Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"I've been dating for 15 years, where is he???" The answer is: You're ugly, skinny, self-important, whiny, pretentious and a harsh charicature of yourself- that is why you are still dating with no success..."
I think the real answer is that it was a TV show called Sex in the City and it wouldn't be near as interesting if the characters found Mr. Right right away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like to watch American Chopper every once in a while as well, but Tom they are all abunch of dumb asses on that show as well! Its sort of like watching WWF. All very staged and coreographed. Lets see, this episode: Paul Sr. bitches because they are running behind, the shop is dirty and he cant find his tools. Paul Jr. reads directly off of the teleprompter while the other son sits in the background and picks his nose and eats it.

Id rather watch all the "nipples" on Friends even though that got old sometimes as well:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a show that instills family value, honesty, hard work...good heavens man you have to be kidding..who would watch it..maybe people undergoing family counselling would have to watch it as part of a self help program or something...certainly wouldn't fly with many in the under 70 set. Too bad too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, None of those women are supposed to be "REAL" women. They all represent one, or at most, a couple of facets of the female sexuality. In order explore those facets. . .OF COURSE they become a caricature of the arch-type. Its over the top, and meant to be. You'd have to mix them together in some combination to describe most women.

Damn, dude. Women are not the enemy. . .
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dated a girl who would watch that show and so wanted to be one of the characters. She envied them. She thought they represented the epitome of female existence.

In her life, I think she has tried to emulate their behavior. It is as though, when she makes a decision in her life, she either conciously or subconciously models her decisions after chracters on the show. There is no question that, even at 34 years old, they were a powerful role model for her. And she knows for a fact that all her failed relationships are because she hasn't found the right guy.

Those two shows (Seinfeld and Sex in the City) strike a serious nerve with me. Becasue of her, I hate them- and her.

I don't like feeling that way, it takes a lot energy and it is not how I want to be, but it is also an effective defence mechanism. This person screwed me over repeatedly for years. In the end they were niether accountable or honest and have never (and will never) apologize. To her, her conduct was perfectly justifiable and acceptable. There is no reason to apologize.

To me, that is frightening.

Also, I do have somewhat of a confession: I have been dating a fine young lady for about four weeks and it is quite nice. I just got off the phone with her. She is a fine friend and quite a nice young lady.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mystery Science Theater 3000, Ultrabot, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Frazier, WXC, Mel Brookes movies, Talking Heads, They Might Be Giants, M4/203, England, Mexico, 1957 Chevy Nomads, drag bars on choppers, healthy ass, Hardware Wars, WMds found, Cervelo, Titan Flex, Shimano, CH aero covers, Spinergy, Slowtich, Team Secondhand Racing, older asian women, Doc Marten's, Pearl Izumi, Wilco, Tim Deboom, athiest, Athenas, TEXAS TEXAS TEXAS!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: Mr. Tibbs: May 17, 04 12:27
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea man I'm hooked on Deadwood too - I love the use of language on the show.

------
"And you want to be my latex salesman? I don't think so."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the other hand, Tom. . .This book is required reading for all of my Marines considering getting married. . .

http://www.enotalone.com/books/0961593806.html

Check it out. At least you'll go into battle well-trained!

But don't let this new nice young lady see it. Its like kryptonite to women.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I promised myself I'd lurk today, but:

First, your dressed like a character from Cirque de Soleil buying wine you'll never drink. (Want to get the visual out of my head, but can't; forgive me if I seek refuge in some vino)

Then, you reveal you love the Waltons. (Hmmm)

Now you say that you're dating AND that she's nice.

Stop now, please. Pretty soon you'll be all well-adjusted and happy.
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contrary to popular belief I am normal, boring, and pretty happy. People think I am a weirdo because that is weird in our society.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]
I cannot express to you the degree to which I despise that utterly devoid, completely awful and entirely uncreative show.

I loath that program. It, along with Friends and Sex in the City, represent a microcosm of everything wrong with TV and our society. [/reply]
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here, here...I got nothing out of Friends...Sex in the City...Yeah I've had sex in the city. Never have watched it...don't carry HBO. Waste of $$$.

What happened to the good shows? M*A*S*H, Good Times, Cheers, Sanford and Son, etc?
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [JimmyChuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yea man I'm hooked on Deadwood too - I love the use of language on the show.

------
"And you want to be my latex salesman? I don't think so."

I agree with you. The use of language is terrific. I think the actor that plays Al Swearingen is awesome. Man, last week's episode was brutal.

The fact that it's loosely based on real events makes it that much more facinating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I agree with you. The use of language is terrific. "

I'm still bummed out over the decline of "The West Wing." That show used to have great writing- now it's just "ER Goes to Washington."

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect!!!!!! The thread has degenerated into a discussion of TV shows. . .essentially NOTHING! Time to train. . .
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought The West Wing was a hopelessly "hip" and unbelievably sensational depiction of Washington politics.

If they were more accurate in their depiction, it would have been pretty boring and lame IMO.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never watched it. I get 2 television channels. They carry either ABC, CBS, or the Beeb, depending on the time of day. On weekends we get cricket (Windies vs. Bangladesh last weekend)

There hasn't been anything decent on TV since M*A*S*H and All in the Family. Reality TV sucks, its anything but. If it was "reality" then there would be a show about paying my telephone bill, or commuting. That's it, a show about the daily commute!!! How many idiots will cut me off this morning?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought The West Wing was a hopelessly "hip" and unbelievably sensational depiction of Washington politics.

Yeah, but if I wanted to see a realistic depiction of Washington politics I'd watch C-Span.

What I used to like about West Wing was the dialogue- fast and smart. Not anymore.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The real question is, which thread will win, this one, or the WMD confirmed thread?

Both were started at the same time and have similar viewed numbers, though this one has been posted on the most.

I predict the WMD will win, b/c while this thread will eventually fizzle out, the WMD thread will linger on as the same 6-7 people argue back and forth for rest of the week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't really care, I just hope that damned PC thread dies a cruel and unusual death. and I'm a pacifist

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that this thread will beat both becuase I will make it win. Since it is about nothing you can't stop me. The WMD thread will fall into a Bush hate/defend battle of your mamas. While Rip and Frank will finally measure there strong sausages and stop the pointless debate.

This will hit 1000 if it takes me the rest of the year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly my reason for instigating this thread. As long as folks are going to pointlessly argue. . .let's pointlessly argue about NOTHING in particular. Save The Seinfeld Thread. . .vote with your posts!

Where's Tibbs when I need him. Tibbsy. . .Tibbsy. . .come start some crap.
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aaaaaaannnnnnnndddddddd. . .speak of the devil!

Thanks Tibbsy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if everyone is off-topic, then aren't we on-topic?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will hit 1000 if it takes me the rest of the year.

Let me help motivate you, Tibbs. . .

Texas sucks. The whole "state" bites and should be handed over to Mexico.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"speak of the devil!"

There is no devil so sit back and watch me make you a legned. The man who started the 1000 post thread.

Quote Reply

Prev Next