Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [jn46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I keep a handy sheet of extension dimensions. That should help you find something.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, thanks. Super helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was under the impression that Aeria Ultimate had pad and aero extension tilt capability, but I'm on the Profile Design site and that does not appear to be the case unless I'm missing it. There is plenty of lateral (left and right, fore and aft, and some toe-in), and a ton of vertical adjustment with many riser options, but I don't see angled shims to tilt. Is there a way to add any pad and extension tilt? -c
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [tripolar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Angled shims are a bodge to fix aerobars that lack tilt (with a couple of exceptions where they are part of a cohesive design approach)

You can see on the AU bracket that it tilts on the curved mount (where the numbers are)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your quick reply, that's exactly what I'm looking for! Mine shipped with a different bracket (image). I think I found the angle adjustable bracket on their site (link copied below). Does this look right? -c
https://profile-design.com/...ate-race-bracket-kit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, forgot to attach the image...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have an Aeria 1, not an Aeria 2 (which the UItimate is).
If you have an Aeria 1 you can't use the Aeria 2 brackets, you would need to order an Evo bracket https://profile-design.com/...ucts/evo-bracket-kit
The Evo was designed specifically to add tilt to the older model bar - PD had sold many thousands of those so didn't want to leave users without a solution to add tilt and better adjustment range
Last edited by: cyclenutnz: Jan 11, 21 13:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New products shown at Eurobike (continuing from the thread about WS)
Everything aside from the brackets is new in this image

43ASC (aero shaped carbon) extensions with Race+ armrests on a Wing Ultimate basebar

The principle behind the extension was to sweep the extension body across and up to where the riders arm is. The idea being to make one body from the perspective of the wind. CFD analysis was promising and led to the fin that tucks into the inside of the wrist.
Obviously there are length constraints, so a shorter option will follow a few months after this one.

Race+ armrest is a 40mm longer version of the Race, with a new 5-10-5mm tapered pad and grooved surface (same as Ergo+) for traction and moisture wicking

Wing Ultimate addresses the weight penalty of the Aeria Ultimate stem by integrating the stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wao, looks great.

Will the Aeria Ultimate bottle stil fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [Janlk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Janlk wrote:
Will the Aeria Ultimate bottle stil fit?

Not really, need to do a new bottle
This bar is much slimmer at the front, so there are big gaps with the HSF Aeria bottle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, as long as it is planned, this bar is an option for me ;-)

Just waiting for a good bottle solution as I'm not using the Aeria system until now.
Last edited by: Janlk: Jul 14, 22 3:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GTN have just posted good coverage on youtube, skip to about 8mins in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have any idea how to get angle adjustment on a J5/Supersonic bracket with risers (I think 50mm). Rotating around basebar leads to other fit problems...

Also, how long will the ASC extensions be in the large version uncut?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't suppose you know if an official release date has been put on the 43ASC extensions?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [JaBuddyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JaBuddyG wrote:
I don't suppose you know if an official release date has been put on the 43ASC extensions?

One of the sales team told me he is expecting product to ship in late September. Availability to the public in early November

Edited with updated information
Last edited by: cyclenutnz: Jul 20, 22 13:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [bas2205] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bas2205 wrote:
Do you have any idea how to get angle adjustment on a J5/Supersonic bracket with risers (I think 50mm). Rotating around basebar leads to other fit problems...

Is the loss of reach a problem? Have you flipped the brackets forward prior to tilting? I have my supersonics in the forward orientation and tilted to 15deg. There isn't a product from PD to tilt the SS any other way.

Quote:
Also, how long will the ASC extensions be in the large version uncut?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, reach (and hitting my knees against elbows) are issues - I am rather tall, 204cm/6'8" with long limbs.

I have my current extensions maxed out, hence the question about the ASC length.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [bas2205] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is your frame model and Pad XY/tilt?
As well as stem length/angle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(I'm cross posting here and in the Official QR Fit thread)

I have a new QR PRFour with a Profile Design cockpit that feels too small. I have the seat set back and the extensions moved forward as far as possible. I also have the pads as far forward as possible. My most comfortable position has the tips of my elbows on the pads and my hands dangling over my mechanical 105 shifters (and even then I can only stay in the extensions for 4-5 mins at a time).

Should I try getting a longer stem? The bike has a 70mm PD stem; I'm thinking of getting an 80 or 90mm stem. Or do I need a different bike?

Last edited by: nanban_ronin: Jul 31, 22 19:07
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [nanban_ronin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pics and video below. Any suggestions are appreciated:

Last edited by: nanban_ronin: Jul 31, 22 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [nanban_ronin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think those are Dura-Ace shifters.

You need a lot more reach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm afraid you need a frame two sizes larger (maybe even 3, would have to do a proper fit to know)
Shorter cranks would be nice too
You don't want to be in a situation where you are making yourself fit to the bike (which is what you've been trying to do) instead of making the bike fit you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
I'm afraid you need a frame two sizes larger (maybe even 3, would have to do a proper fit to know)
Shorter cranks would be nice too
You don't want to be in a situation where you are making yourself fit to the bike (which is what you've been trying to do) instead of making the bike fit you

Thanks. It's incredibly depressing to know I paid to be measured/fitted and ended up with purchasing a bike I can't use in 5 weeks for a HIM. Was really hoping a longer stem would solve my problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the crank arm length?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nanban_ronin wrote:

Thanks. It's incredibly depressing to know I paid to be measured/fitted and ended up with purchasing a bike I can't use in 5 weeks for a HIM. Was really hoping a longer stem would solve my problems.

Sorry about that.
If you need a solution for 5 weeks time, then sure - get a 40mm longer stem, it will feel a lot better. But it will make the bike feel less stable, whether or not that is a problem is individual - some people don't care and others do.
What info were you given from the fit?
Quote Reply

Prev Next