Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Bluesman68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone willing to post more photos (detailed) of their chinese tri bike, more specifically the one from carbonzone with the rear brake under the BB and the cable entry just behind the headset? Or, how is the head tube and seat post width? Is the seat post elongated and narrow like an actual P3?
Any information is appreciated since I am trying to pull the trigger on this new frame and I want to do the research first. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [ironwillgates] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the first one, and love it!!! Stiff, fast. Crosswinds are tricky coming from an aluminum road frame.

I had/have a little trouble finding the correct brakes for the frame. Lots of guys have had better luck I, just do your research.

The biggest problem was with the front caliper. I bought the tektro/TRP setup. Rear mounts up fine, though id prefer a center pull. Front, rubbed the tire, ended up using road caliper.

Not a huge deal. Just be diligent.

Also, assuming you are buying from CarbonZone on ebay, get the headset and steerer tube spacers at the same time.

These guys are GREAT to deal with, but any emails will take 12hrs (almost exactly) to respond, and will most likely come at 3am.

I will try to attach a pic of my build......

Apparently I'm too dumb to post pics! :) If you can tell me how, I will.

Michigan Awesome

Hand2Hand Ministries
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [moutlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished building the very bike you are speaking of.

I'm too dumb to know how to post pics, and Im at work, so it would have to wait til i get home as well.

you can email me if you'd like

krozema2003@gmail.com

Michigan Awesome

Hand2Hand Ministries
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mjdwyer23 wrote:
Some people are doing that, but there are significant differences between this frame and the Venge. Besides, I'm not into counterfeiting. The frame is a Dengfu FM098. I like it a lot, but I have a new cervelo coming and a baby on the way so we'll see where it ends up!

Can anyone tell me how much these frames cost and how to go about buying one? I love the look of this frame and would consider building one for fun -
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [sak35] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://myworld.ebay.com/carbonzone/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

This is where I got mine.

Ask for headset and spacers at the same time. Just easier.

Mine took less than 7 days to arrive USPS. Midwest delivery.

let me know if i can help any further!

Michigan Awesome

Hand2Hand Ministries
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [ironwillgates] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironwillgates wrote:
Debating between these two frames..

Input, peeps?

I have built 9 bikes for friends using the top image. No issues.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so if i want to build a bike using one of these frames, can i get a check list of everything ill need.
like components and such, this will be my first build and i dont want to miss anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do people determine their frame size?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [krozema] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How hard was the internal cable run to do? Have you had any issues with tire clearance or the seatpost slipping?

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [AndrewSaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there are tubes inside the frame. SUPER EASY!!!!! No cable jackets used!

Michigan Awesome

Hand2Hand Ministries
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [krozema] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic, have you seen any stack/reach figures for this? Thanks so much for the help!

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [sak35] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can buy mine or go right to Dengfu.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought the first TT frameset + Tektro R725 brakeset + Neco headset last year from ebay/carbonzone. So far so good, very stiff.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [epoch2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two questions.
1) since the bike isn't branded is it legal for use in all events?
2) is it better to buy these bikes off of ebay? that way paypal is present in case of failure?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [cjathey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cjathey wrote:
Two questions.
1) since the bike isn't branded is it legal for use in all events?
2) is it better to buy these bikes off of ebay? that way paypal is present in case of failure?

1. I don't see why it can't be used. The website says it's "UCI proven". I don't know enough about the rules to answer that question
2. This frame isn't found an eBay so I had to contact the supplier directly. Transaction went smooth, communication was great, and I received the from in about 7 days.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you think these Chinese "Superbikes" would compare to a Cervelo Dual. I had no idea these things were even an option and am thinking the old, if it's too good to be true...also

1) Approx what would be a cheap(ish) total cost to finish the build
2) How much would that compare cost-wise to a name-brand bike of similar-quality components.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Bluesman68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bluesman68 wrote:
Pardon the crappy cellphone pic:

Almost 2 years old. 3 70.3s, 1 IM, plus several shorter distances, still serves me well.

Other than all the rubbish hanging off the back of it thats a lovely looking bike. I've never seen one that isnt hanging off the wall in 'The Bike Shop'. I was considering one myself but it has a pretty slack seat tube angle IIRC. something like 75 deg.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [PapaBear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [PapaBear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I built this in 2008, Taiwanese frame that a guy here in Aus was importing. Cost me about $4k Australian to build which was a good price here at the time with carbon wheels. I got a force road gruppo off ebay for $1k sold the shifters for 400 and bought the bar end shifters from PBK for 150. I used the USE Tula aerobars.
I have ridden it for 1000's of km and never had any issues. I have ridden it in Challenge Cairns last year for a 5:04 split on a course which was 184km instead of 180 so that was sub 5 hour pace for the correct distance. I have ridden under 1 hour for olympic distance and I have the TT club record for the last 3 years for 100km in 2:31. I have also done a 2:22 HIM split. This bike is as fast as any other I reckon. Could build similar a lot cheaper these days though. I like that I have something different from most people :)

