Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [flatfour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have those brakes in my garage I think or at least one of those that you are looking for. Shot me a picture of what you are looking for and I might have one.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tektro

TRP

A700

They all seem to be of the same design
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'd be a lifesaver if you have one. I have my fingers crossed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is what I had in the garage. The Tektro is marked as a T925 and the Warp is marked as a R725.

They have never been installed but have been banged up a bit in the parts bin. PM me if you are interested in one of them. I am pretty sure that I have a shorter bolt for the T925. I was going to install it on the front of my bike but decided to go with something else.

Last edited by: BMANX: Mar 26, 12 18:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much do you want for the Tektro?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [~C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Google search Gotobike.com.cn
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [epoch2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aren't they all Chinese......or Taiwanees?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [epoch2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my experimental TT build for training...my Isaac Joule Aerotic frame developed a small crack. This is a new Flyxii frame. There are some subtle nuances for getting this frame. If you're not comfortable sanding carbon, facing bottom brackets, etc., don't get this frame...:) An incredible deal and very high quality for the price. Yes, no warranty or support...then again, the company I bought my frame from went out of business, so it doesn't matter. BTW, my race bike is a Felt. It also has frame issues, but no warranty, since I bought it used.

Shifters are Rival. Crankset is FSA SL-K. Bars are Chinese. Wheels are Hongfu 50mm tubulars with Powertap rear and Sapim CX-Rays (mostly used in crits and road races). Brakes are TRP/Tektros with one of their new models (more to come later). Weight for complete bike is 17.0 lbs (w/pedals). When I get more time, I post complete details. Thanks.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Last edited by: allenpg: Mar 26, 12 21:58
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you post more pictures/ talk about the front brake? It's hidden behind the fork? How do you like that tt frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and can you tell me how the fit is on that frame compared to something like a p2 of something? I had a P2 (56) a couple years ago... and it looks like the Medium version of that frame would fit.. but the L would, too... any words of wisdom, my friend?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice! I have the same one coming soon. I too would like some info about the front brake. I finally found a TRP/Tektro 925 for the rear brake. Do I need something special for the front as well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Allen,

I have not seen or used the china-aerobars yet?

Report?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [lovetorace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll post more once I get some riding in on it. The Tektro R725 front brake WILL NOT WORK with this fork. You actually need to use the R725 rear brake behind the fork. For the rear brake, I used the new TRP T925.1R so the brake noodle would have enough crank clearance.

For folks asking about the aerobars, do a search ST and the RBR forum and you should find several posts about them.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested in how the fit is, too - in terms of comparing to a specialized transition xl I used to own?? Does the M mean a 56 or a L mean a 56?

I'm also interested to know if the back wheel cut out actually covers the tire width?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [ironwillgates] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironwillgates wrote:
Interested in how the fit is, too - in terms of comparing to a specialized transition xl I used to own?? Does the M mean a 56 or a L mean a 56?

I'm also interested to know if the back wheel cut out actually covers the tire width?

I am not sure what your frame your talking about, but all of the china-frames I built up cover the tire completley, but, most do not except my HED jet disc. From I have seen, most china-frames do best with a disc cover.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
was interested in the frame that allen posted the pic of.. the flyxii with the front brake behind the fork
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Debating between these two frames..

Input, peeps?

Quote Reply
Re: China Ride [nscott1463] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got my Chinese rim built up with my PowerTap and went for the first ride with it today. So far so good. It feels and sounds good. It kind of has that hum of a disc which is pretty cool. The LBS messed up the first build and used spokes that were too long so the build took a while which is no good but at least I have it now.[/img]

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Post deleted by mjdwyer23 [ In reply to ]
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mjdwyer23 wrote:
Not a TT bike, but Chinese nonetheless. 15.8lbs with powertap.

Officially for sale, S5 arrived today.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [ironwillgates] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the top frame in large purchased from Carbon Zone on Ebay.
It's about the same fit as my 58cm p2sl, just 1cm less stack.
I've ridden a half, 3 olys, and several sprints on it. I'm a slow big guy so take my opinions lightly.

Problems:
The rear brake is under the BB and it's hard to make work. I've got a simkins egg brake and it's so-so.
The seat post holder is inadequate for my 195lbs. I put a shim in and got slightly longer bolts and it works well now.
The rear derailleur cable stop likes to slowly snug into the carbon, and this leads to repeated cable adjustments at the beginning to get it right. It shifts fine now.

It looks great, handles well, has a convenient flat toptube (for my darkspeedworks bag), cost me $500ish.

I'm currently going back to my p2sl for more stack (Giving in to my 40 y/o need to sit up more), but I'm looking at the Miracle Trade MC055 Cervelo S5 ripoff frame to sort of follow Tom A's build.

Cheers,
steve
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Edit: I saw it posted in classifieds!

Twitter - Instagram
Last edited by: jrielley: Mar 27, 12 19:59
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [EvenOlder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so, a Medium would probably be better for me.. hmmmm
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [EvenOlder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Side note on the Miracle Trade MC-055
Lisa from Miracle Trade said this model won't be available in 56cm until end of April.
Quote Reply

Prev Next