Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Dave_Ryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave_Ryan wrote:
Aeolos wrote:
...Serious question, please ignore my ignorance or call me out on it, but would a TriRig brake in front be more aero than this one behind the fork?

Yeah, the Tririg should in theory at least be faster. The Tririg brake takes up the same or less overall footprint but it's the cable run that's so much cleaner with the center pull Tririg. IOW, even though you can hide the Tektro behind the fork its cable still hangs out in space and cables add a surprising amount of drag for their small cross sectional area.

-Dave
Very good point with regards to the cable run, I completely neglected that
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But what would the backend of the fork look like with the original brakes off. I think it might be worse.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [turboferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turboferret wrote:
This is my most recent Chinese tri bike

Frame from Dengfu, chinese wheels too, built up with mainly Ultegra Di2, Quarq and a Dash saddle. Seems to go OK.

Cheers, Rich

do you have a weight on your bike, race ready? thanks
Last edited by: 991C2S: Aug 21, 13 4:33
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does Planet X make the Exocet 2 or do they buy these and rebadge them. If they do not build their own frames, where do they get them.

Last edited by: BMANX: Aug 20, 13 20:32
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Swanbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swanbird wrote:
is this frame the

fm098
or
099 style ?

I have no idea what the frame model # is. I've got nearly 1500 miles on this baby with no real follow-up issues except that I've upgraded a bunch parts since this photo. The seatpost is creaking a little, so I think I just need to apply a new layer of carbon paste. It was pain to set up, but has worked great since (just don't try to adjust brakes for different rim widths). Not bad for the money.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Does Planet X make the Exocet 2 or do they buy these and rebadge them. If they do not build their own frames, where do they get them.

They are not a manufacturer. I don't know who is making the Exocet 2 ( and I currently own one) but the Pro Stealth is made by XDS Carbon-Tech http://www.xds-carbon.com/...lass&class_id=17# the X-B14 model.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [wasfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew about the Stealth Pro but would like to know if I could pick up a Exocet 2 style frame. I like the design of that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Here is my Chinese Dengfu bike. Built up for my own education and fun. I think the bike came out good. Have only ridden a couple of times so far but looking forward to putting some miles on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've followed generic TT frames, but I can't say that I've ever come across a generic Exocet 2 frame. Perhaps Planet X forked over a little more cash to have exclusive rights to the frame for a period of time.

I remember seeing pictures of the Exocet 2 at different angles. While I was initially impressed, (If I recall correctly) it has a very fat (not aero looking) head tube and the leading edge of the down tube is pointy (not an aerofoil shape). Probably not my first choice for a generic frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [epoch2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'm really in love with this frame and color. Where do i get it? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Bisgaard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dengfubikes google them. Or you can find the frame from any number of ebay sellers have this its the FM086. Also the velobuild site has a lot of information on the bikes from china as well including this frame if you want to get in on a group by.
Last edited by: Sharkbelly: Sep 13, 13 15:38
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Sharkbelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velobuild stopped doing group buys after constant frustration on delivery times etc from the vendors. The store has been closed until a week or so ago. They now offer items but it looks like the buyer goes directly to the manufacturer instead of through Velobuild.

The FM086 isn't offered now (plenty on ebay if you want one) but the "similar" version with a conventional front brake is for $819:

http://velobuildmall.com/...ent=7&vendorid=3

A vendor sells these on ebay also but they are $998.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [wasfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interestingly enough I was doing research on that frame and found it for $701.25 shipped

http://www.aliexpress.com/...Bike/1300099195.html
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know Dengfu is real and i'll get my thing at some point. Do you have any experiance with this shop? Seems like a really good price :).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just looking at the new Stevens Super Trofeo, isn't this just a rebranded Dengfu bike? A lot of similarities in the frame.
http://www.stevensbikes.de/...ou=DE&lang=nl_NL
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [siemons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, covered earlier in this thread concerning Eurobike.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [siemons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is and it's been covered. To me it only lends cred to the frame.

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [The_Swede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.facebook.com/...p;type=1&theater

Here is my Nebulla TT bike airbrushed by my grandson, it is an FM086 Hongfu frame, with Campy Centaur derailleurs and back to centre Campy shifters, Sinz 145mm crankset, Carbonzone 88 mm rrear wheel, Zipp 303 front and Adamo saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [old geezer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lovely job.
You might want to think about levelling the base bar, if you can do that & still get the extensions how you want them. I'm fairly sure that the main advantages of an airfoil shape on a base bar are lost if it's 15 degs off horizontal.
Hope you enjoy riding it.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [old geezer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
old geezer wrote:
Here is my Nebulla TT bike airbrushed by my grandson, it is an FM086 Hongfu frame, with Campy Centaur derailleurs and back to centre Campy shifters, Sinz 145mm crankset, Carbonzone 88 mm rrear wheel, Zipp 303 front and Adamo saddle.

Wow, that is an impressive paint job. Did you do it, or hire someone?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My problem is I am 78 years old and can't keep my head up, vertebrae in my neck is crumbling, having the bars tilted helps me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bisgaard wrote:

I'm really in love with this frame and color. Where do i get it? :)

From Cervelo.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Grandson has a business airbrushing various things, so I gave him cart blanche to do something in a space theme, as the old saying goes "If you can't go fast, look good!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 54cm for sale in the classifieds if that's the size you need. Otherwise, Deng Fu or several other Alibaba folk have them available. It's a worthy machine.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turboferret wrote:
This is my most recent Chinese tri bike

Frame from Dengfu, chinese wheels too, built up with mainly Ultegra Di2, Quarq and a Dash saddle. Seems to go OK.

Cheers, Rich

I'm about to buy this frame too. What size did you get yours? I'm 174cm tall and inseam of 83cm, what size should i get?
thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next