Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
CU427 wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
CU427 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
Such a bummer. Especially when its provided To you for free. šŸ˜‚ I like it and gets me pumped so sorry. :)

Nothing comes free Talbot. Those videos do take time out of our day and yes we can choose to watch or not watch.

sorry, i can't entirely tell if you're joking here. are you trying to argue that talbot ought to owe you something for the time that you took to watch the free video he made for you?

No joking.

I didn't pay him money, I paid him in my time. He didn't earn a dollar directly from he. But he did earn a view count and in YouTube's world that equates to $.

My cost was my time. His profit was my view count.

Nothing was free here.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Send me your freaking paypal account and I'll paypal you $1 for the humongous sacrifice you had to endure by watching an 8 minute video with a very pretty lady on it.

Talk about being whiny.

Not being whiny at all.

I simply commented that viewing these videos is not free...which Talbot says it is. I'm just making a point that the cost is time instead of money.

Not really complaining just clarifying a point.

I like Talbot, like I said I watched every video last year. I just think he can do better than what he is producing this year, especially since he said he had big things. It just seems the same.

Sorry to upset you so much.

You are right, watching those videos isn't free. Just like reading your shit whiny posts wasn't free to me, either. It cost me at least 90 seconds where I could have been doing something better like sanding some skin off my napsack.

This is the bit where you tell me that I should shut the fuck up because I could easily have chosen not to read your post. Oh, wait... there is a parallel there somewhere I think?

Somebody kindly invited me over to dinner at their house the other day, it was nice of them to give me something and it didn't cost me anything other than my time. I complained that the soup was too salty and the fish was cold. Did that make me a dick? I think it might.

I hope Talbot ignores the loud and whiny minority and keeps producing these videos which have let me get to know these athletes so much better. This is one of the ways a sport can grow... people get to know the stars as people, feel invested in them, you become a fan and form an alliance and that is how interest grows. A shame if we don't get any more of these because of the small number of pillocks on ST who can't eat the salty soup with a smile (not that I'm necessarily comparing Talbot's choice of EDM with salty soup, your understand).

Yeah except that Talbot encourages people to give their feedback to the point he gives his number out on this forum. He is trying to make a profession out of this so that comparison you might really isn't valid.

I don't see how I was being whiny. I said I watched all his videos last year and this year I stopped. I gave my reasons as feedback which others agreed on (music, drone shots, predictable outline). Hell I even said that he can create better then he currently is.

The only thing I could have been "whiny" about was my time comment. Which was more of a comment on nothing being free than saying it was a waste of my time. It was simply an observation.

And that is being whiny?

Sorry to upset everyone and make triathlon lose a person to "help grow the sport". Jesus he if really got that upset about it all maybe making all of his work public isn't the best idea.

I'll just give Talbot a call and apologize for hurting his feelings.

I'm guessing your also upset about all the people that complain about Bob Babbitt as well
</htm
Last edited by: CU427: Oct 12, 18 9:02
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [CU427] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
CU427 wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
CU427 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
Such a bummer. Especially when its provided To you for free. šŸ˜‚ I like it and gets me pumped so sorry. :)

Nothing comes free Talbot. Those videos do take time out of our day and yes we can choose to watch or not watch.

sorry, i can't entirely tell if you're joking here. are you trying to argue that talbot ought to owe you something for the time that you took to watch the free video he made for you?

No joking.

I didn't pay him money, I paid him in my time. He didn't earn a dollar directly from he. But he did earn a view count and in YouTube's world that equates to $.

Nothing was free here.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Send me your freaking paypal account and I'll paypal you $1 for the humongous sacrifice you had to endure by watching an 8 minute video with a very pretty lady on it.

Talk about being whiny.

Not being whiny at all.

I simply commented that viewing these videos is not free...which Talbot says it is. I'm just making a point that the cost is time instead of money.

I like Talbot, like I said I watched every video last year. I just think he can do better than what he is producing this year, especially since he said he had big things. It just seems the same.

You are right, watching those videos isn't free. Just like reading your shit whiny posts wasn't free to me, either. It cost me at least 90 seconds where I could have been doing something better like sanding some skin off my napsack.

