Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [ColeG2016] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would only work on the Subsonic if you have super long extensions, really a very rare scenario and not worth it.
Better to get a Sonic or Supersonic bracket
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I was assuming. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [BrzilianTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I just got my 43 asc’s. very nice. maybe i am too lean, but for me they do not contact my forarm at all really. My hot take is that maybe if my forarms were a couple of inches longer (pads further back) i would have better contact. the forarm section seems to be designed to work with pads that are flush with the top of the extension bars clamping area.

note: right now i am using the felt dagger stem/pd svete bar/bayonet mounts/brackets, and the original profile design race armrests (5mm pads i believe).

The 43 asc’s have a shorter clamping range, so to get them as short as i want, i need a combined base-bar/extension clamp solution (supersonic). i may upgrade to the race+pads while i am at it.

the ergonomics of the bars make me think they were designed for someone with narrow hands, long forarms, or a very very low pad setup. or they were never designed to support once you get below the wrist.
Last edited by: Rocket_racing: Jun 26, 23 20:21
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"or they were never designed to support once you get below the wrist."

It would have to be a very different design to offer a reasonable range of adjustment and fit a 22.2mm bracket.
Always intended as an intermediate step between full round and one piece.
Also, if you get a race+ armrest it's 40mm longer so you have a good contact area at elbow, then the ASC design adds wrist contact.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
"or they were never designed to support once you get below the wrist."

It would have to be a very different design to offer a reasonable range of adjustment and fit a 22.2mm bracket.
Always intended as an intermediate step between full round and one piece.
Also, if you get a race+ armrest it's 40mm longer so you have a good contact area at elbow, then the ASC design adds wrist contact.

yeah i measured it out and they are obviously designed to work together. also tempting to make a foam contact point in between for fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks really nice. The hand position looks very comfortable. I ended up getting the drag2zero extension because it was available and a little cheaper.

Tiago
---------------------
Sponsors: : Blueseventy :
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [BrzilianTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I am looking to identify the raiser kit to buy for my canyon speedmax 2021 (CF8 etap). Can anyone help me identify which model of Profile design aerobar I and which kit would be compatible.

Thank you in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [claiie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://profile-design.com/collections/aerobar-spare-parts/products/a2a-riser-kit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any tips for keeping the filling port covers on the Aeria HSF hydration in place? I have had them pop out several times when I have hit bumps in the pavement.

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds like you have put the rubber covers on after the plastic cap.
Re-assembly after cleaning order:
- fill port covers in bottle
- straw through plastic cover
- straw into bottle
- clip plastic cover on, top of fill port covers should be flush
- reinstall nose piece (computer mount or blank) with bolt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
That sounds like you have put the rubber covers on after the plastic cap.
Re-assembly after cleaning order:
- fill port covers in bottle
- straw through plastic cover
- straw into bottle
- clip plastic cover on, top of fill port covers should be flush
- reinstall nose piece (computer mount or blank) with bolt

Wow, you are good. This was 100% user error. Thanks for the response!

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sonofdad wrote:

Wow, you are good. This was 100% user error. Thanks for the response!

You are far from the first to have this issue, so I didn't have to think too hard about the answer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wondering if PD has a basebar with an up/downturn or orientation like the P5X basebar?
I thought there used to be one,but I don’t see anything currently on the website that looks like it’s designed this way.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [TCoBGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything with a number in the name is flippable, the number indicates the magnitude of the change in grip height
https://profile-design.com/collections/carbon-aerobars/products/wing-20c-ergo-35slc

If you're thinking back to the Svet - there was a more swoopy one similar to the look of the P5X. But all the current ones are flat, with the offset achieved at the transition from 31.8 section to the wing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is the max insertable bar length for the subsonic? and what is the length of the subsonic from mid bar to the tip? I am just trying to visualize if i can get a 340mm 43asc to work with it. i like the low stack height… but i think the pad mounts will not give me the reach i want.

thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
43 asc: any garmin mount solutions near the hands? love the bar, but would prefer not to mount my garmin down by the armrests.
Last edited by: Rocket_racing: Sep 12, 23 19:00
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why does PD not sell a complete aerobar with the new 43ASC? I'm not going to buy an aerobar that I will immediately "throw away" the extensions for.

Alternatively, why can I not buy a base bar with flat mount risers, vs the standard round bracket clamp.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Wing20C+ is about to be available with just brackets, flatmount risers are available separately

It has been a long road to get this to happen as there has been a historical preference for selling complete bars. But I have way too many take off carbon extensions from that policy.

A future step is that all components will be available individually from key dealers, so you can choose the brackets too.

43ASC not sold in a complete because of the fit limitations it brings. So the solution above is aimed at reducing wastage and cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
The Wing20C+ is about to be available with just brackets, flatmount risers are available separately

It has been a long road to get this to happen as there has been a historical preference for selling complete bars. But I have way too many take off carbon extensions from that policy.

A future step is that all components will be available individually from key dealers, so you can choose the brackets too.

43ASC not sold in a complete because of the fit limitations it brings. So the solution above is aimed at reducing wastage and cost.

Dreams do come true then!

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rocket_racing wrote:
what is the max insertable bar length for the subsonic? and what is the length of the subsonic from mid bar to the tip? I am just trying to visualize if i can get a 340mm 43asc to work with it. i like the low stack height… but i think the pad mounts will not give me the reach i want.

thanks.

Sorry for the slow reply on this

So ~126mm from bar centre to the tip (max insert ~85mm)
Then 230mm min for 43ASC-340
+ whatever offset you have, minimum is 17.5mm if you're slammed forward
Thus the shortest pad-ext possible is ~374mm

As for garmin mounts. Working on something but it's a while away as the first design got ditched.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will there also be a 38, or 40mm version, as you also offer it for the version without +?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [Janlk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm afraid not. My original aim had been to have the same mould for the standard and the plus, so that there could be a range of widths in both.
But that didn't work, so the costs for the plus were too high to make more sizes.
It is something I have in mind though, I always aim for a range of sizes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:

What is the timeline on this?

IG - @ryanppax
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
What is the timeline on this?

I'm never that good on knowing what happens on the distribution side. However, in this instance I see that it has gone on the Q4 order form for distributors. I believe those orders typically arrive in the USA mid January. I may have accelerated the process a little to get the ones pictured to build on client bikes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next