Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gandalf wrote:

It's quite remarkable that they can legally take a blood sample from an athlete in America without probable cause.

Why is it remarkable? The athlete is within his right to refuse the blood test.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
Dubsey wrote:
I could be wrong but it seems like he's banned from all competition

oh great; he and the wife were coming over for scrabble tomorrow night, now that's shot to hell.

hahaha

-------
http://www.y-rocket.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Mapletop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mapletop need to be voted of the island, no screaming in the classroom childrens
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Rocky M [ In reply to ]
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [JimMoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JimMoss wrote:

Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [JimMoss] [In reply to] Edit | Delete | Quote | Reply

Kenny Rogers had MORE plastic surgery? Sheesh, barely knew it was him if it weren't for the beard!
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slimfast wrote:
This really isn't much of a surprise. The only shocking thing here is how the triathlon community was so welcoming to this guy in spite of his previously tarnished reputation in cycling. In all of the hype surrounding this uber-biker there was very little reference to the doping allegations, which I always found somewhat strange.

Funny. Those same words can apply to Lance Armstrong.

Quote | Reply
JustinPB wrote:
Quote:

Have you ever considered adding ferns to your son-in-laws workout space? From my understanding, ferns combined with a humidifier are far superior to blood doping, and the sporting bodies are fully on board with their use. I don't know the facts of the case, but that is immaterial, what is important is that we promote healthy, environmentally friendly alternatives to cheating in sport, and ferns are quite simply the best thing you can put in your work space. In fact, putting a small stem off of a fern into your water bottle will raise your lactic threshold by 2-3% DURING THE RIDE. You might also consider telling him that placing ferns throughout his home will only increase the benefits exponentially.

this is the craziest thing I've read on slowtwitch ever. It tops even the libertarian ranting in the Lavender Room. Congratulations.

You have to have been here for a while - death by tray is referring to a classic ST thread...
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was the weirdest thread ever. It's like a book I can't finish, every once in a while I'll go back and read part of it, but have never read it in its entirety.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The question remains, who was Mapletop originally before Jeff showed up for the finale?

---------------------------------------------
Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding it hurts.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't matter whether he did it this year, last year or 10 years ago. Any athlete who does it should be banned from competitive sports for life. We don't know if the changes incurred by doping ever revert back to baseline. We don't know how long the benefits last. And let's be real, there Are more cheaters who pass drug tests than non cheaters who fail.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One burning question keeps running over and over in my mind about this story...

Who the fuck is Michael Weiss?

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Paulo Sousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paulo Sousa wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

It's quite remarkable that they can legally take a blood sample from an athlete in America without probable cause.

I guess so, if he doesn't want to be a professional athlete anymore. Total violation of one's civil liberties innit eh?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you weren't in the room to physically see said athlete cheat, then you really have no excuse or reason to throw said athlete under the bus. You can speculate AT BEST.

As for Weiss accuser, a known cheat....I give no weight to his accusations. All cheaters try to blame others to try and make themselves look a little better. And as in any court of law, I want HARD evidence. Heresay is about as far as it gets from hard evidence. You sure as hell can't be accused and found guilty in a court of law based on heresay. You have to prove your case.

I'm neither for or against Weiss. I just know I wasn't there to see jack shit. Neither were any of you and this case is just really bizarre. When someone is cleared and then a year later overturned, I smell something that stinks of political corruption.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gandalf wrote:
Paulo Sousa wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

I guess so, if he doesn't want to be a professional athlete anymore. Total violation of one's civil liberties innit eh?

No. Being a athlete is not a civil right.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
being an athlete is a profession, and like other professions there are barriers to entry, certification of skills, and procedures for removal from the profession.

If the accepted norms and codified expected behaviors of the profession are blood testing, then take the test or don't. The consequences are clear (or should be).

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Speed Racer for an objective and unemotional analysis. This forum thread is full of armchair lawyers and weekend warrior wannabees that think they understand the issues and have the facts, and dumbly think they can be judge, jury and executioner and get it right. Anyone with an ounce of intellectual honesty pays little attention to their rants anyway so it's comforting to know that their ramblings are pretty much irrelevant to most thinking folks.

SpeedRacer1 wrote:
If you weren't in the room to physically see said athlete cheat, then you really have no excuse or reason to throw said athlete under the bus. You can speculate AT BEST.

As for Weiss accuser, a known cheat....I give no weight to his accusations. All cheaters try to blame others to try and make themselves look a little better. And as in any court of law, I want HARD evidence. Heresay is about as far as it gets from hard evidence. You sure as hell can't be accused and found guilty in a court of law based on heresay. You have to prove your case.

I'm neither for or against Weiss. I just know I wasn't there to see jack shit. Neither were any of you and this case is just really bizarre. When someone is cleared and then a year later overturned, I smell something that stinks of political corruption.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mapletop wrote:
Thanks Speed Racer for an objective and unemotional analysis. This forum thread is full of armchair lawyers and weekend warrior wannabees that think they understand the issues and have the facts, and dumbly think they can be judge, jury and executioner and get it right. Anyone with an ounce of intellectual honesty pays little attention to their rants anyway so it's comforting to know that their ramblings are pretty much irrelevant to most thinking folks.

SpeedRacer1 wrote:

Right..but do you have cows and goats on your farm? That would be cool!

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mapletop wrote:

SpeedRacer1 wrote:

I think this page completes the above two posts quite nicely:

http://en.wikipedia.org/...Cognitive_dissonance

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're welcome, but no need to thank me. There isn't a single person on this forum that saw Michael do anything.

There are a lot of members on this forum that are just completely full of themselves and think they know everything. Those are the ones who generally know the least. I think you can kind of figure out who those are.

I actually read Michael's Lava interview and hoped the best for him. Really good article. Especially when he had his uncle or someone sell his race wheels just to get to see your daughter. That's awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
Especially when he had his uncle or someone sell his race wheels just to get to see your daughter. That's awesome!

Can you please give me more details? My daughter is 13yo.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just for clarification. I assume you meant to reply to Mapletop? And you're referring to Mapletop's daughter / Michi's wife?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As for Weiss accuser, a known cheat....I give no weight to his accusations....

I wonder if any accuser (or person)in history has ever lived their lives without ever cheating or lying? That doesn't necessarily mean they have no credibility though.

And as in any court of law, I want HARD evidence.

Lots of cases are solved without hard evidence.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [elpete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are correct. Not sure how I did that. Sorry Paulo! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Edit,,,,,,,deleted my post, remember its not worth posting to you
Last edited by: Kenney: Nov 29, 11 20:27
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss Suspended [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Edit,,,,,,,deleted my post, remember its not worth posting to you

You're smarter than you read.

-