This is the bit where you tell me that I should shut the fuck up because I could easily have chosen not to read your post. Oh, wait... there is a parallel there somewhere I think?

Somebody kindly invited me over to dinner at their house the other day, it was nice of them to give me something and it didn't cost me anything other than my time. I complained that the soup was too salty and the fish was cold. Did that make me a dick? I think it might.

I hope Talbot ignores the loud and whiny minority and keeps producing these videos which have let me get to know these athletes so much better. This is one of the ways a sport can grow... people get to know the stars as people, feel invested in them, you become a fan and form an alliance and that is how interest grows. A shame if we don't get any more of these because of the small number of pillocks on ST who can't eat the salty soup with a smile (not that I'm necessarily comparing Talbot's choice of EDM with salty soup, your understand).

Yeah except that Talbot encourages people to give their feedback to the point he gives his number out on this forum. He is trying to make a profession out of this so that comparison you might really isn't valid.

I don't see how I was being whiny. I said I watched all his videos last year and this year I stopped. I gave my reasons as feedback which others agreed on (music, drone shots, predictable outline). Hell I even said that he can create better then he currently is.

The only thing I could have been "whiny" about was my time comment. Which was more of a comment on nothing being free than saying it was a waste of my time. It was simply an observation.

And that is being whiny?

Sorry to upset everyone and make triathlon lose a person to "help grow the sport". Jesus he if really got that upset about it all maybe making all of his work public isn't the best idea.

I'm guessing your also upset about all the people that complain about Bob Babbitt as well
</htm

I'll say it. You're being whiny and need to take a different perspective off your high horse.

Thanks for alienating an otherwise hugely contributing member of the triathlon community, who was providing unprecedented access AND entertainment for all the fans out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feedback is a gift.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I laughed at your "Seat is too high" comment as every time I see her on the bike I think her saddle IS too high.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
CU427 wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
CU427 wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
CU427 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:

No joking.

Nothing was free here.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Talk about being whiny.

Not being whiny at all.

And that is being whiny?

</htm

I'll say it. You're being whiny and need to take a different perspective off your high horse.

Thanks for alienating an otherwise hugely contributing member of the triathlon community, who was providing unprecedented access AND entertainment for all the fans out there.

So it was my specific comments that apparently turned Talbot to shut down his operation and alienating the triathlon community?

I just saw on YouTube Lionels channel is still busting out videos as of this morning....

So you think I'm being whiny? Meh.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [ksb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stop digging

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surprisingly Talbot Cox misses the opportunity to tell Bob Babbitt just how awful ST is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifWPLz6LjeY

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuller wrote:
Surprisingly Talbot Cox misses the opportunity to tell Bob Babbitt just how awful ST is...

I don't see how Talbot merits being interviewed by Babbitt.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Fuller wrote:

Did you listen to the interview? Pretty clear why Bob had him on. I mean the guy is the leading content creator for Pro's and clearly, Bob has great admiration for what he's doing as a fellow 'media guy' in Kona. I think he totally deserved the moment with Bob, and it was clearly cherished by Talbot.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Fuller wrote:

Did you listen to the interview? Pretty clear why Bob had him on. I mean the guy is the leading content creator for Pro's and clearly, Bob has great admiration for what he's doing as a fellow 'media guy' in Kona. I think he totally deserved the moment with Bob, and it was clearly cherished by Talbot.

No, I intentionally did not watch. I don't think Talbot's little videos put him on the same level with the current pro contenders, much less with Dave Scott, Mark Allen, Scott Molina, Erin Baker, Julie Moss, etc. Sorry but I just do not agree. I don't care if Babbitt "admires" him or not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think Talbot's little videos put him on the same level with the current pro contenders,

------

I think it's because his "little" videos of the current pro contenders is why everyone in the industry is taking notice and thus an appearance on the show w Bob is fairly warranted. It's his "little" videos that allow pros and thus sponsors of said pros to get out there every single video.....in the same reason why at the start of every Breakfast w Bob show he gives 20s to the start of his show calling out every show sponsor. That's how you make in roads with new fans, new products, new sponsors.

