Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delay

Something wrong with the description field as those 75mm stems should show Row 3 for Pads (correct in the Pad Row cell)
You would definitely want both the stem and bar in the high positions
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any update on availability of the PD 43ASC extensions?

I asked the following on the PD Oceania Facebook site, but was told the info will be released soon...

Is there anymore details on the configuration, i.e. are the risers integrated into that base bar or is it more modular like the standard PD brackets that wrap around a 31.8mm centre clamp?
Does the new base bar connect to a standard stem?
Any BTA bottle cages / computer mounts coming for this?

Anyone got anymore info?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [Fresh79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 43ASC is just the extension, with a standard 22.2mm clamp area that is 110mm long

Availability - the APAC manager has endeavoured to get a small number into Oceania. There may be a very limited amount available in Australia in the next few weeks. I'd suggest finding a PD stockist and getting them on the case with the distributor (bikecorp) as the extensions will likely disappear in a day or two based on the number of queries I've had.

The Wing20C+ bar uses the aeria 2 bracket system, that has specific risers. It also has a 20mm change in grip and pad stack by flipping the bar.

The Wing20C+ works with any 31.8 stem, but is intended to pair best with the Tri Stem that I've mentioned earlier.

BTA mount specific to these extensions will be a while away (as in, hasn't started anywhere other than in my head)
Computer mount is nearing the end of the design phase, production these days probably means another year to be in market. It's quite nifty as I will finally get the garmin mount I've always wanted.
Last edited by: cyclenutnz: Oct 19, 22 3:00
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info! Are the risers for the Wing20C+ the same as the Aeria 2, i.e. do I need to buy new brackets if I invest in the new bar?

The hydration bottle in the picture ... any details on that? How is it fastened? Does it require the Tri Stem or can it connect to anything? (I have a BMC TM01 with a proprietary 'P2P' stem)

Thanks again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The risers have changed, but it's all forward and backward compatible.
Aeria 2 uses A2 risers, which have built in curves
A3 risers were revised to be lighter and cheaper (but cost increases have wiped that) and you can see in the image above they're flat top and bottom then have an adaptor sitting on top for the bracket.

All you need to do to use A2 risers is sit them above the adaptor. A3 under, A2 over is all you need to know

The bottle pictured is the HSF Aeroflow 700 (there will be a 900 and 1050, referring to the volume in ml)
It uses the same clip system as the HSF Aeria
I'm afraid there is no way to attach the clip to any of the generations of the TM01, including the upcoming Speedmachine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When the previous Aeria bottle was released, you suggested it tested very fast, making most bikes faster with it attached. Eyeball sind tunnel agreed with that. It was very slim and nicely shaped. How does this new chunky bottle compare?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The HSF Aeroflow isn't replacing the HSF Aeria. The aim for the Aeroflow is to work well with 31.8 bars - the hammerhead hides the 31.8 and the aerobar clamps. My goal is to make mortal bikes more super. As mentioned, production cost rises have blown out the original price targets, but still - a Tri Stem + Aeroflow is cheaper than an AU Stem + HSF Aeria.

As a more price oriented product the R&D that can go in is a bit limited. So what I did was measure the headtubes from the QR PR Series and Cervelo P-Series, then get my guys to make the shape of the bottle flow nicely. Those bikes chosen because they are the extremes of head tube depth on modern bikes and also are likely to be the most common models to have the bottle fitted.

Red looking at Cervelo, blue for QR.
The intent being to make the two parts look like one airfoil to the wind. Yes there is a gap as we don't have the rubber gusset of the HSF Aeria but in theory the flow should reattach

Then we did basic CFD to check what was happening at the bars
no bottle

with bottle

reduction in higher pressure areas by taking away faces that are presented to the wind

Won't know how well this has all worked until we get some testing done. But the principles behind the design are quite strong

From a functional viewpoint - being able to offer multiple sizes by simplifying (compared to HSF Aeria) the mould requirements then means that riders can choose the size that covers more of their head tube on larger frames. And for larger frames can carry a lot more fluid than previously possible. For small frames - the HSF Aeroflow 700 fits onto bikes that can't use the HSF Aeria.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi -

I've had a bike fit done and picked up a CF 8 Disc in size small. I've got longer legs and shorter torso, and currently have terrible flexibility that I'm working to address, so reach was a bit compromised. While I work on flexibility, what are my options for armrests that will allow mounting a little rearward on the PD Subsonic brackets? I was looking at things like the Ergo+ / Race+ armrests mounted in reverse, but noticed that was specifically frowned upon in the associated manual.

Any other feedback on things to consider?

