Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice videos sir!! awesome to watch and very well made!

LOL @ the negative comments. no short supply of that on the online forums. there is always 1 guy who acts like someone shit in their cereal
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [CU427] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:

I feel his talents are more creative than this or maybe my expectations are out of line.

I can't seem to understand why you care so much about a video? Just watch and enjoy. Or you can start your own videos, travel to Kona, and do better than Talbot if you want.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
No I am not kidding actually. I cancled my shoots with wurf, and the mckenzies.

I also have already recorded some footage but not going to publish. To much negative feedback.

I usually spend 15 - 20 mins depending on the sport they do. My interviews are never longer than 8 mins.

I am just going to enjoy the island and watch the race instead of doing any more videos. So totally not kidding.

Enjoy the race and forget about the losers on here who want everything to be there way whether it's bicycle design or apparently videos now.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Thanks for all of yalls feedback. You’re right on the videos they’re boring and bad. I have decided after your comments to cancel the rest of the series. I canceled all of the shoots for the next 3 athletes.

No more kona series videos. Thanks again for watching.

You can't fire me.... I QUIT!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:

I also have already recorded some footage but not going to publish. To much negative feedback.

I usually spend 15 - 20 mins depending on the sport they do. My interviews are never longer than 8 mins.

I am just going to enjoy the island and watch the race instead of doing any more videos. So totally not kidding.

Talbot, your videos are great! I don't think anyone can dispute that, especially given that you're booked solid and get tons of views!

Don't let a few errant comments on an anonymous internet board affect your plans and management of your time. It's super hard to do great work like you do, but it's really easy to be an armchair critic, kinda like NBA superfans willing bash on Lebron James even when he drags his teams to the finals every year singlehandedly.

I don't see anyone else pumping out high quality super cutting-edge preKona videos with the big guns like you do - it's definitely your A+ calling card. Keep up the good work, take it to heart that there are farrrrr more appreciate folks out here, even if there are a few criticisms lobbed from the galley. (Lots of which I don't agree with, but I'm not a videographer.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well dude...that sucks! Funny, how people hated the song you put on the Ryf video but I was all into the beat...now the lyrics of that song were weird when I listened to it which I see why you're just pulling instrumentals. IRT cancelling shoots, there's 200k views vs maybe a few hundred negative comments, this is where I say put in the ear plugs and stop listening to the noise and get after it.

But, if you just want to sip a mai tai go ahead and do that. Enjoyed the series so far.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is why we can't have nice things....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting. Don't put too much stock in the criticism, the slowtwitch gang can be a curmudgeonly bunch...lol
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Give her a half a CM down on seat. Seems to be reaching for the bottom of her stroke

"injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" MLK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The videos are great!

I actually love the slow motions and the views of the island.

You get tons of views and I am looking forward to every new video. It would be a bummer should you stop.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Lucy and have enjoyed meeting her in person. Personally I am not super fond of these videos. The goofy guy at the end is a but much for me (I may be too old to appreciate). I watched this one because everyone said it was so good. It seemed to me that there was an awful lot of filler like all of the slow motion butterfly. I would like to hear more from her. Obviously based on the other comments I may be in the minority, but those are my thoughts.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tuckandgo wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
Maybe she loves him! ;)

I hope she does. But no need to mention it in every media item :-)

Ever watch a NASCAR post-race interview

"I'm just glad the Mellow Yellow Toyota Carmy kept spinning the Goodyear tires, and when we stopped for Sunoco Race Fuel, we didn't skid on the Sacrete and end up on infield, which looked so nice thanks to the Scotts Turf Builder and John Deere lawnmowvers.Now I have to get my Bud Light, and maybe a Carls Jr. cheeseburger, before going to GreatClips, because it gets a little toasty under that Bell helmet"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you realize that consumer feedback is incredibly important to any business? Just look around and consider how much money big business pays to obtain, evaluate and respond to market feedback.

The “critics” on this thread are Talbot’s most valuable contributors. He doesn’t need to respond with changes, but is fortunate to have access to his audience.

Shutting down the production in response to a few “negative reviews”, during peak interest, is naive, egocentric and foolish. It is also ironic in the sense there is another thread on the front page debating the value of the pro field. Taking away what little exposure these athletes have will certainly not help their economic interests.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Thanks for all of yalls feedback. You’re right on the videos they’re boring and bad. I have decided after your comments to cancel the rest of the series. I canceled all of the shoots for the next 3 athletes.

No more kona series videos. Thanks again for watching.

Please go on! I'm a scientists and the feedback you get on reviews is usually gruelling. The only way to deal with it is taking a positive attitude towards it. You can't please everyone, but what you get as feedback are things some people don't like, or what they think you can improve upon.
Do you, as an artist, want your videos to be recognized by the music? Some might not like, but it could also work for others that it rings a bell, and they know there is a Talbot Cox video coming, and they know they like those.
Would a story line improve your videos? Would the suggestion how to build a story line work to build a story line? If people want a storyline, how could I build that? Etc.

Pulitzer price books aren't written in one go, nobel price writers didn't win their nobel price based on their first book. I'm sure you would agree that your videos now are much better than when you just started. And in a few years time you'll realize that your videos then are much better than they are now.

I love your videos, but I caught myself zoning out in some of the shots with highlights of training. Maybe because I've seen so many of your videos in a short time, but I wondered if those shots could be used to also convey some other information, or if additional information could be presented with them.

Keep up the good work! My personal favorite Kona video so far was Sarah True. I never saw an interview or anything with, but she shot right to my top of favorite triathlete women!
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can actually see your point. But it's also Slowtwitch....where we can never have nice things :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, our tendency to tear things apart is disappointing. Glad to know you see my point that may not be the case here!

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems a good ploy to reverse the comments and get encouragement to go forward. Looks like Talbott schooled you all.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We (consumers) are a finicky bunch. Did anyone see the feedback on the LS videos a few weeks back when he went with more "funny" stuff.....the very same people who are questioning him for the music in this video, clowned him for the content/genre of that different style of Talbot videos.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somebody find Talbot's emotional support squirrel and get it back to him ASAP!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:

Man, don't do that. Take the feedback on this site for what it is. People are obviously watching the vids.

I was going to suggest letting the interview subject suggest the music to play for his/her episode. Not sure if you run into any rights issues, but that would be cool. We'd all have to turn the sound down for Amberger's, but for the others...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
This is why we can't have nice things....

X1000

Talbot, how bout collaborating with some other folks, like Cupcakes with Cal. Your creative style mixed with his interviewing skills would be something refreshing. Maybe you and Taren could collaborate on some good-natured prank videos (post-race)? Or you and Taren walk the streets and ask random funny questions (a'la Jimmy Kimmel)?

Maybe spend an episode on a MOP'er who has an interesting story, or is semi-famous? Or hi-light a first time Kona AG'er who is like a deer in headlights w/ unbridled enthusiasm and get the race build up from their perspective.

Just some ideas of different kinds of content to sprinkle in.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if you run into any rights issues, but that would be cool.

---------

have you seen what happens to just random FB videos posted by random people with music in it? It has gotten pulled all the time by FB for "copyright" infringement. And that's for a private not for profit entity....you know a business is going to have to pay for music and/or get permission.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Due to criticism of my idea, I am canceling the rest of my planned comments in this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love all the videos! And I love the music—-I have a lot of this stuff in my music library that I Listen to while riding and running. Keep up the good work,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love all the videos! And I love the music—-I have a lot of this stuff in my music library that I Listen to while riding and running. Keep up the good work,
Quote Reply

Prev Next