I'm surprised you don't see/recognize that, or maybe you don't think he's doing much with his "little" videos.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
JBell wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Fuller wrote:

No, I intentionally did not watch. I don't think Talbot's little videos put him on the same level with the current pro contenders, much less with Dave Scott, Mark Allen, Scott Molina, Erin Baker, Julie Moss, etc. Sorry but I just do not agree. I don't care if Babbitt "admires" him or not.

Look at me guys, I am intentionally being an ass and I donā€™t like what most people like. Iā€™m so edgy.

If you donā€™t like the ā€œlittleā€ videos why even come into a thread about them? Why give a shit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another thing to think about...BwB did 65, repeat 65 interviews....He's now become the media "car wash" of Kona. Every pro and every industry/tri legend is going to get on there, have their 12 min pleasantry interview and move on. It's almost a rite of passage now, you can't not do BwB. So when you have to fill up 65 slots, you are then able to do some interviews on more than just the top 10 pros in the race.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Another thing to think about...BwB did 65, repeat 65 interviews....He's now become the media "car wash" of Kona. Every pro and every industry/tri legend is going to get on there, have their 12 min pleasantry interview and move on. It's almost a rite of passage now, you can't not do BwB. So when you have to fill up 65 slots, you are then able to do some interviews on more than just the top 10 pros in the race.

I didn't realize he did 65, so I suppose with that number including Talbot is understandable.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So just for fun I just went back and counted how many BWB interviews there were last year. 50 pre-race, and 9 post race (8 athletes, 1 w/Chris Guillemet of Velofix-Sponsor activation yo!). For pre-race that's increase of 30%.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
JBell wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Fuller wrote:

Eric, maybe he doesn't have the legendary status of these former athletes. But when triathlon royalty, such as Tim and Rinny or Gwen, ask you to produce their youtube channels not only does this make someone interesting to interview, it also shows how highly regarded he is in the industry. personally, I loved watching his interview, he was like an excited child at christmas, but still managed to stay composed and professional.

And yet he stopped doing all that because he was criticized on Slowtwitch? Add "Master Troll" to his list of accomplishments... well played!

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
JBell wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Fuller wrote:

Look at me guys, I am intentionally being an ass and I donā€™t like what most people like. Iā€™m so edgy.

If you donā€™t like the ā€œlittleā€ videos why even come into a thread about them? Why give a shit?

If you donā€™t like his comement why even comment about it? Why give a shit?
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
JBell wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Fuller wrote:

If you donā€™t like his comement why even comment about it? Why give a shit?

Did I say I didnā€™t like it? Maybe I loved his comment.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
JBell wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Fuller wrote:

Eric, maybe he doesn't have the legendary status of these former athletes. But when triathlon royalty, such as Tim and Rinny or Gwen, ask you to produce their youtube channels not only does this make someone interesting to interview, it also shows how highly regarded he is in the industry. personally, I loved watching his interview, he was like an excited child at christmas, but still managed to stay composed and professional.

Having had a LOT of interaction with many pros through the years with my photography, the key thing that gets them excited in having one work for them is FREE! I just yesterday had another request for free images. While he's riding a wave now, the road to paying bills is not in triathlon as I've never seen a cheaper group of athletes, sponsors, magazines and vendors. Good luck to Talbott and maybe he'll get a free lunch or an overnight stay, but sadly he'll end up used and tossed aside. Hopefully he can use these to springboard to a place that will reward him for his motivation and hard work.
Last edited by: ggeiger: Oct 13, 18 8:07
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
Ha, amazing. You have just continued to validate my theory that Lucy Charles never does an interview/blog without mentioning Reece. Quite frankly it's weird.

Reece is her coach and fiancƩ. Why is it wierd when she mentions him?

From the front page interview:

ST: What is your process of working on your run?

Lucy: My coach is Reese Barclay. He is my coach and my fiancƩ.

Errr, that is not the answer to the question 'what is your process of working on your run'.

I rest my case.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tuckandgo wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
Ha, amazing. You have just continued to validate my theory that Lucy Charles never does an interview/blog without mentioning Reece. Quite frankly it's weird.

Errr, that is not the answer to the question 'what is your process of working on your run'.

I rest my case.

You originally stated that itā€™s weird that she mentioned him. But now youā€™re stating that she does a poor job of answering questions. Two totally different things.

I rest my case.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:

I rest my case.

