Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that the Specialized patent is only in the US, but that's all they had to do to make somebody else producing one very cost prohibitive.

If I had a Felt, I would definitely "enable" the downtube hydration option. I'm surprised hardly anybody does.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
The Pinarello does look sharp but I’m not going to hold out any hope on pricing.

My LBS has told me a new Shiv will debut at Kona and that it will debut as a fully loaded “S-Works” model while they work through their existing frames. The only details given were “disc brake, Di2, power meter, and SWAT Storage.”

I heard the same.. local shop already ordered one up and you could walk in and order one if you wanted (with no details except color options and price.) There is an Expert version as well (but even the Expert is wickedly expensive.) So just a few more days and we should know more when the full launch happens.

Quote | Reply
I saw Tim Don out in boulder the other day and the shiv looked pretty standard but with a speed box like trek's speed concept

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Did it still have the big downtube and straw?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everything looked exactly the same, except the speed box. I didn't take the time to fully analyze as him and his training partner sped by me pretty quickly. The only thing that stuck out was the speed box and it might have integrated safety lights in the speedbox if my memory serves me correctly.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Shiv WILL be announced at Kona....

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 P2 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
2019 P3 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [bamatriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it won’t be ready til after the first pre season orders. Ben Hoffman IS riding it currently in Tucson.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

All those clocks on the wall and all have different time.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [bamatriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one on order :)

There was a recent podcast (Mile High Endurance) where he mentions seeing the bike and commenting on the fact that Tim Don will be on it in Kona.

I also have seen the 2019 dealer catalogue that has all the details but no photos.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 P3 [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelos website refers to “rim brake P3s” when describing the models. Obviously a disc version coming....
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 P3 [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone heard about Trek updating the speed concept soon? The website only shows one ultegra model for 2019, curious if they have a disc model in the pipeline.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
I have one on order :)

There was a recent podcast (Mile High Endurance) where he mentions seeing the bike and commenting on the fact that Tim Don will be on it in Kona.

I also have seen the 2019 dealer catalogue that has all the details but no photos.

Did you go with the black/holographic (guessing the same as the new avengers) or take a risk in whatever the ‘sunset’ color is?
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the S-Works in the satin carbon/gloss holographic foil.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talbot has a gallery of Daniela with a beautiful new custom painted Felt IA - I know we've seen the bike but giving Talbot some love!

talbotcox.com/kona for the galleries.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
I saw Tim Don out in boulder the other day and the shiv looked pretty standard but with a speed box like trek's speed concept

Well you didn't see the real thing If "pretty standard" is the descriptor
Last edited by: jkhayc: Sep 29, 18 18:36
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
aerobean wrote:

How are there not spy shots at this point? Obviously it's out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I should have paid more attention

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
aerobean wrote:

I hope not because everything else in this thread puts me to sleep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
aerobean wrote:

I may have seen the real one... and it was ugly.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes there is a new Shiv, see it at Kona today with Sarah True on board
Very strange Bike !

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bladders.

The most important thing to my point of view is the drinking system.

How to clean the bladders. Can you take them out, can you put them in the dishwasher. Are there throw away bladders which you just use one time?and such kind of questions.
I personally do not even use a bottle twice without cleaning even if I had plain water in it.

If there are no answers to these questions, can you purchase a frame/bike without drinking system and what are the possibilities to mount bottle holders.

Comfort
Also important. My present P5 is e.g. A LOT more comfortable than my old speedmax (the white model of 7 years ago).

Aerodynamics is probably irrelevant for the choice because there will be no substantive differences. Groupsets: you will probably be able to have any. And also the brake question is not so inportant, it will be disk.
Last edited by: longtrousers: Sep 30, 18 3:17
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 P3 [Ftfrst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ftfrst wrote:
Anyone heard about Trek updating the speed concept soon? The website only shows one ultegra model for 2019, curious if they have a disc model in the pipeline.

Well, there's the base-level Ultegra which is quite a best-seller around where I live (I'd guess nearly half the new bikes around are SCs, local fitter says a majority of his tri clients are SC) but there's Project One if you want to customise. Apparently nothing in the pipeline, no design yet fast enough to justify an update. They tried to work IsoSpeed into it but the forward weighting of the saddle in a tri position made it less relevant.

Too bad, I imagine a hydration system integrated into the current stem/bar would be quite popular.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.talbotcox.com/danielaryf-kona/

If you take a look at Ryf's bike, it appear that in addition to disc brakes the IAX has gained tilt adjustment on the base bar.
Quote Reply

Prev Next