Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have infornation the desgin thoughts / aero of the HSF aerodrink 880?

I appreciate you have to test to knkw what for certain, but interestes to know anyones' experience or insights.

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [RLB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You really would have to test. The 880 is in the range for people that like the style of the aerodrink system. To hit the pricepoint there was no aero work done during development (in fact I was barely involved).
From testing other systems I'd expect a BTA to perform better, but you might be lucky.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
You really would have to test. The 880 is in the range for people that like the style of the aerodrink system. To hit the pricepoint there was no aero work done during development (in fact I was barely involved).
From testing other systems I'd expect a BTA to perform better, but you might be lucky.

thank you

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Wow, they are out and got a hell of a deal! $556

I got an Ordu, so I dont even need them anymore but would make a great addition to a P series

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Last edited by: Ryanppax: Nov 14, 23 8:40
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the wrong bracket in the images on the site - it should be the standard bracket that has a larger armrest mount area. The race bracket has a lot more adjustment.
But aside from that detail - it's good to see a results for my efforts to give riders more options for dialling in their fit without having to buy extra parts.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have probably missed the relevant discussion
but wat is this? I have a p series and looking at options now...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [flight<bird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the Wing20C+ sold as just basebar and bracket, allowing the rider to choose their extensions and armrests.
So instead of spending USD 725 to get the complete and having parts that may not be ideal, you can choose the bare option and get exactly what you want
Both options shown here https://profile-design.com/...ions/carbon-aerobars

For a P-series - the Wing20C+ with a Tri stem does a good job of tidying things up. Allows routing the cables through the stem to get a really clean look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Cyclenutz. I’ve been looking at finally upgrading the cockpit of my P3 and am interested in the Wing 20C+. However, I’m scratching my head trying to understand the pricing on this. The basebar alone is $290 and the bracket kit is $149 if I were to buy the parts separately. Yet on the website, the Wing with aerobar kit together is $556 - a difference of more than $100. Am I missing something? Thanks for your response.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [Shoolaroo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Wing20C has a 31.8mm clamping area for clip on aerobars
The Wing20C+ gets mounts for the integrated brackets (the + means added cost ;-) )
Slowman has given his thoughts on the differences here https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ursuit_Bar_8572.html

The main advantages of the + are:
- you can hide Di2 cables better (if you have them)
- pads don't swing back as much when tilted
- there are a bunch of addons coming for the A3 riser platform that can't be added for clipons
- looks better
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you.

Do you have a PadX/Pad Y range for a size 58 P series that is equipped with this set up (tri stem, wing 20c+, ergo pads)

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [flight<bird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With 0 deg angle

With 15 deg

If the bar is in the high orientation everything goes up by 20mm
And this isn't taking account of any steerer spacers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi @cyclenutnz,

May I please request a similar fit range detail comparing the size 54 and 56 Cervelo P-Series?

I'm currently using an Aeria Ultimate II bar, 100mm Aeria Ultimate V2 stem, 35C+ extensions and Race+ armrests. I absolutely love this setup, but looking to switch to a disc brake TT bike this year and want to keep my cockpit - hence the P-Series.

My pad reach is 445 (back of pad), and stack is 635, I'm using all 15 degrees of tilt. Looking at the Cervelo website I appear to be between a 54 and 56?

I would like to go a little longer with the next bike - as I'm maxed out reach wise on my current bike. Some images using a basic fit tool to see just how cramped I may be with the current frame, pictured with 170mm cranks - 165mm cranks in the mail:

Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [justdofit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

you're definitely a 56
The green dots are for the 56 with a new bar setup that would give you more capacity to go up if needed (in general I try to avoid being at the extreme of the adjustment range)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks mate, you’re a legend - much appreciated! đŸș
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First competitive outing for my new toys today

Unfortunately when I say competitive I mean other people were competing. I was just out there to make people feel good about passing someone with all the gear and no idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
First competitive outing for my new toys today

Unfortunately when I say competitive I mean other people were competing. I was just out there to make people feel good about passing someone with all the gear and no idea.

That is one awesome good looking bar system!

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It will be better once the proper pads are ready instead of hacked up bits of other ones.
Also the production ones are much lighter than my 3D printed alloy test units.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey
Any idea of which computer mount works with the ASC43 ?
I tried the k edge tt but it's too small for the handlebars grips
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [Triingfrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There isn't anything yet
What I did was zip tie a bridge between the extensions and strap a mount on
There are nicer options coming
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
There isn't anything yet
What I did was zip tie a bridge between the extensions and strap a mount on
There are nicer options coming

Sounds good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone any experience with the ASC43 aerobars on a Shiv Disc (Tri version) in combination with Di2 shifters?
It isn't really clear to me where the Di2 cable exits the aerobars?...

With the standard bars, the cable exits somewhere along the bar, so it can be routed as shown in the image below...

Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [HVDB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on current stack height, where would be my positioning with 52 ASC 400?

On the fence on the PD angle wedge 10 or 15?

Currently using PD 52A 400

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
https://strava.app.link/HoaJ6fq5AHb
Last edited by: brad.bischoff: Mar 2, 24 18:30
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [brad.bischoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately you would miss the grips if you used a wedge with the 52ASC
What you need is the 39AH https://profile-design.com/...-aluminum-extensions
It is a 39a that has been elevated to match a 15deg pad angle
Quote Reply
Re: Official Fit Assistance for Profile Design Bars [HVDB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HVDB wrote:
Anyone any experience with the ASC43 aerobars on a Shiv Disc (Tri version) in combination with Di2 shifters?
It isn't really clear to me where the Di2 cable exits the aerobars?...

With the standard bars, the cable exits somewhere along the bar, so it can be routed as shown in the image below...

Sorry I missed this question.
The only cable exit is out the rear of the extensions on any current model Profile Design extension.
So you would need to go over the top of the extension socket from the rear and down through the central hole
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
First competitive outing for my new toys today.

First, whatever you’re testing there, integrated extension cup/pad setup, looks amazing. When might we get more info or be able to get these under our arms?

Second, ‘22 Felt IA Advanced AXS
 is it possible to mount an HSF Aeria up front?

Must I use the PD Tri Stem or do you know if the 1/Seventeen HSF Face-Plate will replace the stock Felt stem bar cap?

If the Tri Stem is required, do you know if the rear flap portion of the HSF Aeria (its’ side covers) will cover the area opened by changing stems & loosing the stock head tube fairing, that’s attached to the stock stem via two screws?

Also, I’m this “” close to ordering the Wing 20c+ kit with ASC extensions, assuming what you’re testing won’t be available by June ‘24. Considering the above, any issues to be aware of?

Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next