Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [jever98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like its been taken down from the Synergysports Alibaba page...
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just asked Hongfu about their FM086 (looks similar to FM069)

ok, our FM086 will open size 50/52/54/56cm, now size 54cm already pass the tes.
can starts produce.
the price is :
Frame + Fork + Seatpost + Stem + Handlebar (FM086+FK086+SP086+ST086+HB086): $1200
headset fit frame: $15
shipping cost: $95
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hansonator69 wrote:

ok, our FM086 will open size 50/52/54/56cm, now size 54cm already pass the tes.
can starts produce.
the price is :
Frame + Fork + Seatpost + Stem + Handlebar (FM086+FK086+SP086+ST086+HB086): $1200
headset fit frame: $15
shipping cost: $95

Nice bike

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hansonator69 wrote:

Does anyone know if the FM086 is within the UCI-regulations or just suited for triathlon use?

/ Reptil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can I find the particular frameset aside from BMC's website!?

hansonator69 wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [field3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where are the best places to buy one of the chinese frames?
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livetotri wrote:
From what I understand/from what I've heard from roadie buddies...(I understand this isn't any form of concrete evidence nor any evidence for that matter and will therefore hold no water here, but still. This is where I'm coming from) the frames are made in different factories by different employees.

The difference, from what I understand, between skilled labor and non-skilled extends further than the knowledge of where stress points in a frame are. That's not to say the non-skilled laborer doesn't know where to lay the carbon differently - he very well may! But there's an equal, if not more probable chance, that without the proper education, he does not.

Heck, I don't.

I can't believe I'm alone on this. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

...written on my droid, please excuse corrections.

This is how it works. MOST of these companies (hongfu, dengfu etc) have their own factories. People have actually gone and toured these factories and reported back on forums like roadbikereview. So they actually exist and use the same tools etc that all the other factories use. The difference is not necessarily in QC or layup standards. Often, what will happen is an engineer from an established factory will take their knowledge (often actually including copies of specs and sometimes even molds!) and go start up their own shop. Remember, copyright means basically nothing in China.

Just because a frame has a recognizable name on it doesn't mean it's held to any particular standards of quality. I've been told of a particular brand (I won't name it but you'd recognize it) being cut apart and there being rice paper still stuck to the inside of the tubes. As in, they laid it up by hand using rice paper and just left it in there. I've also heard stories of guys repairing well-known brands, sanding the tubes to prepare for re-painting, and the frames falling apart at the seams because there wasn't enough material along the seam. There are also small 'no-name' shops using high-end carbon with modern layup techniques and very thorough QC processes. Basically there's no correlation between how 'name' a brand is and the quality of the frame you're buying, until you get into the Calfee/ENVE area.

At this point, carbon is proven as a material. Even a bike made in a shoddy fashion isn't likely to 'disintegrate'. I've had a carbon frame crack before - it was a VERY big name brand. Yeah, they warrantied it, but warranty service is what you should be expecting when you pay $2500 for a frame instead of $500.

When you buy the $500 frame you're getting the same frame. You just can't expect any post-sales service (although there are many stories of the better known chinese carbon shops actually being pretty good in this regard too, surprisingly).
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [schoey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schoey wrote:
Pics when first assembled, since trimmed down the front end a bit.

Huge points for style here!!! I love the detail on the cranks too.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [leeandsusan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leeandsusan wrote:
where are the best places to buy one of the chinese frames?
thanks

velobuild.com worked for me - it like ordering from freaking Amazon... too easy
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAAHA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
field3 wrote:

http://dengfubikes.com/...mcchk=1&Itemid=1

I emailed the guy a while back and it was around $1100.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [phoenixR34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have to buy this frameset (FM069) directly from Dengfu, or is there someone, or Ebay that has it on hand ready to ship with price and shipping all nicely totalled up and PayPal?
I bought my carbon TT frame off of Ebay from a China based seller, and that was very easy. However, I can't find anyone who has any info on this Dengfu FM 069.
Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
phoenixR34 wrote:
field3 wrote:

http://dengfubikes.com/...mcchk=1&Itemid=1

I emailed the guy a while back and it was around $1100.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone got the DengFu FM 069 going here :) was the price worth it ($1,200 right)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
field3 wrote:

hansonator69 wrote:

in ebay now

http://www.ebay.de/...;hash=item3f1dcb8760

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [flyrunride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if anyone is interested in these frames (to buy or to see a review) go over to Velobuild. They do group buys which means you can get a pretty decent price, around $950.

