Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [The_Swede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's an insane ave and max HR.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [old geezer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
old geezer wrote:
I do not know whether HongFu is the manufacturer of a reseller, there seems to be a lot of them all selling the same product.
Typically, the easiest way to verify whether a company is a reseller/trading company is to search Alibaba for the company then view the profile of the company as some are actual manufacturers of the products being sold, while others may be co-located with the manufacturer but in reality are simply trading companies (resellers/exporters). For example DengFu Sports (aka GreatKeen), and Xiamen Iplay Sporting Goods are examples of trading companies that are co-located in the same facilities as the manufacturers where as Shenzhen Hongfu Sports Xiamen Far Sports are in fact OEM/suppliers.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [odin99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Garmin heartrate aint that high :-) problemes with the watch.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll echo the comment of a really high average and max HR, also a low cadence. You're churning a big gear!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [clarkoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cadence is a funny thing I have always hade the usual 90-95 but since changed my cadence this year my bike is much stronger and the run too. I dont know if its more training or the cadence change but I an faster this year :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The_Swede wrote:
The cadence is a funny thing I have always hade the usual 90-95 but since changed my cadence this year my bike is much stronger and the run too. I dont know if its more training or the cadence change but I an faster this year :-)

We're in the same boat. I've always been faster using a lower cadence. I hover around the 80-85 mark.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With velobuild not what it used to be, how is everyone buying their frames? I'm looking for an FM086 or FM087 (they appear to be the same?).
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [ehat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is my most recent Chinese tri bike

Frame from Dengfu, chinese wheels too, built up with mainly Ultegra Di2, Quarq and a Dash saddle. Seems to go OK.

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [turboferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
F china in the mouth , you have any idea how they treat people ?
we gonna from them I know but to consiously support that behavior is crazy.. you people are seriously sick in the head
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [pigpen73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pigpen73 wrote:
F china in the mouth , you have any idea how they treat people ?
we gonna from them I know but to consiously support that behavior is crazy.. you people are seriously sick in the head

Good luck trying to live a life without buying things built in China.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sharp looking bike!

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rich,

Dengfu is quoting me $950 for the frameset (FM087) and $700 for the disc wheel. Does this seem consistent with yours? Is that the frame and wheel package that your bike is built on? Anything I need to know before ordering? Did you go through http://www.dengfubikes.com to order?

Great looking rig, by the way!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like their FM206 aero road bike but I wish it was able to come with a more standard fork so I could use the TriRig aero brake on the front.

Last edited by: BMANX: Aug 19, 13 7:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ehat wrote:
Rich,

Dengfu is quoting me $950 for the frameset (FM087) and $700 for the disc wheel. Does this seem consistent with yours? Is that the frame and wheel package that your bike is built on? Anything I need to know before ordering? Did you go through http://www.dengfubikes.com to order?

Great looking rig, by the way!

Mine is an FM086 and I paid about $900 for the frame/forks/bars/post through the Velobuild website group-buy, but that doesn't seem to be running any more. When I contacted Dengfu directly originally they were quoting about $1200 for the frame. I'm not altogether certain that my disc came from Dengfu as it was purchased through eBay, but that was about $700, so it sounds as though you're pretty much on the money.

Be aware that delivery times aren't always particularly fast - Chinese New Year did come soon after I ordered, but the claim that everything was in stock was clearly wrong as I had to wait nearly 3 months until it finally arrived. Quality and value it pretty good though, so overall I'm happy.

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
I like their FM206 aero road bike but I wish it was able to come with a more standard fork so I could use the TriRig aero brake on the front.

Serious question, please ignore my ignorance or call me out on it, but would a TriRig brake in front be more aero than this one behind the fork?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Aeolos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aeolos wrote:
...Serious question, please ignore my ignorance or call me out on it, but would a TriRig brake in front be more aero than this one behind the fork?

Yeah, the Tririg should in theory at least be faster. The Tririg brake takes up the same or less overall footprint but it's the cable run that's so much cleaner with the center pull Tririg. IOW, even though you can hide the Tektro behind the fork its cable still hangs out in space and cables add a surprising amount of drag for their small cross sectional area.

-Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 is this frame the

fm098
or
099 style ?

[/quote]
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Looks like there is a standard brake mount as well
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Swanbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swanbird wrote:
is this frame the

fm098
or
099 style ?

[/quote]
That looks like an awkward fuji d6.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turboferret wrote:
This is my most recent Chinese tri bike

Frame from Dengfu, chinese wheels too, built up with mainly Ultegra Di2, Quarq and a Dash saddle. Seems to go OK.

Cheers, Rich

how do you like the chinese disk?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The jury is still out on the disc I must admit. I was surprised to find how flexible it felt when I first received it - all other discs I've seen have had some sort of filling (honeycomb/polystyrene/foam/other) sandwiched between the carbon outer sides. Mine seems totally hollow so there is a noticeable amount of deflection if you press one side, which I thought was unusual. This may correlate to a somewhat flexible wheel, so probably not particularly suited to those with a big power output. Fortunately for me (or not, depending on how you look at it!) I'm a very light and smooth pedaller and don't push out that many watts so I haven't found this to be a problem.

One thing I was a little disappointed with is the lack of loud rumble which is typical of many discs. I was looking forward to having an intimidating noise while passing slower riders, but my bike is as stealthy noise-wise as it is looks!

However, it runs true and has survived a fair bit of travel and a few outings still looking brand new, so not too unhappy overall.

Might be interesting to try a decent disc back to back and see if one could detect and difference in stiffness/speed.

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you mind if I asked how much it set you back? I'm curious would it be better to go with this or a used name brand disc
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I said a few posts up, ~$700 for the disc. I think a second hand Zipp or similar would be a better long-term investment, but living in India availability of decent 2nd hand parts is non-existent. I would also rather have gone for a clincher, but those aren't available from the Chinese venders and I really didn't want to got to the expense of a name-brand disc brand new.

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks sorry, I missed the price
Quote Reply

Prev Next