I also built up a chinese pinarello last year for $1500 with ultegra. Its a great bike and rides perfect. Finishing was not as good as the TT bike though.In the time I have had my TT bike a lot of my friends have had Branded bikes crack. Im not saying that the chinese ones dont crack but I think the quality is equal. Just my opinion.
I dont earn enough money to line the pockets of the corporations so I go the budget option, If I had a lot more money I would buy a shiv purely because I think they look good, not because I think there would be any performance difference.

Edit to add pic

Last edited by: Potter: Apr 2, 12 19:48
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [beebs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beebs wrote:
Bluesman68 wrote:
Pardon the crappy cellphone pic:

Almost 2 years old. 3 70.3s, 1 IM, plus several shorter distances, still serves me well.

Serious question, doesn't all that stuff on the back act like a parachute?

Don't know, I'm too slow to notice. :-)

One thing I'm sure of though is that I avoided DNF in one of my 70.3s using those "luggages" . :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [epoch2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's mine. I bought the frame/fork/post/brakes from a fellow STer (thank you). Most of the components I had already. When this chain is done, I will replace it with the gold KMC chain. Cabling was super quick and easy with this bike. Far easier than my other bikes. And it rides like a dream. Fast and apparently reasonably aero. It's faster than my other brand-name bike, which cost several times more $$ and has wind tunnel data.

BTW, I believe the original buyer bought the frame from CarbonZone on eBay.

-----

Blazeman Warrior - so others may live
Live more than your neighbors.... Bark at the moon like the wild dog that you are.... And by all means, whatever you do, get it on film.

Last edited by: Rokko: Apr 2, 12 21:57
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
[..text and a picture that aren't relevant....]
If I'm not mistaken, did you buy this during one of the group buys on velobuild? Did that go well (I guess what I'm saying is was it worth it to join a group buy)? I've signed up for the 3rd group buy and we'll see how that unfolds.

I'm in on it too. What are you doing for finish/paint?

I was thinking of just going Matte 3k and then putting on my own decals...likely black glossy decals for the "stealth black" look but I might go grey/while on the inside of the stays/fork and a line down the top of the top tube. Can't decide yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [jordo_99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going for the 3k matte finish. Decals would be great, but I don't have anything creative in mind, so I'll likely just leave it like that.

The grey accent on the interior parts of the frame are also pretty appealing. I like the way that planet X has done this to some of their frames.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldn't find it last night but I did some digging today...this is the design that I was thinking I'd really like to emulate:
https://plus.google.com/.../5676680232893595217

Mostly the down tube, stays and fork. I think it looks amazing but ELRM means nothing to me so I'd be putting in my own stuff there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
moutlaw wrote:
Is anyone willing to post more photos (detailed) of their chinese tri bike, more specifically the one from carbonzone with the rear brake under the BB and the cable entry just behind the headset? Or, how is the head tube and seat post width? Is the seat post elongated and narrow like an actual P3?
Any information is appreciated since I am trying to pull the trigger on this new frame and I want to do the research first. Thanks!

There is a site (not sure if I can say the name of it on the forum) that sells the Dengfu FM018 (the first one pictured in the grass) complete. It is the same bike as the carbonzone tt01. Here are the components listed.

Components

1.Component Group:~ 2012 Sram Rival 10 speed

~

2.Brake Lever Set: ~Brake Lever Set Aero 500 Pair Red

3.Shifter Set Levers: Shifter Set TT 500 10sp Rear Friction Front

4.Front Derailleur: Front Derailleur Braze-on Rival Black

5.Rear Derailleur: Rear Derailleur Rival Black Short Cage

6.Front Brake:~Tektro R530

7.Rear Brake:~Tektro R725

8.Crankset:~Crank Set Rival OCT MirorBlack w GXP Cups 68 172.5 53-39

9.Pedals: Not included

10.Bottom Bracket: ~BB GXP Team Cups English BB68

11.Cassette: Cassette PG-1050 11-23 10 speed

12.Chain:~Chain PC 1051 114 links PowerLock 10-speed

13.Saddle:~Selle Italia XR Flow(carbon saddle are also available)

14.Handlebar:~ Carbon Aero Bars 31.8*420mm

15.Handlebar Stem:~FSA Aluminum wrapped carbon 4-bolt 100mm~

16.Headset: NECO 1-1/8" Headset

~17.Wheels:~700C Carbon Fiber Clincher Wheelset

~18.Hubs:~Front Hub: Novatec A291SB(77g)

Quote Reply

Prev Next