Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But how will we watch you do push ups behind EMJ product??????

In all seriousness - I don’t think any of the comments were meant to dissuade you from producing more. You got a style and some people don’t like it, never going get everyone to like it. I’m starting a business and I got a negative review before I even opened because not that they disliked my business but they dislike all franchises as a whole. How eff’d up is that....

At least shoot Wurf...hoping he trash talks sanders some more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep - Hans and Franz here get totally pumped up with that music. We play these on the trainer in the mornings. Dankeschoen!
(and thanks for all the killer content)

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [N2176T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appears the jaybird earbuds are a sponsor in these vids. Not a fan how ryf had to wear them while biking, considering all recent bike - car disasters on the island
Last edited by: synthetic: Oct 11, 18 11:16
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
Such a bummer. Especially when its provided To you for free. 😂 I like it and gets me pumped so sorry. :)

Nothing comes free Talbot. Those videos do take time out of our day and yes we can choose to watch or not watch.

sorry, i can't entirely tell if you're joking here. are you trying to argue that talbot ought to owe you something for the time that you took to watch the free video he made for you?

No joking.

I didn't pay him money, I paid him in my time. He didn't earn a dollar directly from he. But he did earn a view count and in YouTube's world that equates to $.

My cost was my time. His profit was my view count.

Nothing was free here.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
CU427 wrote:

I feel his talents are more creative than this or maybe my expectations are out of line.

I can't seem to understand why you care so much about a video? Just watch and enjoy. Or you can start your own videos, travel to Kona, and do better than Talbot if you want.

I don't see why you care so much about my feedback to Talbot.

I gave him my feedback, he requests it. He even gave his number out at some point.

I watched his entire series last year. I enjoyed it. This year not so much and I am giving my feedback.

Why?

Because I think Talbot can do better that what he is currently producing.

Maybe I care so much because I want Talbot to succeed in a hard market in a very niche sport. Maybe because I think he has the platform to help grow the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [CU427] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
BryanD wrote:
CU427 wrote:

I feel his talents are more creative than this or maybe my expectations are out of line.

I can't seem to understand why you care so much about a video? Just watch and enjoy. Or you can start your own videos, travel to Kona, and do better than Talbot if you want.

I don't see why you care so much about my feedback to Talbot.

I gave him my feedback, he requests it. He even gave his number out at some point.

I watched his entire series last year. I enjoyed it. This year not so much and I am giving my feedback.

Why?

Because I think Talbot can do better that what he is currently producing.

Maybe I care so much because I want Talbot to succeed in a hard market in a very niche sport. Maybe because I think he has the platform to help grow the sport.

Really? The Lucy Charles videos has 20K views and 560 likes and 4 dislikes and b/c a handful of people on ST don't love them he takes his ball and goes home? I agree with Sean and getting him his "support squirrel" or something. I'm WAY out of my element here but a bit thicker skin may be in order. By the way I didn't watch last year so for me they're "new" and I enjoyed them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Hello ST,

Just posted my video with Lucy. I truly think it’s the best video yet. After talking with her she is a new person from last year. I spent some time with here and Reece in Slovakia earlier and then again in South Africa 70.3 wc. They told me she did not taper for 70.3 worlds. Her main focus was kona. South Africa was a last second decision in the middle of a big block. I don’t know why but I have a feeling we might witness an upset. Who else thinks lucy will be the first to cross the line?

Ps to the hater who hated on all my drone shots. I did not even get out my drone for Lucy’s video! 😘 Your welcome! Haha

Also if you wanna win a roka swim skin and win Lucy’s from the race follow my gram. 😉 Instagram.com/talbotcox

Where can I sign up to win Lucy?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
Hello ST,

Just posted my video with Lucy. I truly think it’s the best video yet. After talking with her she is a new person from last year. I spent some time with here and Reece in Slovakia earlier and then again in South Africa 70.3 wc. They told me she did not taper for 70.3 worlds. Her main focus was kona. South Africa was a last second decision in the middle of a big block. I don’t know why but I have a feeling we might witness an upset. Who else thinks lucy will be the first to cross the line?

