Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is he suspended from? Mt Bike races or Triathlon?

http://www.procompression.com - Athletic Performance Socks
discount code ES20 20%
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [BIG EZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BIG EZ wrote:
What is he suspended from? Mt Bike races or Triathlon?

---

A cross..

---
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [BIG EZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could be wrong but it seems like he's banned from all competition
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Dubsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dubsey wrote:
I could be wrong but it seems like he's banned from all competition

oh great; he and the wife were coming over for scrabble tomorrow night, now that's shot to hell.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Mapletop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mapletop wrote:
Nice detective work Axel....I am his father-in-law and know far more about this case than anyone who is posting here. It's really sad that some are so quick to jump on without any knowledge whatsoever or any notion of the process. I'll leave you with this, it's pretty fundamental.....a politically appointed Austrian commission refused to determine the outcome on the appeal and asked the Austrian State's Attorney to look at the case and make a finding. The SA office did so and concluded this summer that there was no factual evidence to support the underlying allegations that formed the basis of the case. The SA exonerated Weiss. This NADA decision today flies in the face of an objective an unbiased review by an experienced investigative body. Does that not raise questions? I'm done.

Axel wrote:
Michi and Rachel Cole
Michi and Rachel Cole

Michael and Rachel married on August 6th in Kennebunkport, Maine. The couple met during Ironman Hawaii in 2009 and currently lives in Colorado Springs with their dog, Kona – named after the legendary race.
The church ceremony took place at South Congregational Church and was performed by Rev. Charles Whiston and Michael’s oldest friend, Mag. Michael Simmer of Austria.
Following the ceremony, Rachel’s parents, Jeff and Kim Cole, hosted a reception for 125 guests at their countryside farm known as MAPLETOP.
The couple is now preparing for a series of World Championship races including; Las Vegas 70.3, Ironman Hawaii, and Xterra Maui where Michi will represent Austria and Rachel will deliver SRMlive Telemetry.

Many thanks to family and friends for the kind wishes, love, and support!"

from his website.

:-)

Cool..so do you have like cows and stuff on your farm?

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Last edited by: stringcheese: Nov 29, 11 14:54
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

To have cows first you must have bulls,
and with bulls comes shit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mapletop wrote:
It matters not for whom I speak, the facts matter, and the quote below sums it up. NADA refused to make a decision upon appeal and so requested the State's Attorney to review the facts and make a decision, which they diid earlier this year in Weiss' favor. NADA now doesn't like the outcome. In the US, I think we call that "Double Jeopardy". Apparently Austria knows nothing of that.

eganski wrote:
Mapletop wrote:
This is not from anything that is remotely recent. NADA is a politically motivated agency and this development is in complete disagreement with a ruling by an Austrian state's attorney that exonerated Weiss weeks ago.

This is exactly what appears on the homepage story. So I must assume 2 things-

You speak for Weiss, and your caps lock is on.

I can't hear you...can you speak up a bit?
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>Kind of changes your "facts" quite dramatically, doesn't it?

Another example of going after an athlete with hearsay and circumstantial evidence (as opposed to a positive test or physical evidence)

I have mixed feelings about that. You'd certainly like the strength of science or physical evidence before you destroy a career. But I also feel if you require those two things, the dopers will always win, e.g. if you show them where the bar is, they'll find a way to sidestep the bar with consistency.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More importantly: I was in Kennebunport on that date. Why wasn't I invited?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mapletop wrote:
It matters not for whom I speak, the facts matter, and the quote below sums it up. NADA refused to make a decision upon appeal and so requested the State's Attorney to review the facts and make a decision, which they diid earlier this year in Weiss' favor. NADA now doesn't like the outcome. In the US, I think we call that "Double Jeopardy". Apparently Austria knows nothing of that.

Hmm, well, if you don't want to be potentially subjected to Austria's laws then, um, don't commit crimes in Austria ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mapletop wrote:
Nice detective work Axel....I am his father-in-law and know far more about this case than anyone who is posting here. It's really sad that some are so quick to jump on without any knowledge whatsoever or any notion of the process. I'll leave you with this, it's pretty fundamental.....a politically appointed Austrian commission refused to determine the outcome on the appeal and asked the Austrian State's Attorney to look at the case and make a finding. The SA office did so and concluded this summer that there was no factual evidence to support the underlying allegations that formed the basis of the case. The SA exonerated Weiss. This NADA decision today flies in the face of an objective an unbiased review by an experienced investigative body. Does that not raise questions? I'm done.

Axel wrote:
Michi and Rachel Cole
Michi and Rachel Cole

Michael and Rachel married on August 6th in Kennebunkport, Maine. The couple met during Ironman Hawaii in 2009 and currently lives in Colorado Springs with their dog, Kona – named after the legendary race.
The church ceremony took place at South Congregational Church and was performed by Rev. Charles Whiston and Michael’s oldest friend, Mag. Michael Simmer of Austria.
Following the ceremony, Rachel’s parents, Jeff and Kim Cole, hosted a reception for 125 guests at their countryside farm known as MAPLETOP.
The couple is now preparing for a series of World Championship races including; Las Vegas 70.3, Ironman Hawaii, and Xterra Maui where Michi will represent Austria and Rachel will deliver SRMlive Telemetry.

Many thanks to family and friends for the kind wishes, love, and support!"

From his website.