http://www.velobuild.com/fm069-tt-dengfu/4515-fm069-group-buy

there's also a similar frame to the FM069 called the FM086. http://www.velobuild.com/fm086-tt-group-buy/4595-fm086-dengfu-tt-group-buy
Last edited by: hansonator69: Oct 27, 12 3:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do they mean by "group buy"? Are there a minimum number of pieces you have to order, or can you just order a single frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [spikeymoejr91] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They get a group of interested people to buy in bulk and this reduces the cost. You only need to buy one.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [bobloblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bobloblaw wrote:
When you buy the $500 frame you're getting the same frame. You just can't expect any post-sales service (although there are many stories of the better known chinese carbon shops actually being pretty good in this regard too, surprisingly).

I know this old, but this type of stuff pisses me off. It isn't the same frame. They use lower grades of carbon (ie most all of these are 100% T700, standard modulus carbon). High end frames use a mixture of different modulus fiber in places where they serve their purpose best. Places of high impact, joints are often times lots of standard modulus. the outer layer maybe entirely standard modulus, but the core of the long sections of tube may be a high modulus fiber to enhance stiffness. (High modulus generally is stiffer but more fragile, standard is very durable but less stiff) This is part of why these frames often are reported to have a muted feel, with all that standard modulus fiber you don't get much if any road feedback. It can also be more impact resistant though. This could partially explain why your name brand frame cracked: high modulus fibers are more likely to do this on impact.

The cost difference may be worth it to you or you may prefer the road feel, but the frames are NOT the same as what other brand name manufacturers are selling.

---------------------
Jordan Oroshiba --- Roadie invading Triathlete space for knowledge access
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [epoch2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

hmmm... so now there's the FM087 which appears to be just like the FM069 except with a zero rise stem.

and now a Scott Plasma lookalike below...

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [flyrunride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flyrunride wrote:
Anyone got the DengFu FM 069 going here :) was the price worth it ($1,200 right)?

How do you go about purchasing items from them? I could not find a purchase button for the life of me. Has anyone had any experience using their road handlebars? I am looking at upgrading to a carbon on for my roadie. Does anyone know other brands/ companies that sell cheap/ good carbon road handlebars?
Last edited by: ElMijo: Jan 3, 13 8:46
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [ElMijo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The easiest way is to use velobuild.com. Actually cheaper there too.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you mount the rear brake? Also, how did you mount the rear brake for the front brake?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [jjstains] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mounted the rear brake just following the enclosed instructions from TRP. For the front brake, I used some parts I had lying around in order to get the rear brake to work there. I honestly don't recall what they were. Good luck!

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [joroshiba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought this might be worth repeating. Just in case anyone was under any misapprehension that the Chinese frames are "... seconds / over production models / the result of an overly zealous quality controller binning them from the manufacturers run / use the same moulds etc etc etc etc etc ..."

I am not saying they are not worth it, not saying they are not 'okay', not saying they are worse or better .... any of that. Just saying that they are not the same.

The frames may be the same shape but if you have a 5'7", 110lb wife with 2 legs, 2 arms, and all the relevant fun areas, it does not mean she is Kate Moss.

joroshiba wrote:
It isn't the same frame.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In reference to the rear brake, how did you get the little metal bracket off the bottom of the frame? I unscrewed the bolts, but it doesn't want to budge.
Quote Reply

Prev Next