Ps to the hater who hated on all my drone shots. I did not even get out my drone for Lucy’s video! 😘 Your welcome! Haha

Also if you wanna win a roka swim skin and win Lucy’s from the race follow my gram. 😉 Instagram.com/talbotcox

Where can I sign up to win Lucy?

You better hurry heard she getting marry soon during the off season!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
Such a bummer. Especially when its provided To you for free. 😂 I like it and gets me pumped so sorry. :)

Nothing comes free Talbot. Those videos do take time out of our day and yes we can choose to watch or not watch.

sorry, i can't entirely tell if you're joking here. are you trying to argue that talbot ought to owe you something for the time that you took to watch the free video he made for you?

No joking.

I didn't pay him money, I paid him in my time. He didn't earn a dollar directly from he. But he did earn a view count and in YouTube's world that equates to $.

Nothing was free here.

oh god, that must have been awful for you. i'll send you a cheque.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I enjoy your work! I think everyone had different expectations of what these videos were going to be about. Some probably were thinking you were going do what you did with Sanders, Jorgenson, Rinny, etc. More in depth insights on nutrition, day to day life, family, friends etc. I would think that there is no way to do that with each video coming out daily plus the number of athletes you've got on your list.

Personally either format would have worked for me. Whether you would have chosen 2 athletes to follow for the whole week or gotten as many in as many athletes as you could with these shorter interviews. I do like seeing the personalities of all the different athletes though so maybe would prefer what you are doing now.

I assume these are on the lighter side because you just don't have the time to sit down and interview these people for 4 hrs trying to get every piece of info out of them as possible. Short interview to get a good idea on what the athlete is about and then some action shootings. Back home to get it all edited and then rinse repeat for the next day.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
BryanD wrote:
This is why we can't have nice things....

X1000

Talbot, how bout collaborating with some other folks, like Cupcakes with Cal. Your creative style mixed with his interviewing skills would be something refreshing. Maybe you and Taren could collaborate on some good-natured prank videos (post-race)? Or you and Taren walk the streets and ask random funny questions (a'la Jimmy Kimmel)?

Maybe spend an episode on a MOP'er who has an interesting story, or is semi-famous? Or hi-light a first time Kona AG'er who is like a deer in headlights w/ unbridled enthusiasm and get the race build up from their perspective.

Just some ideas of different kinds of content to sprinkle in.

Hold the phone...in my house...Talbot is on a much higher and better level than Taren. Please none of that junk por favor.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
No I am not kidding actually. I cancled my shoots with wurf, and the mckenzies.

I also have already recorded some footage but not going to publish. To much negative feedback.

I usually spend 15 - 20 mins depending on the sport they do. My interviews are never longer than 8 mins.

I am just going to enjoy the island and watch the race instead of doing any more videos. So totally not kidding.

Lol I’d love to hear Cams response

“Hi Cam I’m canceling our shoot because a few people said they didn’t like the music in my vids”

In another thread you said you welcomed feedback?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:

No joking.

Nothing was free here.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Send me your freaking paypal account and I'll paypal you $1 for the humongous sacrifice you had to endure by watching an 8 minute video with a very pretty lady on it.

Talk about being whiny.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If SNL ever did a spoof of ST that guys response would be the leading skit that perfectly nails ST! Comedy gold! Would jimmy Fallon be able to stay in character without laughing....

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
CU427 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:

No joking.

Nothing was free here.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Send me your freaking paypal account and I'll paypal you $1 for the humongous sacrifice you had to endure by watching an 8 minute video with a very pretty lady on it.

Talk about being whiny.

Not being whiny at all.

I simply commented that viewing these videos is not free...which Talbot says it is. I'm just making a point that the cost is time instead of money.

Not really complaining just clarifying a point.

I like Talbot, like I said I watched every video last year. I just think he can do better than what he is producing this year, especially since he said he had big things. It just seems the same.

Sorry to upset you so much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
CU427 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:

No joking.

Nothing was free here.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Talk about being whiny.

Not being whiny at all.

I simply commented that viewing these videos is not free...which Talbot says it is. I'm just making a point that the cost is time instead of money.

I like Talbot, like I said I watched every video last year. I just think he can do better than what he is producing this year, especially since he said he had big things. It just seems the same.

