Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Maybe she loves him! ;)

I hope she does. But no need to mention it in every media item :-)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has Ryf dropped out or is she injured?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Such a bummer. Especially when its provided To you for free. 😂 I like it and gets me pumped so sorry. :)

Nothing comes free Talbot. Those videos do take time out of our day and yes we can choose to watch or not watch.

Call me a hater or whatever you want. I just see myself as a dude giving you feedback along with others that you always ask for.

Videos were great last year, they are good this year. But the pattern has become predictable. Start video with interview, hit a few key points then go into electric music with several minutes of slo-mo and action shots of random SBR. Then wrap up rest of video with interview.

I liked your videos a lot last year but this year it just seems like a rehash. Last year I watched all, this year I've watched a couple.

I know you have talent and all I am saying is that you are more creative than what you are currently putting out.

There's your free customer feedback ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [CU427] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree the music could be better, take Casey Neistat for example, his music fits the mood and the story, not just a one size fits all.

And what the hell with that strange guy at the end doing push ups??? Very awkward with people walking past desk seeing that at work

Otherwise love the vids keep up the good work
Last edited by: dunno: Oct 11, 18 3:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is just constructive criticism, love what you’re doing and appreciate immensely! (Still think you should set up a patreon account)

I don’t have an opinion on the music either way, but I’m watching the videos to listen to what the athlete has to say. Not watch tons of video of them working out to music. I’d prefer if when showing the workouts that you just continue with their commentary for the most part and just use a little music here and there to transition from one answer to the next. I find myself skipping through the 2-3 minutes of just video to music in these.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or her cranks are too long... ;)

thatzone wrote:
Do we say, her seat is too high????

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [flight<bird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flight<bird wrote:
cloy wrote:
Love the videos, but any consideration for some different genres of music? Maybe you've added some rock, but I've only ever heard electronic music.

Agree.. cant stand the music on these videos.. I try and turn the volume right down whenever I think there is no dialogue so probably miss some things...

I’m not allowed to have the volume on when my girlfriend is around. She can’t stand the music. I admit it’s pretty bad, and I listen to electronic music. Definitely an area for improvement
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
thatzone wrote:
Do we say, her seat is too high????

So funny, I was watching the video thinking - I bet someone mentions her seat is too high!!

It's toward the high side of what's acceptable but her hips aren't rocking so I think she's OK. Actually think her position looks really good overall, bet she's more aero than 95% of the people on ST despite your quibbles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
Such a bummer. Especially when its provided To you for free. 😂 I like it and gets me pumped so sorry. :)

Nothing comes free Talbot. Those videos do take time out of our day and yes we can choose to watch or not watch.

Call me a hater or whatever you want. I just see myself as a dude giving you feedback along with others that you always ask for.

Videos were great last year, they are good this year. But the pattern has become predictable. Start video with interview, hit a few key points then go into electric music with several minutes of slo-mo and action shots of random SBR. Then wrap up rest of video with interview.

I liked your videos a lot last year but this year it just seems like a rehash. Last year I watched all, this year I've watched a couple.

I know you have talent and all I am saying is that you are more creative than what you are currently putting out.

There's your free customer feedback ;)

Agree completely. Stale at this point. You started the venture by being out of the box and now it's called "being safe". Too much drone too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
video awesome. music argh.

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
I agree the music could be better, take Casey Neistat for example, his music fits the mood and the story, not just a one size fits all.

And what the hell with that strange guy at the end doing push ups??? Very awkward with people walking past desk seeing that at work

Otherwise love the vids keep up the good work

Casey is a great example to pull from.

He does TONS of time lapses, but the serve a point, a transition of time in the story.

While Talbots videos are not necessarily stories (They would be much better if they were) he could use the training shots/drone shots as transitions of the interview. Going from one question to the next or one topic to the other, insert highlight or drone between.

This is where triathlon as a whole IMO goes so wrong of catching viewership. To be honest IMO it's really not that fun watching people train. I have no desire to watch Gomez come out of the water in a speedo like I'm watching Baywatch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really sure why you're hating on the formula, different videographers have a specific formula that works.

The music is fine, mostly up beat...and wth would put rock as an overlay here?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First of all, LOVE your videos-thank you for providing them! I wouldn't change a single thing.

Except the music. The music sucks. That said, I'm so starving for content, I'm willing to take a few bites of the shit sandwich.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m starting to get embarrassed when my wife walks in and I’m watching these videos. She probably thinks it’s the same video on repeat and I’m completely enamored by shirtless men running around in very little clothes.

General reply on the high seat, doesn’t it seem like every specialized athlete rides with their seat too high?

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Not really sure why you're hating on the formula, different videographers have a specific formula that works.

For me the formula doesn't work. Its predictable and the slo-mo and 1/3 to 1/2 of the video being just highlights of them working out isn't entertaining or inspiring.

The interviews are okay, but they generally say the same thing as they do in other interviews, so if I see an interview by Sarah True somewhere else first I know what she will say in Talbots interview.

He is not finding the stories and he can. That's just my .02 cents.

I feel his talents are more creative than this or maybe my expectations are out of line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

It works but that doesn't mean its everyones style. I agree that the action sequences are getting played out. He has an awesome opportunity to sit down with these pros and to only see a few minutes of the interview is a bummer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all of yalls feedback. You’re right on the videos they’re boring and bad. I have decided after your comments to cancel the rest of the series. I canceled all of the shoots for the next 3 athletes.

No more kona series videos. Thanks again for watching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:

sorry, i can't entirely tell if you're joking here. are you trying to argue that talbot ought to owe you something for the time that you took to watch the free video he made for you?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha. So for the Kona shoots how long are you spending with each athlete? Because if it's all day, what are you doing with all that B-roll? Who's up today?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m sure you are kidding, and hope you incorporate constructive feedback into your thought process.

The fact that people took the time to share thoughts with you is a compliment. You don’t have to take the advice, but should appreciate that you have an audience that cares about the content.

FWIW, Mitchelton Scott’s Backstage Pass is an example of how to include a range of music genre into this type of production. Not that I could come close to doing anything similar.

Thank you for sharing your videos with us. Getting to know these athletes is an important part of engaging in the sport. I appreciate having access to them through your content.

Best,

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to see Lucy beat down Josh in a 200 Fly 🤣

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is not finding the stories and he can. That's just my .02 cents.

--------

Psst I'll let you in on a little secret- I think you would likely be completely underwhelmed by the "stories" on the pros as much as you seem underwhelmed by the way Talbot is showcasing them now.....Pros aren't any different than the average AG'er, just ride their bike and run a little faster.

(ETA: So that's not a knock on Talbot- more that the background story on Lucy Charles or Sanders or Gomez or Frodo isn't as earth shatteringly exciting as you may seem to think there is).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Oct 11, 18 9:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No I am not kidding actually. I cancled my shoots with wurf, and the mckenzies.

I also have already recorded some footage but not going to publish. To much negative feedback.

I usually spend 15 - 20 mins depending on the sport they do. My interviews are never longer than 8 mins.

I am just going to enjoy the island and watch the race instead of doing any more videos. So totally not kidding.
Quote Reply

Prev Next