".

Or something like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
went through the whole thread and I am still looking for the the unbelievable attack on Tom D!!!

Maybe I missed something?
Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too... I've never been to Bikesport so I found most of the post to be potentially believable. Nothing that made me suspend any of my former or current beliefs.

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you slept through geography correct? You do realize that you need a boat to get to Ireland from the United Kingdom right.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From Wiki.

The British Isles (Irish: Éire agus an Bhreatain Mhór[1](Ireland & Great Britain) or Oileáin Iarthair Eorpa,[2](West European Isles) Manx: Ellanyn Goaldagh, Scottish Gaelic: Eileanan Breatannach, Welsh: Ynysoedd Prydain, French: Îles Britanniques), are a group of islands off the northwest coast of continental Europe comprising Great Britain, Ireland and a number of smaller islands.[3] There are two sovereign states located on the islands: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.[4] The group also includes the crown dependencies of the Isle of Man and, by tradition, the Channel Islands, although the latter are not physically a part of the archipelago.[5] There are other common uncertainties surrounding the extent, names and geographical elements of the island group.

The term British Isles is controversial in relation to Ireland where its use is objected to by many people[6] and by the government of the Republic of Ireland[7]. Its use is also avoided in relations between the governments of the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom, who generally employ the euphemism these islands.[8][9]

Some more from Wiki.
British passports issued in the UK have the wording "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" on their cover.

So it appears they have British passports?

And in the wiki definition of British:

The term can be seen in the following contexts:
  • In modern identity, a Briton, a collective description for the inhabitants of Great Britain, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands and, to a much lesser degree, Ireland, where it refers almost exclusively to the Protestant community of Northern Ireland.[3]

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
went through the whole thread and I am still looking for the the unbelievable attack on Tom D!!!

Maybe I missed something?
Fred.
I believe I said the offending post has been Slowmaned (ST slang for removed by Dan)

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think you slept through geography correct? You do realize that you need a boat to get to Ireland from the United Kingdom right.
Uhm you need a boat to get to Hawaii also but their still part of the USofA

Just Triing
Quote Reply

Prev Next