Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A little birdie told me to keep an eye out for QR PRfour disc. Just saying.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Last edited by: domingjm: Oct 3, 18 4:27
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno, while the box is the biggest offender, there are some other aesthetic issues. The lines of the fork are not real attractive. The front end where the fork and down tube meet the head tube looks weird. There is some kind of gap (perhaps where the straw comes out). The downtube storage while very functional and likely well thought out takes away from the beauty of the downtube. In the picture above the gap between the front tire and the downtube looks a bit off (though it looks alright in the Instagram pic). The seat post is quite narrow. Maybe it’s more aerodynamic than the biggest/deeper ones every other manufacturer uses. But it looks out of place. Such a stark contrast to the new Pinarello Bolide. Though I suppose function over fashion.

It’ll also be interesting to see what the second fastest bike in their white paper is

Matt
Last edited by: Pun_Times: Oct 2, 18 22:02
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
I little birdie told me to keep an eye out for QR PRfour disc. Just saying.

Did that birdie happen to have some pictures or details on that bike as well??

I am not too much into QR but so far they had a PR6 and PR5 with disc already, didn´t they?
And the PR4 would be a cheaper version of that also with discs?
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. If I had to choose, I'd pick the Pinarello over that Specialized Shart any day.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris_Mint wrote:
domingjm wrote:

I am not too much into QR but so far they had a PR6 and PR5 with disc already, didn´t they?

Yep, apparently with 105, starting at $3,000. I'm very interested.

Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've gotta say the new 105 group is really really really nice. It's basically last year's R8000 Ultegra. I can't imagine ever needing more in terms of quality, reliability, and ergonomics... maybe just an extra cog out back ;)
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't disagree with you on the fork. It is what it is. Clearly designed for function over form. With regards to the down tube storage I don't think it would bother you in person. I've seen it on some of Specialized's other bikes and my impression has always been "neat!" Given the proportions of some of the Shiv's tubes, it appears that it likely underwent a design process similar to the new Venge where they optimized for both aero and weight (and UCI restrictions). I'm quite confident that without the hydration system that this bike will be UCI legal.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
trail wrote:
chriselam wrote:
if you put your thumb over that giant thing on the back it's a really nice looking bike.

Yeah, the offset in the horizontal lines of the toptube and the box thing is pretty jarring, from a purely aesthetic sense.

But sometimes bikes grow on you.

So does cancer.

In my estimation, I'd say they've made a concerted effort to move the centre of pressure as far back as possible, presumably to improve crosswind stability.

That works btw. In addition to helping with stability Specialized's system likely improves the aerodynamics of the bike-rider system.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
chriselam wrote:
if you put your thumb over that giant thing on the back it's a really nice looking bike.

Yeah, the offset in the horizontal lines of the toptube and the box thing is pretty jarring, from a purely aesthetic sense.

On a larger sizes that offset will approach zero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do wonder how many brands will end-up releasing slower bikes, purely for sales/marketing reasons and to incorporate the latest 'on-trend' technology.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:
domingjm wrote:

I don't get the excitement over something like this. Given the low prices that training wheels and 105 equipment goes for.....You're still paying over $2000 for what is essentially a plain frame that happens to use disc brakes?
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
trail wrote:
chriselam wrote:

On a larger sizes that offset will approach zero.

I also think, that the offset will get less with larger frames but I cannot imagine that it gets anywhere close to zero since the offset on True´s bike is quite hard.
Where did you guys get the information that the sail in the back is for hydration that goes through the bottom bracket. I saw Sarah the other day also having a hydration system on the aero bars. Is she having two systems?

I really wonder if the bike will be UCI legal with some adjustments. That would mean that Specialized drops one of their bikes (Shiv / Shiv TT). On the other hand the current spy shots show a bike that is really close to the current Shiv TT. Only the cockpit is a bit different (besides the Sail of death on the back and the fork).

The official release would probably be on Saturday or Sunday (Fingers crossed).
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Specialized will sell them as fast as they make them available.

Nice bike.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once we find out the features and someone does something special on one a week or so from now, it's going to look much prettier.

I am starting to like it...

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It definitely won't be UCI legal.

The more interesting part is the front end, which has a split vane style thing similar to the old Wilier, and akin to what Factor is doing. It's funny that the Wilier was more or less brushed off, it seems they were on to something. Basically, the fork blades continue straight up to the bars. There is also some kind of computer-hydration BTA setup, as there was a little thing sticking out in the middle between Sara's arms.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it me, or does the sippy straw appear to come out the side of the headtube area? I can't tell if that's where it comes out, or if that's where it'd dangling.

My preference based on personal experience is a relatively short vertical straw straight down the middle. That way it can be relatively hidden behind the bars, and you're never having to worry about where to put your mouth or move the end around. And, of course just stiff enough to stay vertical, but not so stiff that you risk core-sampling your mouth if you hit a bump while drinking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is using an XLAB Torpedo on the aerobars

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arby wrote:
I think Specialized will sell them as fast as they make them available.

Nice bike.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder apparently. That's an ew...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I can't disagree with you on the fork. It is what it is. Clearly designed for function over form. With regards to the down tube storage I don't think it would bother you in person. I've seen it on some of Specialized's other bikes and my impression has always been "neat!" Given the proportions of some of the Shiv's tubes, it appears that it likely underwent a design process similar to the new Venge where they optimized for both aero and weight (and UCI restrictions). I'm quite confident that without the hydration system that this bike will be UCI legal.
I thought there was a limit to how low you could mount the seat stays. But maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
domingjm wrote:
Chris_Mint wrote:
domingjm wrote:

I don't get the excitement over something like this. Given the low prices that training wheels and 105 equipment goes for.....You're still paying over $2000 for what is essentially a plain frame that happens to use disc brakes?

What are better options for disc brakes at the moment?

Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've confirmed in the written description in the product catalog that it isn't UCI legal.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW TRI BIKES 2019 // Felt, Pinarello, Cervelo, Specialized, Scott, Canyon [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
They've confirmed in the written description in the product catalog that it isn't UCI legal.

So the current Shiv TT lives on for another decade?

Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:

That’s unfortunate. Boo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
sorelegs wrote:

That’s unfortunate. Boo.

I like that it's not UCI legal.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take off the rear storage and change the fork? Would it be UCI legal?
Quote Reply

Prev Next