Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [deetsay00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, yet another commercially successful album that rarely makes these lists. . .
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. . .in true Warner Brothers fashion. . .somehow you ended up with a home theater system on this island. . .what movie?

My vote(s)

The Big Lebowski
Scarface
The Star Wars Trilogy
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Pulp Fiction
Natural Born Killers
My Blue Heaven
Reservoir Dogs

well, that's a start anyway. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raising Arizona.
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Son, you've got panties on your head."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Riding to work this morning I remembered Dick Dastartly and Mutley. No idea who produced them or what year, just kind of came to me.

Evan Nitschmann
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Matrix

The first one, without all that other crap from the second and third.

matt

"When I cleaned up my diction, I had nothing left to say" -- Van Morrison
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Ok. . .in true Warner Brothers fashion. . .somehow you ended up with a home theater system on this island. . .what movie?
[/reply]

Local Hero - some classic lines ("Happer... you crap hound!!!") and some lovely Scottish scenery to make you (well, me) homesick.
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Sometimes I get the menstrual cramps real hard."

http://www.moviesounds.com/rarizona.html

Quote | Reply
What is you favorite song covered by another band? Was it just as good, better or just really cool?

My two favorites are

Hang on to your Ego - First done by the Beach boys covered by Frank Black. Very diffrent versions but both great.

Head On- First done by The Jesus and Mary Chain covered by the Pixies. It breaks my heart to say it since I am a monster fan of The Jesus and Mary Chain but he Pixies did it better.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Cover songs. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Urge Overkill's version of 'Girl, you'll be a woman soon'. Original by Neil Diamond (I think)....I love them both equally, kinda like my wife and mistress in one song.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mrs. Robinson, covered by the Lemonheads
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know if this qualifys, but I like Eric Clapton's cover of Eric Clapton's Lala.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"It's my life" - No doubt. A bit commercial, but a class tune....

gorilla - an anthropoid ape, related to the chimpanzee but less erect and much larger
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [Evan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Riding to work this morning I remembered Dick Dastartly and Mutley. No idea who produced them or what year, just kind of came to me.

Then you probably also remember Penelope Pitstop.

Dick and Mutley(and Penelope) were featured on both the Wacky Racers and Stop that Pigeon!
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.....don't forget the Ant Hill Mod... those little legs going at 100mph....

hang on.....i knew i'd seen my running style somewhere before..

gorilla - an anthropoid ape, related to the chimpanzee but less erect and much larger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What is you favorite song covered by another band? Was it just as good, better or just really cool?

My two favorites are

Hang on to your Ego - First done by the Beach boys covered by Frank Black. Very diffrent versions but both great.

Head On- First done by The Jesus and Mary Chain covered by the Pixies. It breaks my heart to say it since I am a monster fan of The Jesus and Mary Chain but he Pixies did it better.

Pixies did it much better.

Favorite covers off the top of my head:
  • Jawbox cover of Cornflake Girl(Tori Amos) - better
  • Foo Fighters cover of Baker Street(Gerry Rafferty) - different but not better
  • Siouxsie & the Banshees cover of Trust in Me(Jungle Book Soundtrack) - very cool
  • Siouxsie & the Banshees cover of Strange Fruit(Billie Holiday) - very good and different, but Billie's version blows it away
  • Pat Benatar cover of Wuthering Heights(Kate Bush) - better
  • Jimi Hendrix cover of All along the Watchtower(Bob Dylan) - better
  • Earth Wind & Fire cover of Got to Get You Into My Life(Beatles) - better
  • Nirvana cover of Where Did You Sleep Last Night?/In the Pines(Leadbelly) - better than most of his versions
  • Fishbone cover of Freddie's Dead(Curtis Mayfield) - equally good
  • Pain Teens cover of Story of Isaac(Leonard Cohen) - good, but can't touch the original
  • Mad Season cover of I don't Wanna be a Soldier(John Lennon) - ditto
  • Nine Inch Nails cover of Get Down, Make Love(Queen) - never have heard the original but the NIN cover might be my all-time favorite club song
  • Mark Kozelek(Red House Painters) cover of You Ain't Got a Hold on Me(AC/DC) - completely unrecognizable as an AC/DC tune - which is good in my book :)
  • Living Color cover of Final Solution(Pere Ubu) - both are good
  • Faith No More cover of Midnight Cowboy

Quote Reply
The NFL in June. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's only June. The endurance season is just starting up and begining to look great but for some reason I am already amped about the football season. I don't know why but I just can't wait for the season to start. Anyone else?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: The Seinfeld Thread. . . [Evan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Hanna Barbera: 1968-70

I have die-cast toys of Penelope Pitstop and Dick Dastardly's cars (as well as the Mystery Machine, Barney Rubble's sports-log, a bunch of Speed Racer cars, the Munstermobile & Dragula, Ghostbusters ECTO 1, and the Monkeemobile)

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: randymar: Jun 7, 04 12:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any song gets better when covered by Johnny Cash (although "Ring of Fire" by Social Distortion is nice reverse engineering - when I was in the punk band we did Ring of Fire, replacing Mexican horns with harmonica.)

Last edited by: randymar: Jun 7, 04 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: The NFL in June. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbs, you blasmphemer! How dare you speak off football when we're not even at the allstar break. GO DODGERS!!!
Quote Reply
Gay, or not gay? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is right in line with some questions that we have come up with on 5+ hour training rides....

So...here I am with a few buddies, and these are educated men mind you (I do NOT put myself into that category). We are riding back home from Lake Geneva Wi on a 100+ degree day...when one of them (CEO of the regions largest health system mind you) informs the crew that "Mr. Happy is dead"...so this rapidly goes down hill and my question (JUST a question as I am not that flexible)...

"If you give yourself head...is that gay?" - My answer is yes...far as I can see, if you are a man - and ever have a dick in your mouth - you are gay...even if it is your own dick. And if you could and you swallow..you are super duper flaming nasty gay - Maplethorpe gay.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Gay, or not gay? [Record10ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will confess I have had a dream about it. Where does that put me on the scale?

Nick
Quote Reply
Re: Gay, or not gay? [goobie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I mean, people's personal sexual preferences are nobody's business but their own.

Quote Reply
Re: Gay, or not gay? [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
huh - this is going to be a shock to a few people. Me included. Oh well. If you say so, it must be true.
Quote Reply
Re: Gay, or not gay? [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On that topic...I want to have a "Straight Pride Parade!"...I am certainly no homophobe...but, why cant I be proud of my sexuality and have a parade?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply

Prev Next