Thanks,
Bryan

PS> I've cross-posted in the Canyon fit thread, but the armrest question might be better addressed here. Hope that's okay!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
I'm afraid there is no way to attach the clip to any of the generations of the TM01, including the upcoming Speedmachine

Heya, do you know if the PD Aerodrink basebar bracket is compatible with the TM01 stem? https://profiledesign-au.com/...nk-basebar-bracket-1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
43SC Availability - the APAC manager has endeavoured to get a small number into Oceania. There may be a very limited amount available in Australia in the next few weeks. I'd suggest finding a PD stockist and getting them on the case with the distributor (bikecorp) as the extensions will likely disappear in a day or two based on the number of queries I've had.
Any updates on 43ASC availability for the United States?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the current TM01, but the older one with the Tri-Angle stem used a standard 31.8mm bar so that would work as long as the bar had a wide enough central area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll ask when I am back in the office* next week

*sounds more official than it is - actually a small cabin by my driveway
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
New products shown at Eurobike (continuing from the thread about WS)
Everything aside from the brackets is new in this image

43ASC (aero shaped carbon) extensions with Race+ armrests on a Wing Ultimate basebar

The principle behind the extension was to sweep the extension body across and up to where the riders arm is. The idea being to make one body from the perspective of the wind. CFD analysis was promising and led to the fin that tucks into the inside of the wrist.
Obviously there are length constraints, so a shorter option will follow a few months after this one.

Race+ armrest is a 40mm longer version of the Race, with a new 5-10-5mm tapered pad and grooved surface (same as Ergo+) for traction and moisture wicking

Wing Ultimate addresses the weight penalty of the Aeria Ultimate stem by integrating the stem.

Does anyone have any update on availability in Europe please? I need new extensions and would love to buy these but it seems nowhere to be found yet...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
khanlon wrote:
Any updates on 43ASC availability for the United States?

Some are shipping to the USA this week, so 4-5weeks before they're available to the market
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [BBursey199] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the slow reply, we took a longish summer holiday

There aren't any armrests you can mount further back than the Ergo models that came on your bike.

I do have to ask how your fit was performed, because your measurements say TCR, which implies you're setting up your tri bike based on a road bike fit.
In which case you could look at moving your saddle forward, which would open your hip angle and increase your pad x
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [s.kral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s.kral wrote:

Does anyone have any update on availability in Europe please? I need new extensions and would love to buy these but it seems nowhere to be found yet...

70 sets are shipping to Europe, the distributors for Germany, Spain and UK have placed orders and will have them available in March.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello and thanks in advance for the assistance! I just got an X-PR (size 54, 90mm stem, 160 crank) with PD ultimate aeria wing/ergo 35c extensions, and am a little confused on how to get the max advertised armpad width. How do I orient all the bolt holes to get the 254mm Pad Z? Any other tips/recommendations for fit would be great. Thanks!

Pad X: 424 (470 to saddle)
Pad Y: 695 (fit report says to top of armpad which I assume means where my arm rests rather than the highest point of the cup!)
Pad Z: 253
Grip Z: 71
Ext Length: 357
Tilt: zero
Last edited by: SBR1999: Feb 3, 23 14:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David

Tangentially related to Profile Design, but looking at adding a Aeria Ultimate to my P-Series.

Question about stems, the 1/Seventeen Stem HSF Aeria Faceplate says it's for the 1/Seventeen Stem (not the 1/Seven) but I don't need a -17 stem drop, would I be able to use the 1/ZeroSeven instead or am I stuck wit the 1/Seventeen?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [gromaton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 1/zeroseven doesn't work with the HSF faceplate because it would tilt the bottle up, so we haven't safety tested (just in case you were thinking you could deal with the tilted bottle)

For a 100mm stem on a P-Series there is a 14mm difference in Bar Y between a -17deg and -7deg stem (unless you have a 48, then it's 15mm)
Which should be possible to make up with aerobar risers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, will get the 1/Seventeen Stem then.

One final question, the Aeria 2 is it worth waiting for that to hit the market and go for that? Or just get the Aeria?
And would the faceplate be backwards compatible?

Target race will be 70.3 Taupo in December and happy just using my zip tied bottle cage BTA for training till then.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [SBR1999] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the slow reply

As you can see - wider side of the pads to the outside, bolts on the most outside bracket holes

Your pad Y will be to the back or middle of the armrest, including the height of the pad

For your position

You are at the highest stack and most setback point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you asking about a new bottle or bar? Assuming bottle:
The HSF Aeroflow is coming and is focused on disc brake bikes, goes nicely with a P-series.
If you have a large frame the HSF Aeroflow will give you more fluid capacity than the HSF Aeria
The HSF Aeroflow and Tri stem were designed together to optimise spacing to the headtube
The HSF Aeria and 1/seventeen stem sit further forward, so with a disc bike the best option is the HSF Aeroflow
I don't know ETA for consumer products, I think they will be available well in advance of Taupo 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a 54cm so sounds like capacity will be the same?

Will just run the bottle cage for now and hopefully be quick with grabbing the Aeroflow when it arrives in NZ

Appreciate all the help.
Enjoying the marginal gains Monday too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a 54 you would be able to use a size medium HSF Aeroflow, which will be 930ml, a little larger than the HSF Aeria

I'm running out of topics for MGM, suggestions of questions to be answered would be welcome...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I'd be interested in hearing about
- Shorter cranks (I think you've touched on them but a deeper dive),
- If you don't have space/money for a TT bike getting an effective fit on a road bike with clip ons
- Tri suits, how to pick a quick one/how to read wind tunnel data and not get sucked into the marketing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next