:-)

Have you ever considered adding ferns to your son-in-laws workout space? From my understanding, ferns combined with a humidifier are far superior to blood doping, and the sporting bodies are fully on board with their use. I don't know the facts of the case, but that is immaterial, what is important is that we promote healthy, environmentally friendly alternatives to cheating in sport, and ferns are quite simply the best thing you can put in your work space. In fact, putting a small stem off of a fern into your water bottle will raise your lactic threshold by 2-3% DURING THE RIDE. You might also consider telling him that placing ferns throughout his home will only increase the benefits exponentially.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mapletop wrote:
jackmott wrote:
well whether it was a good call or not would depend on whether he really did do blood transfusions or not.

we the public, at the moment, only know that Bernhard Kohl said he did.

if you know more details, fill us in =)

TIME WILL AFFORD SATISFACTION TO YOUR INQUIRY. UNTIL THEN, TREAT MICHAEL WEISS AAS YOU'D LIKE TO BE TREATED IF IN THIS SITUATION. UNDERSTAND THAT NADA IS FAR FROM AN UNBIASED IMPARTIAL AUTHORITY AS YOU WOULD EXPECT AN AMERICAN AGENCY OF IT'S KIND TO BE. ALLOWING HERESAY AS EVIDENCE WOULD NEVER BE PERMITTED IN AMERICA.

Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Death by tray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Have you ever considered adding ferns to your son-in-laws workout space? From my understanding, ferns combined with a humidifier are far superior to blood doping, and the sporting bodies are fully on board with their use. I don't know the facts of the case, but that is immaterial, what is important is that we promote healthy, environmentally friendly alternatives to cheating in sport, and ferns are quite simply the best thing you can put in your work space. In fact, putting a small stem off of a fern into your water bottle will raise your lactic threshold by 2-3% DURING THE RIDE. You might also consider telling him that placing ferns throughout his home will only increase the benefits exponentially.

this is the craziest thing I've read on slowtwitch ever. It tops even the libertarian ranting in the Lavender Room. Congratulations.
Last edited by: JustinPB: Nov 29, 11 15:36
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm having lunch with him on Thursday...this could be awkward...

Quote | Reply
JustinPB wrote:
Quote:

this is the craziest thing I've read on slowtwitch ever. It tops even the libertarian ranting in the Lavender Room. Congratulations.

Is it crazy, or is it so sane that I just blew your mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: JimMoss: Nov 29, 11 15:55
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [JimMoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well played sir. Well played.

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awfull... I love it

--------------------------------------------------

Triathlon was started by a bunch of kids at the swimming hole, who heard the ice cream man. They swam to their bikes, chased down the truck, jumped off their bikes, and ran to be first in line.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salmon Steve wrote:

To have cows first you must have bulls,
and with bulls comes shit.

That's some elitist bullshit right there.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [JimMoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the only mistake MapleTop has made here on this forum is to think it has any relevance to his familial issue. As in, seriously MapleTop, why give a FCK what ST thinks of your son-in-laws legal issues? If there ever was a "bigger fish to fry" this is truly it!! Go talk to CAS, not ST!

Now that aside, the facts at hand for lay people like me not in the know are:

- Bernard Kohl is an admitted cheat that has ratted Weiss' name re: blood doping (sounds arguably similar to a certain 7 champ).
- failing a red blood count test in 2007 before the UCI MTB World championships which in itself is not a positive test
- winner of Ironman ST. George and XTERRA World's since

Who do we believe? Certainly, where there is elevated red blood cells there is smoke, and usually fire based on many cases of the past. Pantani, Riis, and my country's Genevieve Jeanson (a sad, sad case truly)

Mike's quote below is interesting to me too because it can be suggested it outlines his cycling career was tainted and tri career is not. Given the $$ in triathlon I actually suspect his tri wins are clean. The issue is, they are tainted by the pleads of innocence post red blood cell test.

""All of my results in triathlon will remain standing, as the case has no basis in my career as a triathlete."

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mapletop wrote:
UNDERSTAND THAT NADA IS FAR FROM AN UNBIASED IMPARTIAL AUTHORITY AS YOU WOULD EXPECT AN AMERICAN AGENCY OF IT'S KIND TO BE.

LOL, it's funny how we all perceive our own country's system of justice to be far superior to anyone else's

Mapletop wrote:
ALLOWING HERESAY AS EVIDENCE WOULD NEVER BE PERMITTED IN AMERICA.

allowing a blood-stained glove as evidence would never be permitted as evidence in America.
requireing someont to testify against their spouse is not permitted in America.
allowing someone to be tried a second time for the same crime is not permitted in America.
requiring someone to provide testimony that may incriminate them is not permitted in America.
requiring a defendant to take the stand and answer questions concerning the allegations against them is not permitted in America.

It's quite remarkable that they can legally take a blood sample from an athlete in America without probable cause.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [elpete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does this mean LA moves up to 22nd in XTERRA worlds?

:)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by FJB [ In reply to ]
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
>Kind of changes your "facts" quite dramatically, doesn't it?

Another example of going after an athlete with hearsay and circumstantial evidence (as opposed to a positive test or physical evidence)

I have mixed feelings about that. You'd certainly like the strength of science or physical evidence before you destroy a career. But I also feel if you require those two things, the dopers will always win, e.g. if you show them where the bar is, they'll find a way to sidestep the bar with consistency.

There's this misconception that circumstancial evidence is a somehow lesser or weaker form of evidence.
Last edited by: AlanShearer: Nov 29, 11 17:11
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [steve_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a) finish this term paper, or; b) get the popcorn..

going with b)

Ha ha ha, me too.

If there is one thing I have learned on ST is to be very careful with your words. If you rub someone the wrong way, the attacks will come and dirt will be dug up very quickly. Some people around here scare me but God help me, I can't stay away............
Quote Reply

Prev Next