Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The seat stays are too far away from the Top Tube to remain within UCI boxes. The frame (as is) looks to be Triathlon only.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [KevQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo will crush it with the new p5|p3x all things considered. I hope my expectations match the aesthetics of the bike(s).
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they did that though, all fairing of the rear wheel would be gone and there's near zero chance that bike is fast without the hydration fairing I wouldn't think.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
sorelegs wrote:
They've confirmed in the written description in the product catalog that it isn't UCI legal.

So the current Shiv TT lives on for another decade?

My exact thought. They just duct taped a box on the back and charged more for R&D. I was looking forward to the new specialized, but this is just plain stupid looking. I still think the trek SC is the best looking bike and practical bike by far.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the ICON paint for the madone project one builds has been extended to the speed concept.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [independent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess this is nothing new but just to have also the Felt IA here once more: here is the new rig of Daniela Ryf with disc brakes.

I just checked the Specialized Website and it seems they are currently changing their Shiv and Shiv TT sites. It´s quite odd that you´ll be linked to the page of the Shivv TT once you click on the Shiv. And once you click on the Shiv TT it would tell you an 404 error. :)
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is that tilt I see?

Chris_Mint wrote:
I guess this is nothing new but just to have also the Felt IA here once more: here is the new rig of Daniela Ryf with disc brakes.

I just checked the Specialized Website and it seems they are currently changing their Shiv and Shiv TT sites. It´s quite odd that you´ll be linked to the page of the Shivv TT once you click on the Shiv. And once you click on the Shiv TT it would tell you an 404 error. :)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
is that tilt I see?

Maybe. But I wouldn't be surprised if its just custom shims to get the tilt she wanted.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent them a message on that about a week ago but have not received a reply 🤷🏼‍♂️
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
which is what we all do on our non-tilting bikes. As long as you've got enough bolts lying around, it's not hard to do an undermount with tilt on a Felt IA. I seem to do that quite a bit with people.

stevej wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
is that tilt I see?

Maybe. But I wouldn't be surprised if its just custom shims to get the tilt she wanted.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [KevQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct... I added the bold below... that being said, I also didn't see a Shiv TT in the catalogue either so who knows...

We've never been one for dogmatic rules, so with a little defiance of the UCI's rule book, the
Shiv, again, sets the new standard for speed. It keeps its aero, fuel, and fit focus, but does so in
a whole new light. Yes, it has disc brakes. Yes, it’s easy to travel with. And yes, it takes aero to
unheard of heights, virtually disappearing in a crosswind. There’s only one bike that’s going to
help get you to the top of the podium this season, and that’s the S-Works Shiv Disc.

• The incredibly aerodynamic, crosswind-optimized, and non-UCI-legal FACT carbon
frame features all the details you’ve asked for—it’s packable, adjustable, has our
Fuelselage II integrated hydration and Fuelcell II nutrition systems, and it makes it easy to
find your perfect fit. The new "Shape of Speed" philosophy optimizes each tube shape
around aerodynamics, weight, and stiffness, and this creates the opportunity for
functional integration without compromising speed.

• The Control Tower II cockpit not only takes aerodynamics seriously, but it also allows for a
multitude of adjustments. As an added bonus, the Control Tower II easily unbolts from the
frame, and the basebar folds down parallel to the fork. This makes packing headaches a
thing of the past

• We've combined our incredibly light and stiff, carbon fiber S-Works road cranks with
dual-sided power measurement, making it the lightest (440g/172.5mm) and most
accurate (+/- 1.5%) power meter available.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
• We've combined our incredibly light and stiff, carbon fiber S-Works road cranks with

I love completely blatant lies in marketing. “Most accurate”, yeah sure if you ignore both SRM’s normal power meters and their science powermeter.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And here we go once more:

I like the design! But IMO the stem could be integrated a bit better.
It would probably be around 14k USD but I guess the new S-Works Shiv Disc nor the P5 Disc will be any cheaper.