So your argument is that nothing at all is free. Great argument. How about this, the videos, which you willing choose to watch for your own benefit are way more free than a whole lot of other content.

If I understand your argument, it is that since Talbot gets compensated indirectly by your time, he owes you better videos? Not a compelling argument.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
And what the hell with that strange guy at the end doing push ups??? Very awkward with people walking past desk seeing that at work

That’s Talbot Cox...
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Guardian wrote:
CU427 wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
CU427 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:

No joking.

Nothing was free here.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Talk about being whiny.

Not being whiny at all.

So your argument is that nothing at all is free. Great argument. How about this, the videos, which you willing choose to watch for your own benefit are way more free than a whole lot of other content.

If I understand your argument, it is that since Talbot gets compensated indirectly by your time, he owes you better videos? Not a compelling argument.

If you can point me in the direction where I said he owed me something please let me know.

I was simply giving my feedback and letting him know I think and feel he can do better.

See my original post.

Talbot doesn't owe me shit, he can do what he want.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tuckandgo wrote:
Ha, amazing. You have just continued to validate my theory that Lucy Charles never does an interview/blog without mentioning Reece. Quite frankly it's weird.

Reece is her coach and fiancé. Why is it wierd when she mentions him?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
No I am not kidding actually. I cancled my shoots with wurf, and the mckenzies.

I also have already recorded some footage but not going to publish. To much negative feedback.

I usually spend 15 - 20 mins depending on the sport they do. My interviews are never longer than 8 mins.

I am just going to enjoy the island and watch the race instead of doing any more videos. So totally not kidding.

That's a shame - feedback is always good to have, negative feedback is the best, it helps you improve.

You've become better and better - and on here, you're getting great tips on how to improve, for free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
CU427 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:

No joking.

Nothing was free here.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Talk about being whiny.

Not being whiny at all.

You are right, watching those videos isn't free. Just like reading your shit whiny posts wasn't free to me, either. It cost me at least 90 seconds where I could have been doing something better like sanding some skin off my napsack.

This is the bit where you tell me that I should shut the fuck up because I could easily have chosen not to read your post. Oh, wait... there is a parallel there somewhere I think?

Somebody kindly invited me over to dinner at their house the other day, it was nice of them to give me something and it didn't cost me anything other than my time. I complained that the soup was too salty and the fish was cold. Did that make me a dick? I think it might.

I hope Talbot ignores the loud and whiny minority and keeps producing these videos which have let me get to know these athletes so much better. This is one of the ways a sport can grow... people get to know the stars as people, feel invested in them, you become a fan and form an alliance and that is how interest grows. A shame if we don't get any more of these because of the small number of pillocks on ST who can't eat the salty soup with a smile (not that I'm necessarily comparing Talbot's choice of EDM with salty soup, your understand).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
The Guardian wrote:
CU427 wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
CU427 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
CU427 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:

No joking.

Nothing was free here.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Talk about being whiny.

Not being whiny at all.

If you can point me in the direction where I said he owed me something please let me know.

I was simply giving my feedback and letting him know I think and feel he can do better.

See my original post.

Talbot doesn't owe me shit, he can do what he want.

So the odd thing here is the parallel where you seem to not take opinions about your posts very well. I find that interesting. If you meant to have a positive influence then that doesn't seem to be going well, I think we can agree? So if the important thing is the content and producer then maybe have a think and try and find common ground (or just back out gracefully).
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [NONE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If dude wants to make YouTube videos, but only wants positive feedback, he picked the wrong occupation, lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Somebody kindly invited me over to dinner at their house the other day, it was nice of them to give me something and it didn't cost me anything other than my time. I complained that the soup was too salty and the fish was cold. Did that make me a dick? I think it might.

Yeah exactly. There's a difference between some weird teenager-like hyper-literal nitpicking and just not acting like a dick, and it's not even that fine a line. It's really sad when the anonymous internet knocking machine flattens something good.

Chop Nutrition http://www.chopnutrition.com (UK only)
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles - Best Video Yet #Konaseries [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same. It seems that lot of people are thinking that criticism of others makes them better. Same thing happened on thread about triathlon taren. Just bunch of loosers who cannot be pleased.
Quote Reply

Prev Next