Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USADA Suspends Marathoner [gunsbuns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see lance is the only one I could find with life!

You must have stopped reading after you saw his name.

In cycling alone, Clinger, Zajicek, and O'Bee all received lifetime bans.

I find interesting that, in the Armtrong case, USADA initially proposed lifetime bans for Armstrong, Ferrari, del Moral, Marti, Celaya, and Bruyneel. The only ones who actually got lilfetime bans were those that did not contest or request arbitration. The three that appealed and went to arbitration, Marti, Celaya, and Bruyneel, got 8, 8, and 10 years respectively. That tells me that had Armstrong appealed, he would have received an 8 to 10 year ban.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA Suspends Marathoner [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
[
I find interesting that, in the Armtrong case, USADA initially proposed lifetime bans for Armstrong, Ferrari, del Moral, Marti, Celaya, and Bruyneel. The only ones who actually got lilfetime bans were those that did not contest or request arbitration. The three that appealed and went to arbitration, Marti, Celaya, and Bruyneel, got 8, 8, and 10 years respectively. That tells me that had Armstrong appealed, he would have received an 8 to 10 year ban.

Note that USADA ignored the statute of limitations when people did not contest the charges. When it came to going before an arbitration that would abide by the rules, USADA did not dare to try that. Heck, Tygart did not just go beyond the SOL, he went beyond the time the UCI signed on to the WADA code, beyond the time the WADA code was first written, and beyond the time WADA even existed. If USADA followed the rules then Armstrong would have lost one or two TdF titles. Must be great to be judge, jury, and executioner without the need to adhere to any rules.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA Suspends Marathoner [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:

OTOH why do so many weight lifters and wrestlers smoke pot??

Maurice

i've seen this on other forums, those who do lift noting they smoke pot that is. Most note it is for relaxing.

I have no real basis for this but possibly to calm them down from the pre workout they take?
Quote Reply
Re: USADA Suspends Marathoner [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably a good way to help pack in some extra calories as well.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA Suspends Marathoner [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robert wrote:

We should not be spending taxpayers' money to ensure the bourgeois ideal of clean competition for amateur athletes, except possibly Olympic athletes. Do you think the rich are cheating? Do you think people in the ghetto are cheating? And most of the bourgeois are cheating as well. We have a well-developed system of cheating in this country.

Dude, Karl, I thought you had stopped participating in races after the putsch!

My triathlon training blog
Quote Reply
Re: USADA Suspends Marathoner [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't follow any of these cases, but isn't another interpretation possible? Isn't it possible that the people who appealed did so because the cases against them were weak? And the people who didn't appeal did so because they knew there was demonstrable evidence against them? If that's the case (and again, I didn't follow these), then it follows that those with 8-10 years got that sentence because the evidence against them was weak, and those with the lifetime ban got it because the evidence was strong. Which is what I would expect.
Quote Reply

Prev Next