You originally stated that itā€™s weird that she mentioned him. But now youā€™re stating that she does a poor job of answering questions. Two totally different things.

I rest my case.

Don't be facetious - you know exactly what I mean.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did not cancel the series lol. I just fulfilled my contracts 10 Videos and canceled my last 2 videos to enjoy the island and make another video on Tim and Lionel that were both posted after I made that statement. (On their channels)

My job is kind of feeling out the athletes as well. Cam was so busy when I chatted with him. He seemed not to keen to make a video. (I think he accepted too much media and also was not riding his bike the day we had planned to shoot *Thursday*). Which if I published a video of Cam and him not riding the bike people would have just cried like little babies. The last thing I want to do is push an athlete to make a video or do something out of their way. I have never done that nor plan to do that. That's why most of the pros trust me and allow me to come in and follow them for the day. Beth and Luke were staying out at the 4 seasons (40 min drive) also doing separate things/workouts on Friday so logistically would have been hard to make a video. Plus its pretty stressful the day before their race. I was staying in the same house as Tim O'Donnell. It made sense to just make another one with him as I was already driving him to bike check-in anyway.

Taking criticism is a good thing. After I got hated on for drone shots I shot my next video with Lucy without a single drone shot. As far as music choice this is a hard topic. I have tried to use different music and just don't feel comfortable. Not only that but finding music is about a 2-3 hour process (per video). All my music was preselected in the weeks leading up to Kona. I did not really have time to find new music. Also, a lot of people kept sending my like popular rock and roll and pop music (ACDC lol). I don't think they understand you can't use copyrighted music. (Youtube will flag your video and take it down or mute all audio) This is something I look to explore and change for next year.

Interview style videos. My videos are not about a freaking interview. If you're looking for interviews go watch Breakfast with Bob, or the 700 other interviews and podcast the athletes are on. These athletes time is valuable. My goal for my videos is to simply record them training and mix it up with music for people to watch while they're on the trainer for the next few years. I don't like to sit down with the athletes and interview them on questions they have already answered 700 times. Like I said if you're looking to find out what Ryf has to say about Lucy Charles and the swim go watch her interviews on different channels. It's not that hard to find. I find that questions like that are not relevant after race day. October 13th, 2018. I try to ask questions that when someone watches the video 3 years down the road they will figure out something about the athlete.

With that being said I appreciate everyone watching this year. I would have liked to try and covered more athletes but found my self-fulfilling to much contract work that actually pays the bills lol. This is not a free endeavor. I usually take about a 3-4k bath every year on this but find it paying off by picking up new clients throughout the year. Plus who would not pay that much money to go to the world championships and hang out with the pros and take pics! :)

I will definitely be back. Hoping to get some bigger sponsorship $$ (for the series) and not only focus on the series next year in Kona but also shoot a "Pre Kona Series". Athletes training in August and September on their lead up to Kona In their hometowns / Training Camps.

Once again I appreciate all feedback good and bad! I did not even know this post spiraled out of hand. haha, I was in Kona on race week the last thing I was doing is checking ST haha. I document most of the good and bad comments in my notes on my computer for future videos. I still have 3 more videos to release. 2 on Tim and Rinnys Channel and a music mix up on mine of just all training from the week. Please feel free to leave any comments below good or bad as I will use them for next years series and lead up. Also for you keyboard warriors if you think it would be easier to call me that it would be to type out your emotions on your computer. Then feel free to call me or email me. 405-626-2816 Talbotcoxmedia@gmail.com

Last but not least I would like to thank EMJ and personally Ritch Viola (CEO). He and his company supported me to come out this year. He did not ask for anything in the videos. All he did was give me some $$ and a Discount code Talbot25. I thought I would be funny and put ads at the end of each video (Me flexing or being silly). Without people like him, this year's series would have not been possible. Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to say, my masters swim squad got a good understanding of my "1 goggle drill" from your underwater viewpoint of Lucy swimming like in the middle of your video. I have them work on that drill weekly, and I finally had the perfect "real" footage of it being applied in swimming that I easily could find (yes I'm sure there are 100's of videos on youtube to find it, i just never looked nor liked the context of if for my master swimmers).

So kudos for the coverage and different video formats.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply

Prev Next