Side note:
The Project 101 for the Speedmax CF SLX was released just 15min ago and unfortunately it isn´t any cool update or facelift to the Speedmax. It is only a 3d printed titanium cockpit for Patrick Lange. They just stole the very same design and idea that MOST had for Team Sky at the TdF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:

Side note:
The Project 101 for the Speedmax CF SLX was released just 15min ago and unfortunately it isn´t any cool update or facelift to the Speedmax. It is only a 3d printed titanium cockpit for Patrick Lange. They just stole the very same design and idea that MOST had for Team Sky at the TdF.

I didn't expect anything from the actual bike side, but this is pretty cool - I love the custom work even if it is well beyond my means.

Looking at the Schwalbe tires though - just change to something faster might be worth 101 seconds maybe? Shorter video...

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it just me, or does some of that look inspired by the old Transition?

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:

Side note:

I didn't expect anything from the actual bike side, but this is pretty cool - I love the custom work even if it is well beyond my means.

Looking at the Schwalbe tires though - just change to something faster might be worth 101 seconds maybe? Shorter video...

Where are you guys seeing this Project 101 thing?
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
dfru wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:

Side note:

check "Project 101 Revealed" by SwissSide on Youtube.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:
teichs42 wrote:
dfru wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:

Side note:

check "Project 101 Revealed" by SwissSide on Youtube.com

Won't Canyon release any disc brake speedmax models?
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
Correct... I added the bold below... that being said, I also didn't see a Shiv TT in the catalogue either so who knows...

We've never been one for dogmatic rules, so with a little defiance of the UCI's rule book, the
Shiv, again, sets the new standard for speed. It keeps its aero, fuel, and fit focus, but does so in
a whole new light. Yes, it has disc brakes. Yes, it’s easy to travel with. And yes, it takes aero to
unheard of heights, virtually disappearing in a crosswind. There’s only one bike that’s going to
help get you to the top of the podium this season, and that’s the S-Works Shiv Disc.

• The incredibly aerodynamic, crosswind-optimized, and non-UCI-legal FACT carbon
frame features all the details you’ve asked for—it’s packable, adjustable, has our
Fuelselage II integrated hydration and Fuelcell II nutrition systems, and it makes it easy to
find your perfect fit. The new "Shape of Speed" philosophy optimizes each tube shape
around aerodynamics, weight, and stiffness, and this creates the opportunity for
functional integration without compromising speed.

• The Control Tower II cockpit not only takes aerodynamics seriously, but it also allows for a
multitude of adjustments. As an added bonus, the Control Tower II easily unbolts from the
frame, and the basebar folds down parallel to the fork. This makes packing headaches a
thing of the past

They forgot to mention: It's Ugly as all get out...new name: shovelface shiv.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [kdl2493] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That bike is already so optimized, I think disc brakes would harm the overall aerodynamics. They would have go to the route of Rafael (the first front-integrated hydration ever, 2009; this one came in 2014, and Canyon–and others– was clearly inspired by it).

https://vonrafael.com/rafael-r-023-2/

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Last edited by: Staer: Oct 4, 18 8:48
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the Raphael ever truly a productionized frame? It was certainly innovative in several area, and combined some of the best ideas from many different manufacturers.

But, I had front bladder based hydration sometime in 2007, on more than one frame.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rafael was always custom built. So, kind of "productionized" - just not mass market, and definitely not concept.

What bikes had integrated hydration in 2007?

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was doing it on my Zipp 2001 and Softride Rocket TT, both of which had...extensive head tubes. I used Platypus bladders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:
And here we go once more:

I like the design! But IMO the stem could be integrated a bit better.
It would probably be around 14k USD but I guess the new S-Works Shiv Disc nor the P5 Disc will be any cheaper.

Where did this come from? This is quite a bit different from those other Shiv prototypes floating around....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking bike. Unfortunately, it being a Pinarello, I won't hold my breathe on price or ever even seeing one in person.
Quote Reply

Prev Next